IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
I let my 62 yr old mother on disability for COPD move in with my husband and I 2/12 years ago as she took Chantix to stop smoking and it made her argumentive with her neighbors  at her senior disabled complex cause they still smoked. The management at her complex warned her over and over to quit antagonizing people or they would have to evict her. So I let her move in with my husband and I before she could get herself evicted. When she moved in she came with her 2 cats, one of which was ill on and off with colds as she called it, but respiratory issues. And her cat was 15 at the time when they moved in. Her other cat was 4 and would attack her older cat to dominate  her  space, attention, and cat tree, food, toys ,ect. My mom never teached her not to do that and just let her be mean to her older cat. So when she moved in I told her it is of upmost importance  that her cats dont have contact with my cat as he is older 12 at the time they moved in and he has had a comprised  immune  system since birth, I dont want him having contact with your cat thats always sick or getting attacked by your younger aggressive cat that knows no better. She always  agreed  they would stay separated. She has 2 large rooms, a hallway, and bathroom as her and her cats space  which is separated by a hallway door to the living room, dinning room,and kitchen area that is where my cat is allowed along with our bedroom on the other side of the house. All the kittys had a similar amout of space to roam about, that was supposed  to be separated. Especially cause we paid 70% of the rent and this was our demand if she and her cats must move in with us. So over December as we went Christmas  shopping  we keep coming home to lots of extra poops in his litter box and her older cat left out in our living room. When asked about it, she said she didnt leave her out there, that she must of snuck out.  So this happened several times over December and every time we replaced  his litter so he wouldnt get sick. Christmas  eve we came home to the hall door that devides the cats wide open and both her cats out on his cat tree and him in our room real sick, he was fine and healthy when we left. She said as usual  they must have snuck and she didnt intentionly let them out or leave that door open. My 14 yr old kitty will eat plants and anything he finds on the floor and climb things to get to stuff to chew on. This is why he wasnt allowed  back there. She was drinking that night so I didnt confront  her till 2days  later when he was really sick and I was trying to figure out what happened to him. She says she doesnt even know the cats where out and they must of just snuck out right before we walked in and she must of not got that door closed all the way.  She said that never happens. So he went to the vet and they thought he had  pancreititus and they gave him fluids. and bloodtests and a urine test. I told the vets I thought he had a UTI and wanted them to give him antibiotics. But they wouldn't  usless something proved he had an infection. So they took an exray and ultrasound looking for blockages  and didnt find any. Also they didnt see an inflamed gi tract so they didnt feel he could of givin himself infections. So they continued  to treat for pancreatitis. He had IV fluid teatments for days and wasnt improving so they insisted  we put him to sleep cause he was so  sick. The day after we did this the urine test came back and it turned out he had a severe UTI from an extreme strain  of Ecoli that had mutated several times. When I asked the vet how he got this they said from other cats sharing his litter box. And the fact that he had a comprimised immune system due to having one smaller kindney than the other since birth. My mom says she never let her cats out  or use his litter box. But we found extra poops many times in December and walked in on her cats out and on his stuff Christmas eve and then he was suddenly ill. She says he was old and sick but that is not the case he was 14  and very healthy and running around  just fine right before we left that night. She wont take responsibility, insists  my cat was already sick, and  that she never lets her cats out. She has never apologized for what happened  to him as a result of letting her cats out and her door wide open on Christmas  eve.  Shes never given me any idea on what could have happened to him that night, just says she doesnt even know they were out there. It was agonizing watching him get so ill and have all these tests and treatments  to no aval and have him get sicker and sicker even with thousands of dollars of tests and still no answers or way to save him. It must have been horribly painful what he was going thur and awful having all these treatments and tests at the vets for days when it wasnt even fix what was wrong with him. I live with her but avoid her cause I feel like she did what ever she wanted with no care to my baby Dylan and thats why he got really ill and died. I dont know how to live with her in my house anymore.
Quote 0 0
Kittypiller
Im so sorry for your loss. Its very hard loosing our fur babies. Just know he is no longer in pain and is watching over you knowing you love & miss him as Im sure he does you to.
