Lanachka
On Wednesday, Nov 5th at @ 7:30 PM I had to lay my precious Baby Kitty to rest.  I didn't even know she was ill until she had a grand mal seizure which left her blind.  The vet took many tests and finally confirmed she had heart failure and cancer.  I so loved my Baby Kitty and she was with me for 14 years.  She comforted me when I lost my father in 2001 and just 6 weeks ago when I lost my mom.  Now I have lost Baby Kitty, and I can't stop crying.  Since I work out of my home, she was with me 24/7 most the time.  While I am at my computer she would sit on my lap.  I MISS HER EVEN NOW AS I AM TYPING THIS THROUGH TEARS. baby kitty.jpg  If I were in the kitchen she would sit right by me on her floor carpet.  At night she cuddled into my right arm and never failed to stay the night with me.  She would cuddle her paws around my neck as I carried to her her food bowl ritual each morning.  And when I came home, she was ALWAYS at the door to greet me.  I MISS HER SO MUCH that I don't feel I can face the days ahead without her.  I know she is out of her pain.  But my pain seems to override that joy.  I will forever love and miss you Baby Kitty!
Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
I am so sorry for your loss.  I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but there's no quick fix for a broken heart.  Instead, I will copy and paste a poem written by Mary Elizabeth Frye that Susan shared with me when I couldn't bring myself to visit my beautiful Hannah's grave in the pet cemetery.  I found it comforting.

Again, I am so sorry.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
Lanachka
Thank you Grieving Hannah.  I so appreciate your words of comfort.  I had such a rough day today as it is the first day without my baby kitty while my husband is not home.  Usually she is my companion when he is gone.  So your words are timely.  Thank you and all the  best to you and yours.   Baby Kitty's mom
Quote 0 0
danzey
Lanachka............Your baby is beautiful!!!  Such a pretty little girl.  How lucky you are to have her (in your heart now forever).  I like to think that our babies aren't missing us (like we miss them)  I hope that idea doesn't bother you (it's just how I like to think/cope).  When I lost my Boo, I told him not to worry, and I trust that he's not.  As far as I'm concerned he's running as fast as he can, jumping, swatting butterflies, and climbing trees (to the very top).  The best part is I don't have to worry about him getting down, he just jumps, and floats all the way down.  It's crazy the things they can do now;D.  Do a lot of talking to your baby, I still talk to Boo (along with the other's), or write your feeling and thoughts down and send them to her (with a balloon), she'll get it, I promise.  Mostly, feel better and hold on to everything and anything that makes you feel the least bit better.  Nothing you do is silly or wrong if it helps even if it's just a little bit......danzey 
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Sorry for your loss, what a beautiful cat. I too work from home and had my daily ritual with my Little Man, I lost him 10/1. Grieving is not easy and you have to take your time, cry as much as you want and think of the happy memories. I still cry very single day for my baby, missing him is a life I have to live with. Take care and be good to yourself
Quote 0 0
Lanachka
Dear Danzey:
Thank you so much for your kind words of sympathy and encouragement.  It's very comforting to know that there are others like you who have lost their precious little ones and have survive the grief.  Losing Baby Kitty truly is the hardest hit I have ever taken.  She was like your Boo.  Always loving and always there.  I have been writing down all the good memories we had with Baby Kitty.  And now she and Boo are having adventure after adventure.  Thank you again and I wish you and yours all the best in this life.  Until we all meet at the Rainbow Bridge….Baby Kitty's mom
Quote 0 0
Lanachka
Thank you for your kind words of sympathy.  I know Baby Kitty will live forever in my heart just as your Littleman does in your heart.  The tears have not stopped but the kind words of encouragement from people who have gone through this like you are so very helpful.  Wishing the best to you and yours.  Baby Kittys mom.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Baby Kitty is adorable.  I am sure she is watching over you, trying to comfort you.  Grief is a very hard thing, and that unconditional love our babies give us makes it that much harder to understand and accept.  It is always good to talk/connect online with those of us who understand.  There is no love greater than that we have with our forever pet.  The pain will always be there, but the joy of the time you had together will too.  Life is different now, and it takes a long time if ever to learn to live it.  I think about, miss, cry, question everything in life when I talk to my Dali, but just know you did the best for Baby Kitty and she will be waiting for you when the time is right.  She won't forget.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Lanachka
Dear Dalidog:  Thank you so much for sharing words of comfort and encouragement in the loss of my baby kitty.  It has been such a help to have people like you have lived through the loss of their precious pet and be able to help those of us who have never been through this kind of sadness.  I know life will never be the same without her sweet presence in our home.  Thank you again and God bless you!     Baby Kitty's mom
Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
Dear Lanachka,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Baby Kitty. I know how bad it hurts to lose something so precious. Know that you did the very best you could for Baby Kitty and that she loves you so much. Carry that love with you in your heart and know that she is waiting for you just over Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs,
Melissa (Ravensmommy)
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0