My_MollyGirl11
Hi everyone. Let me first say I am sorry for any loss you may have had. My Molly was 11 years old. She was a mixed breed. We guess some chow (she had a purple tongue) some lab and some terrier. She looked like a border collie. About a week ago I noticed she was not as active as usual. But she is getting old and it was really hot and humid. She was under my bed instead of on it with me as usual. I figured it was cooler under there. I noticed she was not eating about a week ago. Of course as soon as I noticed, she started eating again. I again attributed it to her age and the horrible humidity. Sunday everything changed. She wouldn't come downstairs with me. (where ever i was Molly was.) I went down to get her some water as she looked weak and thirsty. I heard her moving and expected her to come into the room any second. She didn't. So I went up with water and she was laying at the top of the stairs. She tried to follow me but couldn't. This is when I noticed her tummy was getting bigger. I started calling animal hospitals. I did not have the money to bring her in and I begged them. I ended up spending a couple hours finding help. My sisters came thru as they always do. Molly walked to the car and into the vets office. You could see she was so weak. Well the worst news ever. She had a tumor on her spleen that was hemorrhaging. The only choice was to put her out of her misery as surgery would have only given her another 3 months. Those 3 months would include chemo. Besides not having the money, she would not have any quality of life. It was not a hard decision as I did not want her to suffer a minute longer, but it took all my strength to do it. You see Molly has seen me through some seriously rough times. My dad passed away 2 years ago and my husband walked away from me and my boys without looking back 5 months later. (we were married for 20 years) I have been so poor as my salary is not much. I lost the ability to feed my family, i cannot shop for anything - all I can do is keep the house and utilities going and that is a challenge. I had to turn in my car.. it goes on and on - But the one thing I always could count on is my Molly girl. Always happy to see me and tons of love no matter how bad life got. I do not know how to handle losing her. I will not get another dog until I know I can afford to get her help if she needs it. I do not want to feel that way again! This loss is almost worse than the rest - i know that sounds terrible but she was the one with me every second. She was my comfort and support. She was my BFF. I told her Grandpa would take care of her now and kissed her goodbye for the last time on July 22nd at 9 PM. That is when my heart broke.
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Michele - I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Molly. I read your story with tears in my eyes. The one thing that rang clear to me was that in spite of the financial difficulties, I felt a richness beyond monetary value.  I applaud you for how brave you were in making the decision to allow your Molly to go in peace and not suffer any longer than necessary. The gift you gave her is priceless--the gift of unconditional love. Yes, at some level I see you being very rich indeed--in the things that really matter at the end of the day. 

Grief is a hard thing and to lose someone like your precious Molly is especially hard because of all the other issues you need to deal with.You have come to the right place because everyone on this forum is going through the same agony and pain as you are and we understand---you are not alone. I wish I could say something magical to make it better but I do not know the words. Keep writing about your Molly. Keep writing your feelings here because it does help to express openly here--we are your shoulders to cry on--your hands to hold on to--and your ears/hearts to listen.

Take care Michele. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort. I will keep you and your family and your beloved Molly in my prayers.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 1 0
MyBabyX10
I feel your pain! I’m so sorry for your loss! We lost our little boy (Shih Tzu) also on July 22nd. I barely eat, the pain is so unbearable! He was only 19 months old, his own immune system attacked his brain/body 😢😢😢💔💔💔 I just don’t understand how this could happen early in his life. I,want you to know you are not alone. I cry, I’ve also screamed! I’ve sobbed up to the sky. Our home feels sad, empty, I never thought our home would feel this empty! I’m sorry!
DDS
Quote 0 0
Feeshee
Michelle, you are not alone in your pain.  Lost my cat Mitzi Sunday and my beloved dog Biggs a day later 7/23.  The shock is almost too much to bear.  They were my sole companions for many, many years.  Through some very tough times they were my constant support.  The house is so empty and foreign.  No longer feels like my home.  I'm devastated and don't know if I'll ever recover.  I want to leave but then remember I have to come back to the emptiness that only 3 days ago was a home where I was greeted with two sweet faces meeting me at the door.  Everywhere I look I imagine them there.  Memories flood through me and I can absolutely  hardly bear it.  I'm told time will make it better, but I honestly don't know if I can endure time passing.  I cried as I read what happened to your Molly.  May you find some comfort as the days pass.  I don't think I'll ever recover.  God bless their sweet souls and I pray their spirits continue to surround us.  

