Forum

Author   Comment   Page 30 of 31     «   Prev   27   28   29   30   31   Next
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #436 

Dearest Silvia - one of the few good things of losing Scooter has been getting to know you - as best as someone can get to know another on an online forum. And one thing I know for sure - you were a wonderful Mom to Max, and I continue to enjoy (and relate to, laugh about, and sometimes sob to) your amazing writing! I know I am posting this one day ahead of time, but I do not have internet access yet at my new home (that will be this Saturday afternoon)...however I wanted to post as close as possible to your one year angel-versary for Max. I do hope you get many words of comfort here and from other friends. Gosh, that one year mark. You have worked hard through your grieving, have not run from that and thus you are very brave. I enjoy our mutual love of sweet potato bread (so glad to get you that recipe) and finding other things to help ease the pain of grieving what are our best friends in many ways. I look forward to seeing what 2019 has in store for us both! (And many others here).

Much love,
Melissa

Purzel

Reply with quote  #437 

My sweet Max,

Today is your angelversary, January 3rd last year you left this earth at 7.20 p.m.

A song came into my mind that describes quite perfectly how I felt when you came into my life:

“….The moment I met you, I swear
I felt as if something, somewhere
Had happened to me
which I couldn't see.
And then, the moment I met you, again
I knew in my heart
that we were friends.
It had to be so
it couldn't be no.
But try as hard as I might do
I don't know why.
You get to me in a way
I can't describe.
Words mean so little
when you look up and smile....“

I can remember the moment you exploded into my heart so clearly as I felt it physically and it was sensational. I knew then and there that I would protect you forever from all odds – unfortunately I did oversee that I could not protect you from old age and a life span that was just natural for you and all of a sudden – so it seemed – you were much older than me.

Ever so often did our last month together pass my mind during this year. You spent Christmas with us and we all knew somehow that you were getting ready to leave us forever so we all tried our very best to make it the best Christmas ever. And so it was.

Husband went back to work and you decided that now was the best time to go. I did not know it was gonna be that day but you did make it very clear in the evening that we should not wait any longer and free your beautiful soul from your old and frail shell.

The moment you left I imagined you to run over a sausage bridge towards a gigantic bowl of spaghetti in meat sauce topped with cheese – your tongue was hanging out as you nearly flew over that bridge. It made me smile and everything seemed perfectly ok that moment.

There is no way I will ever forget you because you live in my heart – sometimes you wag your tail and it hurts a bit.

I thank you that you came into my life and it seems to me that The High Spirit had mercy on me by blessing me with such a gift of pure love. You gifted me with the wisdom on how to live a life filled with joy and laughter each and every day you were here. Because of you I do have a clue now what paradise really means.

My wish is to live up to your wisdom but I also have to ask your forgiveness as I am just a humble human, impatient and not really made for a life in the here and now. Too often do I get lost in the past or ponder the future. But I am trying.

And, so I remember, ... there was snow for you in December....this lovely cold white stuff you loved to enjoy yourself with. I hope there is tons of snow in Rainbowland for you
wintermax1.jpg   wintermax2.jpg 
I love you and I miss you

[hundi]

Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #438 
Sylvia
Max in the snow! That guy loved getting into mud even if he had to go through the snow. How precious.
The 3rd will always be a reminder of how much of a never ending bond you had with your precious Max.
Hugs 🤗

Reply with quote  #439 
Dear Silvia,

I send my warmest wishes for such peace, love and healing to find your wonderful heart on this day, one year since your handsome Max had to leave.
Your letter to Max is so beautiful, so touching and so heartfelt, I not only feel the love you have for your Max, but your deep admiration for him with the way he filled your days with joy and laughter, such a wonderful boy, one who never failed in teaching you so much about life, how absolutely beautiful is that Silvia....

The photos you posted of Max rolling in the snow, oh my goodness Silvia, look how happy he is, you are the reason for these great photos and his happiness,  you provided a great life for Max by letting him be who is truly is, by letting him explore the outdoors and by never holding him back, while he not only taught you the ways of a great life, you allowed him to pass on his wisdom. Isn't it amazing how we thought we were the teachers and they were the ones learning, when it really was the other way around. As for that big bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese, I bet you there are some nice cold snow balls on top for Max to chew on as well.

