IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
My mom let her sickly cat that she doesnt even know what's wrong with cause she never got her all her shots or bloodwork to find out whats wrong, poop in my cats litter box over the holidays. She lives with my husband and I as of a couple of years ago cause shes on SSI and cant afford much. So when she moved in with her cats we agreed that they would stay sparated of my kitty and only stay in her area thats divided by a hall door. Thats been fine for two and a half years. Over the holidays we we out christmas shopping on many evenings and she was letting her sickly cat into my kitty's area and pooping in his box. We would go and buy new litter the next day everytime we came home and discovered this and I asked her how her cat got out and she'd say it must have been an accident and she must have snuck out when she went to the kitchen for food. But based on the extra amounts of poops she had to have been out for hours. This happened at least four times over the holidays and Christmas eve I came home to both her cats out and on his cat trees and tons of poops in his box. I must of replaced $50 of litter over Dec. She was drunk and doesnt remember that night. So to her it never happened. Also the dividing door was wide open and my kitty could have ate plantes or med in her space which is why hes never allowed back there. Also her younger cat is agressive to her older cat all the time and may have beat up my kitty for his cat tree. He was running around playing with his toys and climbing up and down his cat tree before we left Christmas eve. When we came home 6 hours later he was really sick. The vets treated him for a week with Iv fliulds and med. but nothing was helping, they had no signs of infections or bloackages on ultrasounds or exrays so they never treated for a UTI. The day after he was gone they got the urinalysis back and he had a urinary tract infection from Ecoli that came from the other cats pooping in his box and being sick. Ive told my mom what happened and finding her cat out in his space many times over the holidays. But she swears it was only brief and theres no way her cats were pooping in his box or hurt him and she never remembers seeing him in her area. Also she says her cats couldnt have got him sick cause their not sick. 9 days after my kitty being gone she took her sickly cat to the vet cause she had labored breathing and didnt know what wrong with. She refused the bloodwork and insisted on antibotics for a respiratory infection, or she put her to sleep if it was to expensive cause she is 16. I cant forgive what has happened 3 months ago cause she wont say sorry and believes she did nothing wrong. I Miss Dylan Sooooo Bad!!! He was my support animal, I have a tumor in my sinuses that causes lots of pain offen and he was always by my side cuddling with me. He followed me around and did everything with me, at least inside the house, he was an indoor kitty his whole life. My husband and I had him since he was a baby, when we got married 14 yrs ago. Hes always been healthy and happy. I cant believe he was fine and now hes gone. I still have my mom living with us, I cant even speak to her anymore. I wish she could at least own up to what she was doing over the holidays, letting her cats use his space and poop and his box. And be sorry for what happened to him. I cry every night I am sicker then ever before more often now. I dont know how to cope.
Quote 0 0
sds
Oh, dear.. I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. I'm so sorry to hear about your tumor.  It must be an incredibly difficult time.  The grief itself is already so painful -- I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with so many other challenges at the same time.  Be gentle with yourself.  Grief is such hard work.  

Your kitty is adorable.  I am struck by how innocent, sweet and loving he is in the pictures.  I can imagine how comforting he was to you, how much you loved him, and how much you wanted to keep him protected.   I'm sorry for his sudden illness and that the diagnostics didn't point your vets to look for UTI.  Sadly, I think that veterinarians can only do so much -- there's only so much we ourselves can do to protect our kitties, despite our best efforts.  I can tell how much Dylan meant to you, how much he helped you cope with your own illness, how much you want answers, and mostly how much you miss him.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope you find some comfort in the days to come.  Hugs to you and to your mother for her loss as well.
Sharon
Quote 0 0
IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
Luckily for my mother the antibiotics they gave her helped her cat. So Only I lost my baby, Dylan as a result of her cat being sick and her being careless about her cats using his litter box and having contact with him. Thank you you for your kind words. I am just as heartbroken now as I the day it happened.
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
There are hardly any words
that I can think of that would
comfort you in your terrible loss
and grief.

In my prayers.

Quote 0 0
IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
Thank you. I cry every night. I am so heart broken!!
Quote 0 0
sds
What sweet photos of Dylan.  Did he open the presents himself?  I can tell you loved him so very much.  And I feel your pain.  I, too, am heartbroken over my kitty's passing.  It has been over 6 weeks now, and I still cry every day.  It's still hard to accept that he's gone.  I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you.  I wish you peace and healing.   
Sharon
Quote 0 0
IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
Thank you for your reply. It was was my 35th birthday the end of September last year. He loved wrapping paper, so every special occasion we always threw it on the floor for him to play with. That picture makes me sad though, cause it shows just how healthy he was in September and that he wasnt getting old and ill as my mom suggests happened to him at the end of December. I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty too! I'd like to tell you time makes it easiler, but for me its been almost 14 weeks and I cry every day and every night, it only becomes more painfully real to me that he not here each day that passes. Im so sick to. The doctor thought I might only have 5 years as of Dec 2009. By some miracle Im still here. I believe Dylan was my miracle keeping me here. Now that hes not here the headaches are more frequent and last for days and hurt worse than ever. I miss Dylan soo bad!! Im so sorry for the pain and grief your going thur too!
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I love the pictures, Dylan is a great looking dude!
How has your health been? Grief is physically and emotionally painful and you already have your hands full with so many added stressors I hope the pain has eased just a little. That’s all we can pray for,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0