Maggie2001 Show full post »
Maggie2001
People keep saying to give it time, that it will get better...but in many ways I don't want it to get better.  I want to feel sad and lonely and missing her with such intensity, because it makes me feel close to her. I wake up in the morning and realize that I have to do another day without Maggie and the day just looms in front of me. 

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thats exactly how I feel about Raven. I feel like I can't make it through another day without her. And like you said the pain makes you feel closer to them. It's weird but true. You feel like if you let go of the sadness you're letting go of them. I'm still going through this so don't feel bad, you're not alone. We're all here.
Marie and the crew
Quote 0 0
nina555
Maggie and Marie...thank you for sharing ...as this is how I am feeling now.....I am having moments where I am not thinking about Cody...even tho there is this knot of sadness always there.....and I had read that we need to stop clinging to the pain and concentrate on honouring them and remembering their gift to us.......but like you both said, it's when we are in the depths of grief and longing for them that we feel closest....I had read this is normal....but I also feel that when I'm not in those depths, I'm scared I'm starting to let him go...and moving on....and then I feel guilty...and confused. 
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I keep reminding myself that Raven wouldn't want me to feel this way and to be happy and get the word out about what a great cat she was. I've tried to be like Raven myself, especially on this forum, always loving and kind and there for others. Little acts of love and kindness are one of the best ways to keep our babies close to us and alive in our hearts. It's just hard to let them go. 🐾
Quote 0 0
Maggie2001
Marie, that is a wonderful sentiment.  Raven sounds like she was a lovely girl. I have a soft spot for black cats...such a hard reputation to overcome!  With my other dog and cat I'm trying really hard to stop and give them an extra cuddle and some extra attention, even though it's hard because I really would like to have given those cuddles and extra attention to Maggie.

Quote 0 0
Maggie2001
DogMom_33 - Cody sounds like a wonderful guy!  It sounds like we had similar experiences in adopting them and our life stages at the time and how they were our constants.  I feel like I'm losing a lifestyle with losing Maggie...one that is just about me and Maggie and our adventures together.  Maybe that's selfish, but it's true.  No matter what happened, I knew I had Maggie.  I clearly remember one night, I had just broken up with a boyfriend (I got dumped!) and I should have been sad...but instead I was sitting in bed reading or listening to a podcast or something and I looked at my company -- Maggie and my cat were sound asleep on the bed with me and I just felt such contentment.  I thought "now this is happiness".  I knew that even when everything else was going to crap, I could still look at my company and know that it was all good because she was there with me.
Quote 0 0
Maggie2001
Talking about grief and being confused and wanting to hold on to the depths of sadness, a pet loving friend sent this to me, I found it helpful
http://www.drandyroark.com/owning-dog-eventually-leads-suffering-thats-ok/
Quote 0 0
Marie123
That's exactly how I felt with Raven. My whole lifestyle is gone. She was so ingrained in my life I don't know what to do now. I'm glad I'm not the only one! And like you said, No matter how bad things got you always had them. That sums it up perfectly!
Quote 0 0