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful photos of your Max, I really enjoy seeing him and learning about his wonderful personality. Thank you for your friendship and support, I don't have words enough to tell you how much I appreciate you and the wonderful words you write.

I post this candle in honour of your handsome Max and his one year, I thought a pear shaped candle made sense as your Max loves his pears, I am also leaving a big basket of pears for Max to share with all his friends.

Image result for burning pear shaped candles photos     Image result for bushel of max pears photos

May you always feel the beautiful love and light that is your handsome Max, bringing with his love, the peace, healing and wonderful memories that help your heart mend.
Your Friend Always, Don
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #440 
Oh Silvia, what a beautiful, poignant post for your Max on this day, so lovely. The last two lines of the song 'Words mean so little
when you look up and smile....“'   so true.

Your description of Max running over a sausage bridge, well, who else could describe it in such a way except you. I got this image of big old Max, hauling it as fast as he could go, heading for that big bowl of spaghetti, what a beautiful and funny way to create that image, it's perfect! I do believe as you said, we each were blessed with these beautiful souls, how else could it have happened so many times to so many of us. 

Yes, it is so true Silvia, we humble humans just cannot live in that moment as easily as our angels, but we can try. Your words are so true, each and every one. You honor your Max with these words and bless us by sharing them here, on this day. 

When I see pictures of Max, the word 'huggable' comes to my mind. He just looks like a big, lovable bear. The pictures in the snow, oh my how he is enjoying himself, again just being in that moment, I am so jealous of them, what a wonderful way to live.

Thank you again for sharing this moment with us, you have all my prayers for peace and comfort today, for happier remembrances of that wonderful gift called MAX. Blessings to you my dear friend.

Reply with quote  #441 
Dearest Silvia...

On such a day. *sigh*  Such a day as this. I don't have words of wisdom. No insights to add.

All I can do is appreciate your words, the love you and Max have shared and bring my own heart to the table, that beats, "Yes, I know."  I honor your love and your 365 days of change, of trying to adjust, of pain and of seeking ways to press on in life.

You are a brave and tender warrior.

I am so, so sorry, sweet friend. Loads of love and hugs to you on this day. May comfort blanket your soul.

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #442 
Dearest Silvia,

I didn't get to respond to your beautiful letter to Max on his angelversary yesterday.  I just returned to work and was busy putting out many fires and drama.  I refuse to let today go by without telling you what a beautiful letter it was and that it moved me to tears.  I wish that I could express myself in words the way that you can.  You painted a beautiful picture and of course made me smile when you described how you pictured Max's trip over the Rainbow "Sausage" Bridge.  I also cannot put into words the sorrow I feel about the loss of Max.  I understand what a special fur baby he was.  I hesitate to label him a "dog" because he was so much more than that and always will be.  I understand how he landed in your heart and will forever reside there.  Melissa (MissingScooty) described that the best part of the loss she experienced was finding you as a friend.  I wholeheartedly agree that the only positive thing about this horrible loss we have experienced is finding one another to lean on and to share with.  Although I have never met you face to face, I feel so close to you and to Max.  You have shared so much of your lives together with us here on the forum, and for that I am blessed.  Reading your posts and seeing Max's life in pictures has brought me warmth and laughter on many days when it would seem there is none to be found.  Thank you for that.  And thank you for sharing the wonderful and charming Max.  Many, many hugs to you.  I didn't realize Max passed away so close to the first day of the year.  What an awful way to start the year.  May 2019 bring you better days ahead. 

Much love, warmth, hugs, Spree, and all of the things that bring comfort to your heart and soul,

Marina 

Reply with quote  #443 
Silvia - (beautiful name),

Max will forever stay secured in your heart.  Like always your writing, really touched my heart.... and tears were abundant.  But, this is part of this grief.... memories can be painfully beautiful - I know, we all know.  You gave your sweet beautiful Max a life full of wonders.  One can easily "feel" his joy, his happiness whether in taking a mud bath or making snow angels. Thank you for sharing Max with us, thank you for taking us along with your beautiful writing about Max.  

