MattiesMom10
Hello Mattie, It has been 8 weeks and 5 days since you left me but seems like a life time. I miss you so very much. Life is just not the same with out you. I come home and your not looking out the window, I sit on the couch in the evening and your not laying in your spot, I go to bed and your not there. As you know I sleep with your pillow each and every night. I even cut a piece of your blanket and keep it in my purse and carry it with me every where I go so I have you with me. It just so hard to not having you here with me. I have your collar hanging from the mirror in the car as that was one of your favorite places to be, with the window down enough for you to stick your nose out of it. I got some Halloween decorations out for Brianna the other day and your costumes were the first thing I found then there was your picture when you dressed up as the princess that you are. I took a drive to the lake to sit and think and thought it would bring comfort to me knowing how much you enjoyed the water but, the lake is just not the same with out you. You are my better half Mattie and I always told you that, just so hard not have you with me. I got your sign on your birthday, as I picked up grandma there was a lady walking her baby and when I pulled into grandmas her baby pulled her to the car. He jumped up on me and began to lick me in the face, then grabbing his leash in his mouth and shaking it just like you used to do to me. As his owner appoligized to me I explained to her no worries and, told her how much her boy reminded me of you. As his owner pulled him away and began to walk down the street I relized that was your spirit telling me look mommy I don't hurt no more and I am ok, for a brief moment I had the bigest smile on my face since you left me. I know you no longer hurt and are running free, you have your endless bowl of food, and can swim all you want. I sure do wish with all my heart I could just reach up and touch and pet you again. You are so miss my Mattie girl. I have been attending the Monday night candle light ceremoneys since you left and visit the sight daily. Now I know how to post so along with me talking to you daily I will be writing to you as well. There is not a day that goes by that I don't pick up your picture and just hold it and tell you how much I love and miss you. I am sitting her crying and trying to to type as you know how much I love you and how hard life has been since you left me. I could sit and tell story after story but I should let you go and play, so for now my dear Ms. Mattie know your momma misses you and you have forever left a paw print on my heart.
Woof and Wags to you my girl
Love you to the moon and back Mattie girl <3 1408028864789.jpg      
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
jackson64
Thinking of you and your sweet baby. Its been exactly eight weeks today, and I still feel so much pain over the loss of my Jack. Its windy today and I can just see him as we would go outside, he would put his nose in the air, ears blowing back. That is my memory today. I smile, though tears swell in my eyes. Sometimes I just say to myself, ok good boy, youve been gone long enough, time to come home. Sorry, just having a bad day.  Hugs to you and everyone here!!!  Thanks for listening. Play with your nose in the air today Sweet Boy...I love you
Tricia
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Thank you for the kind words, as this too is was one of Mattie's favorite times of the year. My thought and prayer go to you as well, as I know all to well how hard the loss of our furbabys are. As you said it is windy and the leaves are changing I can see her laying in a pile of leaves. Knowing there are people such as you who offer kind words and share there story's help a lot. God Bless you and Jack. Mattie and Jack are running around right now with there nose's in the air letting the wind just blow there fur around. Smiles and Hugs to you.
Love you to the moon and back Mattie girl <3 664442_4126204907325_823325798_o.jpg 
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Well baby girl I have made it through another day, there never easy. I hope you had a fun filled day with all your friends. As bed time is near I have your pillow and your favorite sheet ready for your momma to try to get some rest. Gosh Mattie Girl how I miss you. As you know I talk to you everyday and now will be writing to you as well. You really kept me grounded, sometimes I feel as if I have no connections with anything since you made your journey. Know your momma loves and misses you so very much. <3
Love you to the moon and back Mattie girl
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Katel
Susan ...  those photos of Mattie are adorable.  Thanks for posting them, I like to see the other babies who are playing with mine over the bridge. Im so glad you got a sign from
Mattie like that.   I can imagine how wonderful it felt.  I'm sorry you're going through this
heartache and i know what it's like as i am too as is everyone here.   You're not alone, we all
understand. Hugs.

Blessings,
Kate
Quote 0 0
Lana
Hi MattiesMom,

I just read your post and your loss reminds me of what I went through in November when I lost my Maggie.  I want you to know that Mattie will always be your forever dog and you will always carry her in your heart but in time, it does get easier.  It takes time and there are still days when the hurt feels like it was just yesterday but I can tell you that after a while, it won't be the first thing you think about when you wake up, it will become the 2nd and then the 3rd.... 

Your story of Mattie brought me to tears as I know far to well how you are feeling.  I am sorry you are going through this and there is not a lot anyone can say..... I just want you to know that even though you will always miss Mattie, the everyday hurt will eventually subside.  I still say "good morning" to my Maggie everyday and smile at the memory of some of the crazy things she used to do.  I will never forget her and will love her always, just as you will Mattie.

I'll be thinking of you.

