Boopiesmommy
It's been a little more than 24 hrs since my GCC passed away because of me. I can't even describe the mental anguish that I'm experiencing right now. No one on the outside of these groups can even begin to understand the pain this has caused. Boopie was with me for 6 years and although I had adopted two others after her she is the one that had my whole heart. She loved me unconditionally and was soo sweet. The pain I'm experiencing has made me want to die(suicidal) so I won't be able to feel like this anymore. I haven't eaten, I haven't slept and I'll probably end up loosing my job. I can't function at all. I don't know what to do but just lay down and cry. I loved that bird more than my own life. If I could trade places with her I'd do it with no hesitation. I know she was just a bird but she was my everything.......I just pray that she felt my love for her before she passed away
Boopiesmommy 
Quote 1 0
Maddie140
Please hang on. Please call your doctor or a suicide hotline if you become so desperate to escape your pain. The depths of despair can get a hold on us and make us feel there's no hope. There is! Grief can be all-encompassing but the searing pain will pass. Of course your bird knew how much you loved. That is why you had such a special connection. I have been crying for 6 days over the loss of my cat, but it's getting better. It will get better for you, too. Give yourself a break. You can and will survive your loss.
Madelyn DeStefano
Quote 2 0
Runningman66
Boopiesmommy 
We all send you virtual hugs and love as we know what you are going through.Dog,cat,rabbit or bird.They are still our lives and when they pass it’s a feeling only a pet owner can describe.Your thoughts are perfectly normal as I still after six weeks of my boy passing think about taking the easy way out as everyday I wake up is another day of my heart aching but I’m still here as I’m not yet prepared to concede defeat to my demons as well as getting support from all my fellow pet owners on this forum.Just today after finishing work I thought do I want to go back home to a dark,empty soulless house and that’s where the car,hosepipe and a secluded country lane entered my mind but then I thought this is not going to bring my boy back although if I knew for certain I could join him this might have been a different outcome.Six weeks on and counting and I’ve sobbed my eyes out everyday and waking up at all hours sat on the edge of my bed calling for my Coco to come on my bed.I know this is futile but it comforts me in a way talking to him when I’m having an emotional episode which is mostly every night.The dark thoughts are still there but I’m not ready yet to give in so from a fellow sufferer hang in there and we send you our prayers and love.

Love Runningman
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Dear Adriane
Please please be gentle with yourself.  You obviously have a very beautiful heart because of the grief you are experiencing right now tells us how much love you have for Boopie.  One of the things I've learned on this forum is "The love I have for you is greater than the grief".  Please open your heart to the love.  We here on this forum will never tell you how long to grieve, you must go through all of the different stages.  We all are.  I lost my cat Ruby Tuesday almost 3 weeks ago, and I still feel numb and heartbroken.  I didn't eat or sleep for 3 days.  And I cry every single day missing the most amazing, smart, funny little gift I have ever had.  Boopie felt the love you have for her every single minute of every single day.  Isn't that beautiful?  You say you have 2 others.  Please share your loving heart with them they need their birdie mummy with them.  This is HARD!!!!!  Trust me, I know!  As human beings, we have the capacity to heal.  Her memory will heal your heart.  Please take care of yourself and forgive yourself.
Peace dear Adriane. 
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Boopiesmommy
Thank you all. Your words have really helped. I will push to be strong for my other two conures. 
Boopiesmommy 
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
I’m so sorry for your loss.  Please be kind to yourself and give yourself time.  I know how you feel.  I felt the same when my beloved dog passed away almost 13 weeks ago. I still think about her all the time and have good days and bad days but I can function and be there for my family again.  It will get better I promise but it take time and we all grieve differently.  If have suicidal thoughts please call the hot line or call your dr or a therapist.  I am talking to a grief counselor to help me cope with the loss.  Please consider it if you can.  Sending you love and peace.  
Sp
Quote 0 0
chilover
Boopiesmommy 

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful sweet Boopie. What a beauty she was! You loved Boopie unconditionally & vice versa & everyone on this forum understands exactly what you are going through & we all support you in your grief.

Your beautiful Boopie needs you to keep her memory alive, and your other 2 babies need you too. Hang in there & keep posting.

God bless!
Sending you comfort & peace
Daisy's mummy
Angelina 
Quote 0 0