Teresa
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
My_MollyGirl11,
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I liked that you stated it "wasn't a hard decision, but took all my strength. " That's so perfect, because since my Rookie passed I just feel SO exhausted- but can't sleep. Your Molly sounds like an amazing girl- they're always willing to see us through so much, and they never complain or ask for anything in return. I wish I could say something to take your pain away, but I don't even know how to handle mine yet.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
My_MollyGirl11, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You gave your Molly the only thing she ever wanted, your love and care. The pain is going to be unbearable at times and you are going to be angry and in disbelief. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say to you to make you feel better. Only time will lessen the pain, and believe me sometimes it'll feel as if time is standing still. I pray for all of us.
Quote 0 0
My_MollyGirl11
MyBabyX10 wrote:
I feel your pain! I’m so sorry for your loss! We lost our little boy (Shih Tzu) also on July 22nd. I barely eat, the pain is so unbearable! He was only 19 months old, his own immune system attacked his brain/body 😢😢😢💔💔💔 I just don’t understand how this could happen early in his life. I,want you to know you are not alone. I cry, I’ve also screamed! I’ve sobbed up to the sky. Our home feels sad, empty, I never thought our home would feel this empty! I’m sorry!

What a horrible day for us both. I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a horrible story for you as well. I cried reading your story and pray for you and your baby. I cry everyday. I hate when I hear something and think "oh here comes Molly" then I realize that is not possible. My first meal without her broke my heart. (we would share my meals) I am very grateful for the 11 years she gave me. Truly an amazing dog. I am sure yours was too. God bless us and help us heal. I am here if you need to talk or write! Sending love to you. 
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
My_MollyGirl11
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Michele - I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Molly. I read your story with tears in my eyes. The one thing that rang clear to me was that in spite of the financial difficulties, I felt a richness beyond monetary value.  I applaud you for how brave you were in making the decision to allow your Molly to go in peace and not suffer any longer than necessary. The gift you gave her is priceless--the gift of unconditional love. Yes, at some level I see you being very rich indeed--in the things that really matter at the end of the day. 

Grief is a hard thing and to lose someone like your precious Molly is especially hard because of all the other issues you need to deal with.You have come to the right place because everyone on this forum is going through the same agony and pain as you are and we understand---you are not alone. I wish I could say something magical to make it better but I do not know the words. Keep writing about your Molly. Keep writing your feelings here because it does help to express openly here--we are your shoulders to cry on--your hands to hold on to--and your ears/hearts to listen.

Take care Michele. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort. I will keep you and your family and your beloved Molly in my prayers.

Denise, 
You made me feel so much love and comfort. It truly is agony. I can see you are a very special person. You do know the words. It may not take my pain away but you helped me tremendously. It is amazing the amount of guilt I felt at not having the money to help her. I was torn apart. Thankfully I have a super supportive family and they helped me. My 3 sisters are my backbone through all of this. But, they do not have a love for an animal that I did. They try to understand and see my pain but I do not believe they can understand as they have not had that connection. 
Molly was very special, she was known and loved by so many! My boys used to bring half the high school home with them as we lived very close. Molly would not let anyone by without some acknowledgement and some love. The wave of sadness about her traveled far. My boys friends even messaging me saying "OMG not Molly!" She really was so sweet, it was all love and lots of wet kisses. 

You are amazing. You are kind. You are a blessing. Brutus was a very lucky guy to have you for a mommy! 

Thank you, THank you, thank you!!! 

Michele (Molly's mommy)
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
My_MollyGirl11
Feeshee wrote:
Michelle, you are not alone in your pain.  Lost my cat Mitzi Sunday and my beloved dog Biggs a day later 7/23.  The shock is almost too much to bear.  They were my sole companions for many, many years.  Through some very tough times they were my constant support.  The house is so empty and foreign.  No longer feels like my home.  I'm devastated and don't know if I'll ever recover.  I want to leave but then remember I have to come back to the emptiness that only 3 days ago was a home where I was greeted with two sweet faces meeting me at the door.  Everywhere I look I imagine them there.  Memories flood through me and I can absolutely  hardly bear it.  I'm told time will make it better, but I honestly don't know if I can endure time passing.  I cried as I read what happened to your Molly.  May you find some comfort as the days pass.  I don't think I'll ever recover.  God bless their sweet souls and I pray their spirits continue to surround us.  

