mamabug

Last week Friday the day after thanksgiving i lost my little max.He was he little black kitty that was just so sweet and gentle.He was born on mothers day the same day my two girls graduated from college she he was extra special.He got sick about 2 weeks ago with a cold we took him to the vet gave him antibiotics.I took care of him around the clock for those 2 weeks.Every hour or two i went in to feed him give him his meds,just hold him love him,or just rug him i know he knew he was loved,but i just cant get past this empty feeling,our other cats feel the lose also.My heart is so heavy and i just dint want to do anything else my tears start and they flow freely,i miss my little max so much.He was not supposed to die he was to get better the vet said so.I had a lady from my Church tell me he is in heaven chasing butterfly's.Yes he is but i want him back here with me.Christmas wont be the same,I'm not even interested.I have to stop writing because my tears are getting in the way of me seeing the letters on the keyboard

Quote 0 0
Princess
First let me say how very sorry I am for the loss of your precious kitty.  It is hard I know , I have lost three two of which I lost within 3 months of eachother.  I work with rescue and loss is such a part of my path, but it doesn't make it any easier.  I say this to say to you, your heart will hurt deep deep inside, and you will have your meltdowns, the love and the bond between us and our furchildren is simply that strong it has to hurt this much.  The better side to this grief is that with time the memories and the love we shared is just as strong and the memories we have made and the love we shared will hold us together and even bring smiles to our faces , it is a golden cord that can never be broken.  Until that day comes when you are able to smile always remember this is a place of healing and we are here for you.  I came here in 2005 and have been away dealing with my two losses but when I stepped back it was like I was home, surrounded by love and those who cared so deeply and understand our losses.  Hang in there and know you are not alone ever here.  Hugs and prayers of healing
Debbie Princess, Kaizer and Maddie's mom

Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
I am so sorry for the loss of your little Max. I know you want him back here with you but we do not have the power to make that choice. We lost our dear, little Havana on November 20. I will never forget that awful day. I too believed that I could make her well, the fact that I couldn't will haunt me forever. I know my animals will not live as long as I want them to but to lose Havana at such a young age has really hit me hard. The same can be said for you and Max? This adds a whole new dimension to the grieving process that I have not experienced before. It is a struggle to say the least. I am so very sorry for your loss and I am sorry for Max as it is clear how dearly he is loved by you. 
Quote 0 0