Lana

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Thank you Lana and Kate for the kind words. I hope in time it gets easier, and you are right Lana she is my forever dog :) even thought she is not here with me physically her spirit lives on with me and in my home :) Everyone with the rainbow bridge has gone through such a terrible loss, and I know everyone on here are so very caring and such good people. Everyone can have a pet but, not everyone gives there life for there fur baby's. I am blesses to have found this group of wonderful people :))
Everyone have a wonderful Sunday and God Bless all
Thank-you again
Susan
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
loft2111
I know how you are feeling, losing Little Man 2 weeks and 3 days ago has been a challenge to deal with.  Mattie is so cute, there is something about Labs that make them so human, it's the look in the their eyes.  I'm sure she is happy and running around pain free and having a great time with all of our furbabies.
Take care
Little Man's mom
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Thank you Little Mans Mom :) Yes there is a so real connection with Labs :) I have had other fur babys in my life but, never a lab or have the wonderful experience of picking out that special baby at 3 weeks old, then watching and waiting on the day to bring her home. She brought nothing but joy into my life. She truly keep me grounded and taught me to be a better person through the years. After I left my job 3 years ago to stay home and care for her, that was the least I could do after all the.caring she did for me. I think it has however made it harder cause I was with her 24/7 365 days for the last 3 years of her life. I know she will be waiting for me when the time comes and it will be the best day ever when I get to touch her again. I so am blessed to have found the Rainbow Bridge for everyone is so caring and so nice. I think she directed me her so I can talk with         others going through the pain I am. God Bless all of you and I am praying for all of you as I know you feel my pain. Thank you all again. :)
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Your pictures are adorable.  And you are right, this is the best place to be. Everyone here feels your pain.  Your Mattie is beautiful.  I love when people get signs, I feel I have had a few from my Dali.  Also, the term "forever dog" has such meaning to me.  I have had many pets in my life, but only ONE forever dog, a part of me.  When she left, she took my heart and my reason with her.  I have spent three weeks totally at a loss for life, crying, missing her, calling her, anything to feel closer.  They care for us.  Your Mattie's pictures made me smile for a bit.  Happy to know my Dali is playing with her too. 
There are no words, no way to comfort, just to listen and share our grief.  So sorry for your loss

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Thank you Dali, your are right this is the place for everyone who has lost a fur baby. I am so blessed to have found you all. I am glad that Mattie's pictures made you smile for a bit, so glad to know she is still comforting people :)) I too do the same with calling her name and holding on to her pictures, just as I sleep with her pillow each night I just feel she is there with me, I can still smell her on the pillow so I hold on to it and try to take comfort in that as well. So happy to know of the friends she has made and having fun with.
So sorry for your loss as well, and if you ever need to chat just let me know when you will be on line and we can use the chat bar. We all will get through this together, that is what the Rainbow Bridge does for all of all :)) Super big hugs to you, and know your in my prayers.
Thank you for all the kind word and thoughts again.
Mattie'sMom
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Hi my Mattie Girl,
I am finding out you have made a lot of friends since you have been gone, super happy for you baby girl. I miss you so much. Today was just another Sunday with the exception of while I was cleaning and dusting your pictures as I do every Sunday I moved one and remember the squeeky bone that I always took away because it was so loud? It was behind one of your pictures today. Not sure how it got there but, again I know you were thinking about your momma as you always do. It's coming up on Halloween and I have so many pictures of you going to go through them and make a collage of them so each year I can put it up :) Then the Holidays will be approaching and will be super hard as you know our tree is mostly you :)) 10 years of pictures of you with santa and opening your gifts gosh I miss you girl, but at the same time I am happy that you no longer hurt and have made so many new friends. I just want to hear you breathing next to me, or hogging all the bed :) Enjoy your evening sweet Mattie as it has been a long day. I will write to you again as you know and I am always talking to you as well.

Sweet dreams
Woofs and Wags
Love you to the moon and back angel

Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Mattie and Momma forevermattie and mom.jpg Love you to the moon and back my sweet baby girl
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
loft2111
The holidays are such a difficult time, I have spent the past 5 with little man by my side, it just will not be the same this year. I'm glad to be amongst others who shared such deep bonds with their fur babies.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Yes, your Mattie's pictures made me smile for a moment.  She is so cute.  Great pic of you both too!  Would love to chat with you.  I am online mostly in the morning or evening, when I am alone and really missing my Dali.  I have a whole picture book with pics of my Dali, but haven't gotten strong enough to open it.  I also have a short video of her playing with my daughters cat that was taken the month before she left.  One day I will view it also.  But for now, I am just trying to get through each day one day at a time.  They seem so long and lonely.  I walked in the mall today just to get out, saw all of the shoppers buying things and laughing and talking and eating.  I remember those days, but for some reason they don't seem important anymore.  All I could think was while I was doing that, my Dali was home waiting on me, needing nothing but me.  Made me feel more guilty than I already do.  I am looking forward to the day I don't go over and over and over in my mind those last few hours and the signs I missed.  Oh how I love her so.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0