Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 33     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
RileysMom

Reply with quote  #76 
Silvia,

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kindness on my thread. I have to say, when you post, whether here or elsewhere, I always find myself listening and reading quietly what you say. I don’t always have the words to say something meaningful back, but I appreciate your posts and the kindness you show to many here. I know losing Max was not easy, obviously, but it shows well that you’re trying to deal with it in a healthy manner. You have much strength and I hope for it to continue to see you through this time.

Many hugs and kind thoughts...

catiebee

Reply with quote  #77 
Silvia, I echo Val's thanks to you for all your kind words of support. You've been so thoughtful and I appreciate you!

Oh my goodness, that face!! Thanks so much for posting that latest photo. He is a hoot!

I used to often tell Marissa that she was full of dogliness, full to the brim and overflowing. I'm certain your Max was, too, and apparently full of mudliness, as well. lol. (I don't know why but I always make up words.)

What a wonderful thing, that you have been married for 40 years! That is outstanding and to read of this makes me smile.

I so hope the cold gets tired of you and turns you loose. Reallllly hope you feel much better soon.

Hope you are having the best week possible and that you have much peace and comfort, Silvia.

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebee
Silvia, I echo Val's thanks to you for all your kind words of support. You've been so thoughtful and I appreciate you!

Oh my goodness, that face!! Thanks so much for posting that latest photo. He is a hoot!

I used to often tell Marissa that she was full of dogliness, full to the brim and overflowing. I'm certain your Max was, too, and apparently full of mudliness, as well. lol. (I don't know why but I always make up words.)

What a wonderful thing, that you have been married for 40 years! That is outstanding and to read of this makes me smile.

I so hope the cold gets tired of you and turns you loose. Reallllly hope you feel much better soon.

Hope you are having the best week possible and that you have much peace and comfort, Silvia.

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #79 
SILVIA HAVE YOU EVER TRIED "LAKEROL " DROPS. THEY ARE A TASTE LITTLE COUGH OR COLD DTOP ON GREAT SOOTHING FLAVORS. WE LIKE MENTHOL LICORICE. BUT A VSRIETY, ALL SUGAR FREE AND OPEN UP YOUR BREATHING TOO. GOOGLE THEM. LAKEROL. MADE IN SWEDEN BUT EVERYONE HAD THEM ON LINE.
FEEL BETTER
FRIENDS
JOAN AND JIM SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY
Purzel

Reply with quote  #80 
Val, thank you for visiting and comforting me. I feel the same about you and even we met here under circumstances none of us ever wanted I love to read your posts as well as they are so meaningful, thoughtful and comforting for me and many others.

In my eyes it is the quality that makes life meaningful and worth living. You are exactly right in asuming that it is a very fine line trying to find that point where life switches from quality to quantity which means borroring time without any hope to ever return back to quality again. The difficult part with Max was that he did not really talk much about his health issues and I therefore found it extremely difficult to sense how Max really felt in his last month. I knew he did not feel well and he did not recover from this not feeling well. How bad he really felt I will most probabely never know. What bothered me alot and where I felt truly helpless was the mere fact that I could only guess and act accordingly doing my best to comfort him and help him along. I am quite sure that he wanted to stay with us forever but he just could not because he was simply worn out, kinda like a candle that had burnt down and even tho you are trying everything you possibly can to have it burn on it will just be in vain. 

Maybe my constand returning to Max' last month and how things were is necessary to make me fully undersand just that.

Many hugs and good wishes to you.

[hundi]

Purzel

Reply with quote  #81 
Catie,
So nice to have you visit again and thank you so much for your words. You know how much I appreciate you and your words of comfort you so readily give to me and others. Your belief to have to go through the grieving process and not swallow down the emotional pain that it brings actually gave me the strength to write about my feelings the way I do and did. And yep, it feels good to do so. Slowly slowly do I come to terms and see the healing.

Oh yes, that face! Max had a very beautiful sweet face and you could not restist when he put on this very special face when he wanted a piece of banana or when he wanted to play. It was impossible to restist.  He could look at you for hours on end, something that dogs dont really do. I think you can imagine how much I miss holding that sweet face and kissing him. I loved to cuddle his ears as they were so so soft. I like the way you make up words and they should have their special place in the Webster dictionary, lol.

The beginning of spring today and we are in winter with a very nice snow, kinda like powdered sugar. Max would have loved it. You cant imagine how much he loved snow. He would dig into it and go nutz with the snow.

A picture of him where everyone can clearly see his pure joy with that white stuff:
snow.jpg 

In our good ole days I would hide a treat in a hudge ball of snow and let him go at it. He loved this and so did I.

Many hugs to you

[hundi]

Purzel

Reply with quote  #82 
Hi Joan,

My cold is still with me but very much better. I still feel I am exhausted more quickly. No, I never tried Lakerol Drops but googled them. We dont have them here but I use similar ones with the same ingredience. Thank you very much for your kind suggestion.

Hugs

[hundi]

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #83 
Amazon has them. And I think. Wakmart.com they are not sold in stores. ARE YOU ON AN ANTIBIODIC? A WARM STEAM VAPORIZER ALWAYS HELPS. FEEL BETTER SOON AND REST.

HUGS
JOAN SPARKY'S MOMMY
MyBella

Reply with quote  #84 
The beginning of spring today and we are in winter with a very nice snow, kinda like powdered sugar. Max would have loved it. You cant imagine how much he loved snow. He would dig into it and go nutz with the snow.

A picture of him where everyone can clearly see his pure joy with that white stuff:
snow.jpg 

In our good ole days I would hide a treat in a hudge ball of snow and let him go at it. He loved this and so did I.