Quote 0 0
Light
IMISSMYBABYDYLAN wrote:
I let my 62 yr old mother on disability for COPD move in with my husband and I 2/12 years ago as she took Chantix to stop smoking and it made her argumentive with her neighbors  at her senior disabled complex cause they still smoked. The management at her complex warned her over and over to quit antagonizing people or they would have to evict her. So I let her move in with my husband and I before she could get herself evicted. When she moved in she came with her 2 cats, one of which was ill on and off with colds as she called it, but respiratory issues. And her cat was 15 at the time when they moved in. Her other cat was 4 and would attack her older cat to dominate  her  space, attention, and cat tree, food, toys ,ect. My mom never teached her not to do that and just let her be mean to her older cat. So when she moved in I told her it is of upmost importance  that her cats dont have contact with my cat as he is older 12 at the time they moved in and he has had a comprised  immune  system since birth, I dont want him having contact with your cat thats always sick or getting attacked by your younger aggressive cat that knows no better. She always  agreed  they would stay separated. She has 2 large rooms, a hallway, and bathroom as her and her cats space  which is separated by a hallway door to the living room, dinning room,and kitchen area that is where my cat is allowed along with our bedroom on the other side of the house. All the kittys had a similar amout of space to roam about, that was supposed  to be separated. Especially cause we paid 70% of the rent and this was our demand if she and her cats must move in with us. So over December as we went Christmas  shopping  we keep coming home to lots of extra poops in his litter box and her older cat left out in our living room. When asked about it, she said she didnt leave her out there, that she must of snuck out.  So this happened several times over December and every time we replaced  his litter so he wouldnt get sick. Christmas  eve we came home to the hall door that devides the cats wide open and both her cats out on his cat tree and him in our room real sick, he was fine and healthy when we left. She said as usual  they must have snuck and she didnt intentionly let them out or leave that door open. My 14 yr old kitty will eat plants and anything he finds on the floor and climb things to get to stuff to chew on. This is why he wasnt allowed  back there. She was drinking that night so I didnt confront  her till 2days  later when he was really sick and I was trying to figure out what happened to him. She says she doesnt even know the cats where out and they must of just snuck out right before we walked in and she must of not got that door closed all the way.  She said that never happens. So he went to the vet and they thought he had  pancreititus and they gave him fluids. and bloodtests and a urine test. I told the vets I thought he had a UTI and wanted them to give him antibiotics. But they wouldn't  usless something proved he had an infection. So they took an exray and ultrasound looking for blockages  and didnt find any. Also they didnt see an inflamed gi tract so they didnt feel he could of givin himself infections. So they continued  to treat for pancreatitis. He had IV fluid teatments for days and wasnt improving so they insisted  we put him to sleep cause he was so  sick. The day after we did this the urine test came back and it turned out he had a severe UTI from an extreme strain  of Ecoli that had mutated several times. When I asked the vet how he got this they said from other cats sharing his litter box. And the fact that he had a comprimised immune system due to having one smaller kindney than the other since birth. My mom says she never let her cats out  or use his litter box. But we found extra poops many times in December and walked in on her cats out and on his stuff Christmas eve and then he was suddenly ill. She says he was old and sick but that is not the case he was 14  and very healthy and running around  just fine right before we left that night. She wont take responsibility, insists  my cat was already sick, and  that she never lets her cats out. She has never apologized for what happened  to him as a result of letting her cats out and her door wide open on Christmas  eve.  Shes never given me any idea on what could have happened to him that night, just says she doesnt even know they were out there. It was agonizing watching him get so ill and have all these tests and treatments  to no aval and have him get sicker and sicker even with thousands of dollars of tests and still no answers or way to save him. It must have been horribly painful what he was going thur and awful having all these treatments and tests at the vets for days when it wasnt even fix what was wrong with him. I live with her but avoid her cause I feel like she did what ever she wanted with no care to my baby Dylan and thats why he got really ill and died. I dont know how to live with her in my house anymore.
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
NOT YELLING LOW VISION. HI, SO,SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO DYLAN IT IS SO DIFFICULT WHEN YOU WANTED TO HELP YOUR MOM. SURELY YOU NEVER EXPECTED THIS AND YOU,DID REPEATEDLY TELL YOUR MOM. WE CANNOT BE IN EVERY PLACE ALL AT ONE TIME. ALL OF US IN THIS HELPFUL FORUM ARE HERE TO LISTEN TO YOU. PLEASE TRY NOT TO BLAME YOURSELF. WHATEVER DECISION YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT YOUR MOM MUCH G THERE IS A PERSONAL DECISION.

MY NAME IS JOAN AND MY FEATHER BABY I LOST DECEMBER 28, 2017 IS SPARKY, A BEAUTIFUL COCKATIEL SMART AS A YOUNG CHILD.
HE WOULD HAVE BEEN 30 ON VALENTINES DAY OF 2018.I AM BESIDES MYSELF WITH GRIEF AND THE SAME EMOTIONS YOU ARE FEELING.
JOAN AND JIM SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY

Quote 0 0
IMISSMYBABYDYLAN
Thank you for your reply. I am so sorry about your bird. I cant even imagine how hard it must be for you when you've had you baby 30 years! My Dylan was with us since we got married 15 years ago. In a way he was even more of my soul mate than my husband, lol. I really love my husband, but Dylan loved me so unconditionally and we spent so much time together as I am a housewife and in 2010 diagnosed with a tumor in my sinus that makes me get horrible frequent headaches. Dylan was always by my side when I was sick. Now I feel so alone when im sick. I cant speak to my mom I stay in my room and cry all the time. Im trying not to hate her, but if she cant take responsibility and say sorry for what shes done I dont think I will ever be interested in a relationship with her. Its been 12wks and it seems the pain becomes worse each day as being without my Dylan becomes more real and I realize just how involved he was in everything I did.
Quote 0 0