fennyann
I am just devastated... We lost our little Yorkie-Poo Mollie this past weekend. I have lost many pets in my life but this is by far the worst. She was only 3 years old...She was hit by a car. I saw her laying lifeless in the middle of the street and I could not believe it. She rarely strayed off and I guess I always felt that something like this would never happen to her. Something must have caught her attention and she took off. There was no way of stopping her. I feel an EXTREME amount of guilt for not having her on a leash. My husband and I almost always had her on her leash. I feel like this could have been prevented. I'm a horrible mess. I miss her so much. I just want to hold her one last time....

I haven't been able to eat or sleep. I have a 7 month old son and I feel like I haven't been the best mom these past couple of days and that makes me feel even worse. I don't want my son to be pushed to the side in all of this...This is just so hard.

I t was so bad today, that I called the mental health hotline at work today and I was in tears. I feel like nothing is going to be the same and that I am forever changed and will never feel like I used to.
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am so sorry for your loss.  Please don't blame yourself.  She knew you loved her and cared for her for three precious years.  Don't feel you are a bad mother, the feelings you are having are natural for what you have been through.  There are lots of supportive people on here and I am sure one of them will reply to your post soon.  I lost my beloved Bailey on Saturday and I miss him terribly.  I can't stop crying and the house is so empty.  I will say a prayer for you and your little one.  You are in my thoughts.
Diana x
Quote 0 0
Vickye
I am so sorry about Mollie. I also lost a one year old Doberman to the road. He was a great dog. Dogs just feel invincible sometime and do foolish things. It is very hard to stop them all the time.
I know the pain and guilt you are going through. Your little lady knew you loved her and she is very thankful for the three wonderful years of love and care. I will keep you and Mollie in my thoughts and prayers.
Vicky (Cosette's mom)
Quote 0 0
maddy79
It is devastating to loose a fur baby so young, I am so sorry! Guilt is a part of the grieving process, and not matter the situation, you would have found something to blame yourself for. I feel it too, even if it's been 4 months. This article helped me a bit to understand how I am feeling though.
I too have a toddler, and I definitely haven't been there for him all the time. I couldn't focus, couldn't do my job as a mother the way I was suppose to, and he was feeling that. I felt horrible, like the worst mother in the world. I am better now, and realized that I needed to get through my pain so that I can be good for him again. I needed a little time away so I can cry and do whatever I needed (even a few minutes will do), so that I don't take my anger out on him. Because one can't hold these feelings in forever.
And remember, even if they are gone from our lives, their spirit lives on. Look for her!
Quote 0 0
fennyann
Thank you for your kind words. I just feel the pain is never going to end. Everything reminds me of her...All I have to do is see the sunshine and think about how much she loved being outside. It kills me everytime. I have not had much loss in my life (thankfully). But I cannot help but feel that this is the worst pain that there can possibly be.
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
Everywhere we look we are reminded of them.  Like you thankfully I have never suffered much loss in my life and I never felt as much heartache as I do right now.  We will never forget them and they will always be with us.  Feeling guilty is normal.  I had to make the decision to let Bailey go and even though he didn't appear to be suffering I knew he was in pain.  Sometimes I wonder if I should have waited a little longer and had some precious more time with him.  We have our memories of them and nothing can take away those and they will always be in our hearts. 
Take care of yourself and come back when you need to.  We all feel your pain and we are all here for you.
Quote 0 0
Schmidt87
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My wife and I also lost our precious one to a vehicle. She was a 7 year old pomeranian and I remember looking out and seeing her lying in the road. It was the toughest image I have ever seen in my life. The driver of the vehicle that hit her was my wife's aunt, it had just happened because when I looked out her aunt was still in the car. I still feel so much guilt that I didn't watch her. We live on a dead end street with no traffic and things like this weren't suppossed to happen. I also feel so much anger towards her aunt. She has been known to drive carelessly on our street and I know she was negligent. I'm always a positive person, but I am having a really tough time forgiving her. I know she didn't do it on purpose.

The pain is tough, but you will get through it. My wife and I just remember the happy times we had and how much love we gave her. This community has really helped because it gives us a chance to know that there is someone else grieving with you about the same thing and that we are not alone. It will get better for you.
Quote 0 0
fennyann
In my mind, I know it will get better...but at times I have a hard time believing that it will. That image of her laying in the road is permanently embedded in my brain and I cannot shake it. It makes me sick...I am horrified still...I know it has only been 4 days, but I am ready for this horrible pain to go away. I have never experienced anything like thi before. She was my first baby.
Quote 0 0