**I feel honored to share - the name Silvia, "The Woman From The Forest".**
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #444 
*Max and the Woman of the Forest*
Just as the love story will never end in your heart it should never end in your writing. He is an inspiration, a gift to be shared and your gift of writing is the instrument Silvia.
You have drawn us into the magical life shared with Max. It’s encompassed seasons of wonder rich in nature seen through your eyes filled with such love and joy. Captured so expressively in vivid pictures. Thank you
Our year has passed. When I first came here and would read of someone else’s year the thought of it was beyond my comprehension. Trying to deal with the burning raw edged of loss was all I could do. But it’s us now, my friend, and we still breathe.
Thank you for the helping hand you’ve extended many times, I think I’ll hold it a little while longer
I hope your fireworks were a brilliant burst of colors shooting high,,,,,

Reply with quote  #445 
I saw this and thought of your last post🐾,,,,,

Attached Images
jpeg 290F8C74-374C-4A39-AD21-4CFE0E11DCF6.jpeg (371.56 KB, 13 views)

Sil

Reply with quote  #446 
Silvia - "The Woman From The Forest",

Thank you for visiting my beloved Sol's thread.  Hoping that you had great fun lighting up firecrackers during New Year.  From "one woman of the forest to another woman of the forest", Thank you for your writing, your vivid pictures and for your sweet Max.
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #447 
Thanks for your kind words on my post. It seems me moving has taken up much time and energy, and I so miss my friends here. We got some snow too...and then much ice on top of it. Not fun! As I just wrote on Catie's thread, I am making blueberry bread right now and thinking of you and her. Let's all have a virtual cake and tea or coffee together? Yummm!
You Max is so photogenic - I so enjoy the photos you post, and the videos. I hope you are finding good ways to care for yourself.

Love,
Melissa

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #448 
Silvia,
I am sorry I missed the Anniversary of your beloved Max. I just love the pictures of him in the snow. Rookie only got to go in snow once, although it was more like hard ice....I don't really think he was a fan. 😂 I just need to let you know I am immensely grateful for all your kind words and support- through your own heartbreak over Max you've continually given of yourself to help me. Max was one lucky boy to have you!! Take care. 💓
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #449 
Hi Silvia,
I want to join everyone here in letting you know how very special Max is and how much I’ve enjoyed getting to know him through your wonderful posts. I’m so sorry I missed his Angelversary. I hope that January 3 was okay for you Silvia. I can relate to how it brings back the darker memories of a time we never wanted to arrive: having to say good bye (for now) to our beautiful friends.
I loved reading through your song and your beautiful words to your beloved boy! ❤️ It was wonderful that Max stayed to share one last Christmas! You made it so special because your perception was right about it being the last. Now you will always have those amazing memories to bring peace to your heart.

I think that Max has been enjoying his spaghetti and meat sauce topped with cheese and likely lots of other delicacies found only over the bridge. 🌈 I think he has also found, and is busy playing in, lots and lots of cold and fluffy snow with his new friends. Your pictures of your boy are beautiful ~ as always!

Hugs my friend! 🤗

MJ (& Charlie & forvever Bailey)

Attached Images
jpeg E2E305DC-EF0C-4DEA-8A6C-EBCDB9503330.jpeg (18.95 KB, 2 views)

CKMP

Reply with quote  #450 
Silvia,

So much time seems to have slipped by - and I am so so sorry for missing the significance of the 3rd of January.  There is snow for your dear Max - and where paws never get cold, the snow is always soft and fluffy and there is always an open field for rolling and making snow angel dogs!  There is always a warm fireplace, a cozy bed and of course treats galore!  Meatballs, and pears in such abundance...and no weight gain!!  And of course too, lots of friends to share with, snuggle with and chase through that snow...
Grief is a heavier companion than our fur ones ever were or ever could have been...It wanders along life now with us and at times it seems to be our only 'friend' - It leaves us lonely for what we once were when we shared each day with our fur one...And it can make memories sharp and stinging while at the same time welcome, familiar and warming...It can bring tears quickly out of nowhere and nothing but also bring a smile...Follow those words sent by Lynn - for indeed your Max is just 'around the corner', just a 'heartbeat away' and forever within earshot of his Mom.  Our fur ones are the 'wise ones' - living each day fully as they are secure within the love they give and they receive...and Max still feels that love and knows forever he is secure within the heart of his Mom...May each day bring you a Max moment Silvia...Hugs 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.