Minismom
Yesterday I had to euthanize my beloved cat Mini.

It is now 4:30 AM it is  18 hours since I had to say goodbye.

I miss you my love, this darn apartment is so empty.  You were everywhere.  Your little bro CK misses you too.  I don't know how to handle this, it is so acute this pain this horrible horrible pain and emptiness. 

I don't even know what took you, I don't know what caused that nasty stuff to fill your little lungs so that you felt you were drowning.

I love you, this pain is too much.  There will be no Christmas here I just can't celebrate or feel happy when one of the things I love most is gone.  I can't write more for the tears in my eyes.  But I love you.

Carolyn who loves you

Quote 0 0
sopsad

Mini's Mom

We lost our Sophie, an Old English Sheepdog two weeks ago about right now. Ever heard the old Gospel song "It is well with my soul"? Well it's not completely yet, but it is well....

The following is what our vet read to Gail and I before we let her go to the Rainbow Bridge......

Sophie,

As we lay our hands upon you,

Before your final rest,

Our hearts surround to love you,

And thank you for your best.

Our home you watched and treasured,

Our lives you truly blessed.

Lessening now your burdens,

We tend your tired bones.

Let us be your pillow,

Then wings to take you home.

Listen for God’s calling,

Sweet promises of peace.

Old friend, leap to Heaven,

Suffering released!

It will get better and it will be well with your soul.

Mike

Quote 0 0
Minismom
thank you very much

this is so hard as I know you know

Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Carolyn,
Oh I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved baby Mini. I truely understand your heartache, we all do who have suffered through the loss of our babies. They take such a big piece of our hearts with them that can never be replaced.  Please stay with us and talk about your Mini, we all understand and I hope that you will receive some comfort and peace here. Take one day at a time, cry and grieve and I know that as each day goes by it will get just a bit better.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
mateobrown
Dear Carolyn,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mini.  I understand the deep pain you are experiencing and you are in my prayers tonight.  Do take the time to grieve this loss - it will help you heal.  Please know that Mini is watching you from above and wants you to try to remember all of the good times and love you have between each other. 

This forum helped me so much when I lost my beloved Ashley four years ago.  You will find comfort and support here so please continue to write.  The Monday night candlelighting ceremonies were so meaningful to me as I suffered through the loss of Ashley.  I cried so much each week but did find them to be of comfort.  It seems like you will never feel better again, but one tiny day at a time you will start to feel a little bit better.

Please take care of yourself!

Kim
Quote 0 0
Minismom
Thank You very much

One little orange tabby cat took so much of my heart this week.  The best emotion I have felt this week is numbness.  I had such wonderful times with my little buddy.  This is my first day alone since he left me.  My fiancee took the last three days off because he knew I needed someone there when those awful awful moments of crying and despair took over.  I really hated getting up every day this week, but at the same time when I tried to stay in bed I would get so sad I couldn't breathe.  Mini slept by me pretty much every night for 8 years.  Thanks for the nice words, and I will continue to write.  Talking about Mini helps.  Remembering what a sweet, funny little guy he was and will always be in my heart.

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Minismom,
I am so sorry for your loss. Mini was a much loved soul who gave you years of love and devotion. All of us here know the pain, the lonelinees, the void you are going thru. Today marks 3 months that I had to help Jasmine to The Bridge and it still hurts as much today as on 09-04-09. Tears are beginning to flow as I write this to you. Coming here has been a blessing. Here we express our sorrow, share our grief, no matter how long it takes us to get to return to the point of sanity.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Minismom. Stay strong.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Minismom
Thank You

Yes it helps to have a place where I can unreservedly express myself and my sadness.  This been a devastating week and I still see him everywhere.  When I feel up to it I will add a picture of my big, sweet, friendly, purrsonality plus orange tabby.  I still can't bring myself to look at a picture of him.  When I got a condolence card from the vet yesterday and then shortly after got a call saying his "ashes" were ready to be picked up I lost it.  I really really lost it, I cried til I couldn't breathe, I hit stuff, I screamed. I am a little better today. I have another sweet lil fur baby kitty who is wonderful in his own way but he was the follower.  He is a quiet, shy kitty who always waited for Mini to do something first,  hugging him helps me though.

I also found it helpful to donate to a no kill animal shelter.  Mini was almost a shelter kitty so I know he appreciates it in spirit.

Thank You  and thank you for your story Jasmine picture is very cute isn't it amazing what these furry little creature do to our hearts.

Carolyn Minismom

Thank You

Writing here helps me on this most horrible of weeks.

Quote 0 0
Princess
((Carolyn)) first let me say how very sorry I am for your loss.  I remember when I first came to this wonderful place in 2005, I had just lost my Princess on the 23rd of December, that was one horrible Christmas, we tried so hard.  And even now thru two more losses now I face another sad Christmas, I still look back and remember that day in 2005 when my heart was heavy like yours and I felt like there would never be another happy Christmas.  Now I will say this, you like me have another fur baby who understands and is grieving too, and it is ok to be sad and to feel like your heart is broken in half , this is the first step in healing, the grief we must wallow thru.
My friend even though it doesn't feel like it right now, I will say from experience that there will be happy Christmass' again for you and yours , they will always be a little less brighter but the love we share with our babies is simply so strong that with time the happiness they gave us does (most days) outway the sadness you feel now. 
During this Christmas I know you will shed your tears but try to be thankful for the life you shared I know you are and I know you will make it thru this. 
You are never alone
sending you hugs and continued prayers of healing
Debbie Princess, Kaizer and Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
Princess
Carolyn one more thing I want to thank you for donating to the shelter, I work with rescue and do everyone in honor of my Princess so from the bottom of every beautiful baby who deserves to be at home and be loved Thank YOU!!!!
Your baby is proud of you by the way you have chosen to honor the life of kitty.
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
Minismom
Thank You

Christmas will be very very low key this year.  I don't feel like celebrating much, but then I remember the fun Mini always had playing with bulbs from the tree and how much he loved sleeping under the tree.  This was my first Saturday morning in 8 years without him.  So I slept in a bit, then I got up and groomed my other little fellow.  He enjoyed it very much and I did too.  Things are very sad here but I am working hard to remember the good. 

I love giving money to shelters if I could no little animal would be without a  loving home.

Thank you very much

Carolyn and CK Dexter Haven the Cat

Quote 0 0
nhatminh61
I am so sorry for the loss of your Mini.  I understand the deep pain you are experiencing and you are in my prayers tonight.  Do take the time to grieve this loss - it will help you heal.  Please know that Mini is watching you from above and wants you to try to remember all of the good times and love you have between each other.  

-----------------------------------------------------

Free ringtones for android
Quote 0 0