Teresa

Oh Teresa! I could not imagine the pain  you are in. To lose both so close. I am so very sorry for your loss. Everything you are describing is the same for me. But Teresa, we will go on and we will get stronger. I bet your babies would want you too. They would want you to be happy - eventually. I can be here for you if you need. We will get through this. I pray for us both and for our furbabies. You can message me anytime if you need. 
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
My_MollyGirl11
Rookiesmama wrote:
My_MollyGirl11,
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I liked that you stated it "wasn't a hard decision, but took all my strength. " That's so perfect, because since my Rookie passed I just feel SO exhausted- but can't sleep. Your Molly sounds like an amazing girl- they're always willing to see us through so much, and they never complain or ask for anything in return. I wish I could say something to take your pain away, but I don't even know how to handle mine yet.

Your response is so comforting. We will get thru this. I am so exhausted as well. There are no words. I don't think there is an amount of time that will help either. But we will learn to live with it and accept it. I am so very sorry for your loss of Rookie. Sounds like he was pretty amazing too. God bless you and Rookie. I will keep us all in my prayers. I am always here if you need to chat!
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
My_MollyGirl11
MAlcindor wrote:
My_MollyGirl11, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You gave your Molly the only thing she ever wanted, your love and care. The pain is going to be unbearable at times and you are going to be angry and in disbelief. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say to you to make you feel better. Only time will lessen the pain, and believe me sometimes it'll feel as if time is standing still. I pray for all of us.

Max and Bailey look so adorable. It rips my heart out. I am so sorry for your loss as well. I also will pray for all of us. God bless you and our babies in heaven. 
Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
MyBabyX10
My_MollyGirl11 wrote:

What a horrible day for us both. I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a horrible story for you as well. I cried reading your story and pray for you and your baby. I cry everyday. I hate when I hear something and think "oh here comes Molly" then I realize that is not possible. My first meal without her broke my heart. (we would share my meals) I am very grateful for the 11 years she gave me. Truly an amazing dog. I am sure yours was too. God bless us and help us heal. I am here if you need to talk or write! Sending love to you. 

Everything you said! Back at ya! 10 Folds! (((Hugs)))! My tears seem To dry up for Just a few short moments, than they come again and again! He loved us, his home and his backyard, including sticking his head out of the car window, he loved going to Lowe’s Home Improvement Store I can’t escape the pain! I want my little boy to know the impact he had on our lives! This pain sucks! 😢😢😢😢😢💔💔💔💔!
DDS
Quote 1 0
My_MollyGirl11

Well I am getting thru the days... I have her collar in my bed and jiggle it every now and then. It sounds like she is with me. Molly was so gentle. She would let me cry on her thru my tough times. We would have kissing wars, LOL i'd kiss her over and over then she would lick me (kinda yucky but it was Molly) like crazy. Molly would give you a high five, she would roll over. If she saw food in my hand (usually I just gave it to her) and had that "I want you to do a trick posture" she would come over lay down and roll over without me saying a word. I could toss food to her and she would catch it. She loved to play fetch but would never give the toy back to you - it was another game all together to get it back. You could see in her expression that she thought this was awesome! She would go out to do her business then come back in and run from the front door to the back of the house, across the whole sectional couch, sometimes more than once then stop and look at you like "yea I'm good that was awesome!" If I said to her "Molly want to come?" before I even showed we were going anywhere she would get all excited and wait by the door. My parents house was her favorite place to visit. Lots of fenced in land to run and wild life to chase. My parents had goats. When I brought Molly there the goats would all be in the farthest corner of the property all bunched together. (They were fenced in) It was so funny. God I miss her. Getting home from work is the hardest. She would always greet me so happy. Its going to take some time I know. I will get there. God bless us all and pray that we heal from our losses and honor our babies.

Michele Mazzamuto
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
My_Molly, I can see your girl running around the house, thank you for sharing!! My Rookie also loved going to my parent's house- he'd bark and bark as soon as we got off the freeway! And he NEVER went potty or greeted someone at the door without ball. He had so many different ones, but would pick a favorite and keep JUST that one for a week or two- the others wouldn't do. Gosh I miss him
Quote 0 0