Missedsomuch
My darling baby Lulu was put to sleep in June this year. She was a golden Labrador who made my life complete. I had had her since she was 8 weeks old. She developed terrible arthritis over the last couple of years and was reliant on a huge amount of painkillers to get through each day. She died at home with both me and my husband holding her.
She was my world, and since she has gone I have barely been able to function. I hate being in the house, it doesn't feel like home anymore. My husband seems to be coping ok and has accepted that she has gone, but I just can't. If one more person asks me when I'm getting another one I will scream! Every day seems to last an eternity. Please somebody tell me this will get better.
Lulu's mummy
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Missedsomuch I am sorry for your loss of Lulu she is beautiful and aged gracefully. She passed in the arms of her masters and knew she was loved and it was her time to go free of pain and discomfort. It isn't easy I struggle everyday I too lost ozzie in June and everyday still feels like the first day for alittle while I was having a few good days then some bad days but recently it has been everyday. Our lives are different now and that seems to be the hardest to get through i have a hard time being at home I still talk to Ozzie everyday I miss him very much. He gave my life purpose and now I feel like I don't have a purpose I don't think we will ever get over it we just have to get through it one day at a time I have a hard time thinking it will get easier it just gets manageable. The bond we form with our babies is a deep unconditional love that is like no other and those emotions can be very overwhelming at times. Take it day by day and know that Lulu is always around you and in your heart I am so very sorry I know it's hard take care 💕

Ozzies mom
Amy
Quote 0 0
Missedsomuch
Thank you Peanuts Mom and Ozzies Mom for your lovely supportive messages. It means a lot to know that I am not on my own. I miss my baby girl so much, she was the sweetest, gentlest, patient soul who stole the hearts of everyone who met her. I know I should be grateful for the time I had with her, but at the moment all I want is to have her next to me demanding tummy tickles 😢
Lulu's mummy
Quote 0 0
JoyAlane
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand because I had to let my little Rowdy go last August 6th, 2016. We love them soooo much and when they have to go it is heart wrenching. I actually went to bed and went into a depression, so I do understand. I hope sharing what helped me will help you and others here too. I found a book, "Biblical Proof Animals Go To Heaven" .This encouraged me because I believe we will meet our babies again. I also lit candles, and placed Rowdy's picture out and made albums. Altho it hurts and I miss him these things did help. Your grief is normal so don't think you are failing to cope. Great love brings great grief but I believe we will be together again. God Bless you and prayers🙏🙏🙏
Quote 0 0