VABELLO
Its been 7 days since I had to put my baby boy to sleep. When does the pain and the guilt stop? He was my family's first dog and I feel worse every day. I know he's not in pain anymore but I don't know what to do without him. He was our baby....
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Vanessa,

Ohhh. Such wonderful photos of your beloved baby boy "Murphy." He was such a grand ole' pup it seems. So much wisdom in those eyes. I am so very sorry and saddened to learn of your loss. : *** (

I think you will find that there are many very compassionate, understanding, loving, caring, gracious, empathetic & wise people here on this forum. Welcome to it despite the circumstances.

As far as the "pain & guilt" goes, I've noticed that it comes in waves. I put my boy ( a cat named "Marmalade") down 9 weeks ago today, and I still break down and cry at this point. I've been more devastated at his loss than anyone I have known in my life.

All we can do is continue to try and travel through time, moment by moment, minute by minute, day by day, week by week and yes...even year by year (as some have posted here) and endeavor to heal. We all have our own built-in healing mechanism, we just need to try and allow our healing factor to work. It's each of our birthright.

I hope you will visit again and post and share some stories about your boy. 

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
VABELLO
Thank you so much. I thought there was something wrong with me. I loved him like I loved my kids. Im sorry for your loss as well. I didn't know losing him could hurt worse than losing a human. I don't know if thats cruel or normal to say. It's just how I feel.

Thank you.I don't feel so alone in my grief anymore.
Vanessa
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I have grieved my loss of my cat more than any member of my family or any friend or close associate. Your Murphy WAS family. You can see it in his grand demeanor in that photo of him with the Christmas Tree. He looks like a wise sage in that image. : )  You can see that he was at home in your home, and that he was considered "Family." May God bless & keep you for that. 

XO.
James
Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
Omg he is just beautiful!! I’m so sorry for your loss! I had to put my boy down on May 29! I still cry everyday. The pain has eased a little but it really is hard. This was my first dog well first pet ever. Thatcher was more than a pet my best friend and our family. Miss him so much. I hope your pain will ease soon. Thinking of you at this very vey sad time
Hang in there.
Cecelia
(Thatcher’s Mom)
Quote 0 0