SweetLilDaisy
I am having the hardest time. I rescued Daisy when she was a kitten I was only 18. She blessed me with 20 amazing years. She was feisty, loved to hunt her toys and knock things off the table in the middle of the night.She was my best friend, she was with me through my first apartment, college, traveling from new place to the next, she grew up with me sharing so many firsts in life with her by my side. She was a feisty little girl with so much love and energy, loved sitting on the porch with me, or every time I pulled a blanket out she would come running to cuddle with me.

Last year she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Kidney failure and I was told she'd only live another month, she ended up living another year, she was a fighter. On Saturday she started declining and Tuesday I brought her in and was told she needed to be put down. I held her in my arms and felt her leave. It's only been 24 hours since she passed but I am overwhelmed with grief. I live alone and she was my only child. I keep going into her bedroom and sitting by her bed and looking out the window she loved to do all day. I keep hoping she will come down the stairs again. I feel like I failed her by putting her down even though the vet told me I needed to and I would never want her to suffer. I know her last days she wasn't herself when I was saying goodbye she just stared at me, her personality was already leaving her. Thank you for listening to my story, I figured this might be the only place where people know what I'm going through and maybe I won't feel so alone. 
Quote 0 0
jasminbailey
Dear, I’m so sorry for the loss of your baby! Its very hard to deal with it I know, but please don’t feel alone! We are here with you and on top of that your babies soul is with you! Right next to you! Hugs
Jasminbailey
Quote 0 0
SweetLilDaisy
Thank you so much for the kind words 🙏 I’m so sorry for your loss as well 😞 animals are such amazing creatures they truly touch our hearts and bless us with so much love 
Quote 1 0
Mdmoore
You are not alone and this forum has helped me a lot with exactly that not feeling alone during the saddest time of my life.  I know what you mean by feeling like you failed her by putting her down because I felt the same.  They are so innocent and lovable, the hardest thing is when we have to make those decisions for them. I hope that time will lessen the pain. 
M moore
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
I am very saddened to read of your recent loss of your beloved Daisy. I am so glad though that your path crossed with hers and that for so many years, Daisy knew and returned such a sweet and great love. And that you provided her with a safe, comforting and caring home. There is so much love in all of your words.

Kind regards and my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Deederbestboy
My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel. I just lost Deeder, my 18 year old cat a month ago today. It’s hard to see all his favorite spots without him being there. He slept curled up next to me every night, my baby boy! He had bladder cancer but in the end his kidneys and heart took him out. I knew it was time and made the decision like you to end his discomfort and that part I am at peace with now. It’s very hard to lose them at any age but when you have had them for so many years it really is difficult. On the other hand, we were blessed with many wonderful years but it never quite feels like enough. Your baby like mine had not just a good life, but a great life and her beautiful spirit, I’m sure, like my Deeder cat is with you even now. By the way, he liked knocking over his bowls too, especially in the middle of the night. Take care of yourself and give your self time to heal. It’s a big loss, and a hard transition. May God grant you his peace which transcends all understanding, and comfort your grieving heart. God bless, Jeanne
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0
SweetLilDaisy
Thank you everyone for the sweet words. This group has helped me so much in a span of three days. I’m still crying but there are a lot of happy memories I’m able to think of and laugh at some of our memories. I enjoy sitting in her room and talking to her in the mornings I feel her with me every second of the day ❤️ 
Quote 1 0