stinker
4 years ago in March I was jogging and found a group of people huddled on the side of road. I stopped to see what the commotion was, and they had found a momma dog with five pups. They were going to take them to the pound. I told them not to take them to the pound, that I'd keep them until we found the owner. One of the pups some how disappeared across the road and we couldn't find him. That left me with mom and four pups. I kept them while searching for their owner. I never found the owner. I ended up finding people to adopt the mom and two of the pups. I kept two of the pups, a boy and girl. Bruno and Sam-- my little babies.

Twelve days ago, right before a bad thunderstorm, Sam and her uncle Frankie push open our gate and ran away. It poured that evening, but Sam and Frankie didn't come home. The next morning, 16 hours later, Frankie came home...without Sam. It rained all weekend. Sam didn't come home. Sam still hasn't come home. I've looked all over for her. Have posted signs, taken out ads, looked at the pound, looked all over our trail system (I live in a rural area), and my little girl has vanished. I took her uncle for a walk to try and find her, but he didn't show me where they had run off to. I took her brother Bruno for a walk, but he couldn't find her. I called the PAWS search/rescue folks, but they only allow their dogs to find humans.

I'm devastated. My little girl was only 4 years old. She could have been eaten by a bear, stuck in a trap, shot, hit by a car, ambushed by porcupine quills, or taken in by somebody even though she had a collar with a name tag.

Where to lost dogs go?  I miss her so much. At this point, I'm doubting she will return to us. 
Quote 0 0
MagzMom
I am so sorry Stinker. I hope she finds her way home and that all will be ok.
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Stinker,

Sending positive thoughts and prayers that your precious Sam will find her way home.

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Quote 0 0
DebbieD
I'm so sorry she's lost - sending positive thoughts that Sam finds her way home.

And how wonderful that you took them in and found everyone homes, including Sam and her brother's forever home with you. It's obvious how loved she is.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions

Dear Stinker, 

I'm so sorry to hear that little Sam has been gone for such a long time.  I can't imagine your worry and heartache now.  Here is a prayer I found for lost animals.  I have said it for Sam, and I hope it will help you to keep it in mind.

Father
We ask you to help us find Sam,
our dear pet who is now lost.
We know that you placed animals on the earth
for many reasons, including companionship for man.
We therefore ask you to help us find our lost companion,
and pray that You will keep her safe
and protect her from harm until she is found.
We join our prayers with St. Francis,
St. Anthony of
Padua, and all the saints,
and pray in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

(David Bennett)

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
stinker
Sammie still hasn't come home. It's been three weeks today. I am lost without her. I keep thinking of all of the bad things that could have happened to her. I love her so much and miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Stinker,

Three weeks is a long time and at some point you will have to accept that Sammie won't come home.  But, I want to tell you a hopeful story.   My sister's cat Dakota disappeared and after a month my sister stopped looking for him.  At about 2 months someone found a bedraggled, skinny Dakota, took him in and called my sister.  The vet said that he was in bad shape but would make it.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Quote 0 0