jlibera619
Today, my little boy cocker spaniel Toby, was put to sleep. He was just 7 years old and a beautiful creature fighting a very aggressive cancer. My heart is broken. He was everything a companion could be; loyal, loving, and completely in sync with my every move and my every mood.
Who will cuddle with me now that you're gone?
Who will be there to lick my plate after I finish eating?
Who will want to play ball with me on the spur of the moment?
Who will fall asleep on my pillows after I make the bed?
Who will greet me at the door with complete joy when I come home from being away all day?
Who will give me their unconditional love when I'm not deserving of it?
Who will lick my wounds to nurture me when I'm hurt?
Who will sit outside with me to take in all of the outdoor sensations?
Who will follow me around the house, always being close by?
You were the best...
Quote 0 0
TaazyBoy
Awww I am so sorry that you lost your sweet Toby. It is absolutely heartbreaking. There are so many great people here that will help you through. Big hugs.
LM
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am so sorry about the dreadful illness that took your precious boy Toby from you.  You gave him a final gift of love by ending his suffering even though it is probably very painful for you.

Now there are big holes in your life that Toby used to fill. The answers to your questions, of course, are that Toby will no  longer be there to do all the things that he did for you.  

There is no way that anyone in this forum can take the grief, pain and sense of loss away. All we can do is be here for you and  let you know that you are not alone. There are many  people here who understand your feelings and will give you support as you go through the miserable grieving process.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your best boy Toby. He was clearly a special boy that was very much loved. It is very hard and painful to make that final decision for our pets, but we do it out of love.

Jan
Quote 0 0