Forum

Author   Comment  
Maxs_Daddy1

Reply with quote  #1 
I haven't posted to a forum or chat room since the early days of the Internet in the 1990s. I am not even on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I say this to qualify how devastated I am right now. 

Max, a 13 and a half year old rat terrier/angel, had to be put down yesterday. I knew he wasn't feeling like himself. I knew his appetite had lessened. I was going to mention all of this at his next check up, which was September 26. I thought he might be getting old. I did not know he had cancer.  

I had Max a few months before I got married in 2001. He has been my family for all those years. I feel overwhelmed at the depression and shock today. I started by writing him a letter. I thought it might help even though I would never admit I wrote the letter. I thought I might be alone in feeling this way, but was happy to find this site. 

I enjoyed reading the other posts. It made me feel better. I am glad I am not alone. I looked at the clock just now and saw that he was sleeping about 24-hours ago...

I hope the fields are gorgeous where you are and there are never any more afternoon thunderstorms (I know you hated those).

Thanks for all of you out there who had time to read this. Max and I appreciate it.

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Max's Daddy,
My heart goes out to you following the loss of your dear boy, Max.  I know the overwhelming feelings of grief that you are experiencing after losing a dearly loved member of your family.

You wrote : "I was the very proud father of Maximus, a black and white rat terrier, for more than 13 years until September 5, 2014"  
You still are the very proud father of Maximus and you always will be the very proud father of Maximus.  Max will always be a part of your family and your life.  Even though he has gone onto Rainbow Bridge, you are tied to him forever.  He owns a piece of your heart and you own a piece of his. 

Writing letters to our dearly loved companions is a great way to honour their memory and to help heal our hearts.  I write to my gorgeous beagle, Bella, quite regularly and it has helped me "voice" my thoughts and feelings and to "tell" her how deeply I love and miss her.  

I also hope there are no thunderstorms at Rainbow Bridge.  My Bellsy hated them too.  I am positive that Rainbow Bridge is only filled with wonderful things.  Our beautiful babies deserve nothing but joy and happiness to repay them for all of the hours of joy and happiness they gave us.  They are now receiving their reward.

You certainly are not alone....we all know your pain because we are living it too. Sure, some people do not understand the depth of grief that we are experiencing, but that is only because they have not been as fortunate as us.  They have not had a close bond with a companion like we have.  We are the lucky ones and as hard as it is to deal with this pain, we would not give up a second of the time we had with Max or Bella to take the pain away.  It is a price that we are prepared to pay for the wonderful relationship that we had. We are so privileged to have been chosen to be their families.

Hold your memories in your heart.  No-one and nothing can take those away. They are with you forever.  I wish you peace and healing.

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Maxs_Daddy1

Reply with quote  #3 
It took me some time to respond to this because my heart was overwhelmed. I am still Max's Daddy and I always will be. You are so right. 

Thank you for reminding me. Thank you so, so much.

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamum
Dear Max's Daddy,
My heart goes out to you following the loss of your dear boy, Max.  I know the overwhelming feelings of grief that you are experiencing after losing a dearly loved member of your family.

You wrote : "I was the very proud father of Maximus, a black and white rat terrier, for more than 13 years until September 5, 2014"  
You still are the very proud father of Maximus and you always will be the very proud father of Maximus.  Max will always be a part of your family and your life.  Even though he has gone onto Rainbow Bridge, you are tied to him forever.  He owns a piece of your heart and you own a piece of his. 

Writing letters to our dearly loved companions is a great way to honour their memory and to help heal our hearts.  I write to my gorgeous beagle, Bella, quite regularly and it has helped me "voice" my thoughts and feelings and to "tell" her how deeply I love and miss her.  

I also hope there are no thunderstorms at Rainbow Bridge.  My Bellsy hated them too.  I am positive that Rainbow Bridge is only filled with wonderful things.  Our beautiful babies deserve nothing but joy and happiness to repay them for all of the hours of joy and happiness they gave us.  They are now receiving their reward.

You certainly are not alone....we all know your pain because we are living it too. Sure, some people do not understand the depth of grief that we are experiencing, but that is only because they have not been as fortunate as us.  They have not had a close bond with a companion like we have.  We are the lucky ones and as hard as it is to deal with this pain, we would not give up a second of the time we had with Max or Bella to take the pain away.  It is a price that we are prepared to pay for the wonderful relationship that we had. We are so privileged to have been chosen to be their families.

Hold your memories in your heart.  No-one and nothing can take those away. They are with you forever.  I wish you peace and healing.

We lost our Beautiful Big Girl from cancer of the spleen yesterday. It only took 4 days to weaken her to the point that we had to let her go rather than have her suffer- and the shock we are experiencing is the Worst I have Ever had, even though I have had G Shepherds for 40 years & have lost my parents! HOW could this happen So Fast?? Can't Science do Anything about this awful disease?
Blackhole

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Bellamum- I want to Thank You for your sentiments regarding what sacrifices we are willing to make for the Wonderful, Unconditional Loving Relationship we special humans have with our Beloved Pets!! We just lost our Big Baby yesterday to Cancer, & your response has helped me feel more able to cope! God Bless!!
We lost our Beautiful Big Girl from cancer of the spleen yesterday. It only took 4 days to weaken her to the point that we had to let her go rather than have her suffer- and the shock we are experiencing is the Worst I have Ever had, even though I have had G Shepherds for 40 years & have lost my parents! HOW could this happen So Fast?? Can't Science do Anything about this awful disease?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.