Forum

Author   Comment  
Fortheanimals

Reply with quote  #1 
My kitty Zuri is being force fed, and I'm trying to save her. The vet wanted to euthanize her. She was about 13 and has been I'll on and off for the last few years. This is a stressful time for me.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #2 

Dear Fortheanimals,

I am so sorry your beloved Zuri is going through that. Force feeding is a real personal choice. I opted not to in the end. My boy Marmalade (an orange & white Tabby) was around 13 years old, and could not have handled that procedure. He was through with treatment and didn't want any more. I hope Zuri pulls through and feels better soon. I am sorry for that you are having to cope with during this difficult and challenging time.

God speed!

Kind regard,
James
Sampson

Reply with quote  #3 
I’m sorry that Zuri isn’t well. I believe your vet wanted to euthanize her for a reason. When animals stop eating they want to transition on. Life has become too difficult for them and they choose to move on by choosing not to eat anymore. Sometimes the greatest gift we can give our furry friends is to let them go when their pain is too great. You came here to write about it so I’m quite certain you love Zuri and you wouldn’t want her to suffer. I think you know deep down what you need to do for your beloved Zuri. I’m hoping you find the strength. Wishing you courage and peace,
Sam
marykc

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm sorry your dear kitty is going through this as well.  It must be such a strain on both of you.  

Reply with quote  #5 
Zuri passed on about two weeks ago. My husband sat with her as she was taking her last breaths. We knew she wanted to be at home until the end. She was given food and water, until she passed on. We miss her very much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.