Dear Silvia,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your handsome Max, such a beautiful boy with a sweet face, I can see how loving your Max would be so easy.
You mentioned how difficult it is to focus on your daily routine without your sweet boy with you. I found this to be the hardest adjustment, my little girl and I, like with you and Max, did everything together, where I went, she went and vice versa, our days were full of adventures, I couldn't wait to wake up to see what she was going to do that day, and she never failed me when it came to making me laugh.
The emptiness left behind is the hardest thing we have to adjust to and of course this makes our hearts break even more.
I absolutely LOVE this photo of your Max rolling around in the snow, oh how happy is Max, he loves the snow as you mentioned, what a great photo, thank you so much for sharing this photo with us here.
I laughed out loud with the story about how Max ran into the neighbor's house and came out with a shoe, the neighbor chasing after your sweet boy, your Max with such puppy innocence and a bit of puppy curiosity in "stealing" that neighbors shoe...too funny. The photos you posted there are so adorable, your Max is one handsome boy.

Silvia, those fun adventures and funny moments are the ones that your Max wants you to hold close, those moments that Max made you laugh are the moments that are going to help your heart mend, your heart may never heal completely, but each time you remember and share those fun stories of your sweet Max, I bet your heart will feel the warmth of his loving and gentle soft spirit each and every time.
I also love to write about and share with everyone here the fun adventures I was so lucky to have with my sweet little girl, and there are so, so many, she never failed me with her sense of humor or adventure.

I wish for your heart to always know and feel the pure light and love that is your handsome Max, may you always feel the warmth and love of his gentle paws embrace your heart each and every time you think of your sweet boy.

Sending our most positive healing thoughts your way.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella

snow.jpg 

Dear Silvia,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your handsome Max, such a beautiful boy with a sweet face, I can see how loving your Max would be so easy.
You mentioned how difficult it is to focus on your daily routine without your sweet boy with you. I found this to be the hardest adjustment, my little girl and I, like with you and Max, did everything together, where I went, she went and vice versa, our days were full of adventures, I couldn't wait to wake up to see what she was going to do that day, and she never failed me when it came to making me laugh.
The emptiness left behind is the hardest thing we have to adjust to and of course this makes our hearts break even more.
I absolutely LOVE this photo of your Max rolling around in the snow, oh how happy is Max, he loves the snow as you mentioned, what a great photo, thank you so much for sharing this photo with us here.
I laughed out loud with the story about how Max ran into the neighbor's house and came out with a shoe, the neighbor chasing after your sweet boy, your Max with such puppy innocence and a bit of puppy curiosity in "stealing" that neighbors shoe...too funny. The photos you posted there are so adorable, your Max is one handsome boy.

Silvia, those fun adventures and funny moments are the ones that your Max wants you to hold close, those moments that Max made you laugh are the moments that are going to help your heart mend, your heart may never heal completely, but each time you remember and share those fun stories of your sweet Max, I bet your heart will feel the warmth of his loving and gentle soft spirit each and every time.
I also love to write about and share with everyone here the fun adventures I was so lucky to have with my sweet little girl, and there are so, so many, she never failed me with her sense of humor or adventure.

I wish for your heart to always know and feel the pure light and love that is your handsome Max, may you always feel the warmth and love of his gentle paws embrace your heart each and every time you think of your sweet boy.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:

snow.jpg 

Dear Silvia,

Sincerely, Don & Vera
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:

snow.jpg 

Dear Silvia,

Sincerely, Don & Vera
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purzel
Catie,
So nice to have you visit again and thank you so much for your words. You know how much I appreciate you and your words of comfort you so readily give to me and others. Your belief to have to go through the grieving process and not swallow down the emotional pain that it brings actually gave me the strength to write about my feelings the way I do and did. And yep, it feels good to do so. Slowly slowly do I come to terms and see the healing.

Oh yes, that face! Max had a very beautiful sweet face and you could not restist when he put on this very special face when he wanted a piece of banana or when he wanted to play. It was impossible to restist.  He could look at you for hours on end, something that dogs dont really do. I think you can imagine how much I miss holding that sweet face and kissing him. I loved to cuddle his ears as they were so so soft. I like the way you make up words and they should have their special place in the Webster dictionary, lol.

snow.jpg 

Many hugs to you

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:

snow.jpg 

Dear Silvia,

Sincerely, Don & Vera
ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #90 
Hi Silvia,

Love the picture of Max in the snow.  You can tell he absolutely loved it.  Just as you were blessed to Max in your life, he was definitely blessed to have found someone as warm, loving, and caring as yourself to be his human companion.  I have no doubt you complimented each other beautifully.  I'm really sorry your cold is hanging on.  How miserable.  I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.  I'm sorry I don't get on the forum as often as I would like to, but my time is just so limited.  I get the posts on my phone though so I do get to read new updates.  Just so you know, I thoroughly enjoy reading about Max's antics and seeing his pictures.  It definitely makes my day.  Take care of yourself, receive the virtual hugs I am sending, and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Oh, and I realized I didn't explain about the HOA Board.  So HOA stands for Homeowner's Association.  I live in a townhome community of 72 units.  The Board runs the HOA and works to make sure the best interest of the home owners is being upheld.  We've had the same Board of Directors for over 5 years and they were awful people.  They did some really awful and underhanded things in my community.  I ran because I wanted to make a difference and can't believe I won a seat in the election.  In fact my friends and I replaced all 5 previous Board members.  It was poetic justice.  But it is a big job and very time consuming.  I think I mentioned staying busy is my way of coping...

Take care,

Marina

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.