Thea Show full post »
Weepatchesoflove
Hey Thea
I hope you are hanging in there ok? And that you never did end up with your partners cold?
Whiskers looks so cute in his igloo, your pictures made me smile, she looks so contended inside there. You must never have been done just checking in on her her. I can imagine that just seeing her all cosy and cute must have just lifted your spirits. Such tiny wee bundles that leave such a gulf of loss and sadness.
That is awesome about your dad and the fact that you have been passed down the gift too. I find anything like that impressive, pretty much mainly because I am the complete opposite and have to be hit with a brick to notice stuff, but it is just so exciting and wonderful I guess. I hope you are managing to get some peace from that and I had forgotten about your vision, until you had mentioned it. What a great experience, albeit horribly sad, but hopefully it can ease even a tiny bit of your heart.
How are your parrots doing? Are they bigger ones? I don't know much about parrots either, but some can look amazing and do yours talk? We've only ever had one bird pet which was a tiny wee budgie, we were assured it was a baby and was healthy, turned out he was a geriatric dude and he lived for about a year, but it was not the best experience as he ended up a real grump, although our vet assured us he was healthy and happy.
I hope you are managing ok though and that you are having some periods of peace.
Take care and best wishes
Michelle &Patches
Patches mum
Quote 0 0
Thea
Hi Michelle
I'm fine thanks, how are you doing? 
Unfortunately, yes I did get my partners cold, altho' for some reason it's not as debilitating as it usually is when I get one.

My Sweet Kitty loved her igloo and every time I went to check on her I would end up taking a photo. When I look at all her igloo photos I have to smile. She was (and STILL is) the most beautiful cat I have ever had the privilege to care for.  

I just wish that my little bit of psychic sensitivity would allow me to sense the presence of My Sweet Kitty. I have tried meditating and sitting quietly and I have even been taking random photos around the house with both my mobile phone camera and my digital camera. When I wake in the middle of the night, I lie quietly and try to visualise her lying in her spot at my feet in the hopes that I will actually feel her there. I pray all the time the she be allowed to come to me in my dreams so that I can just hold and hug her; even if that one dream is the only one I ever get. Now I'm crying again! That little cat meant everything to me and I miss her so much it hurts.

Michelle, my partner breeds amazons, macaws and African greys. I have a grey and two pairs of lovebirds. My grey talks non stop and my partners birds do talk but not much because they are in the aviaries outside and are not disturbed too much because they are breeding birds. The one pair of grey's have eggs already.

It's difficult to find peace, but I find that because My Sweet Kitty never came into the kitchen (her choice) I don't cry if I sit there. It's not the most comfortable of places to be but I spend most of my free time there and can get a lot of my crochet and other work done than if I sit in the bedroom.
We don't use our lounge much because it's either far too hot in summer or the complete opposite in winter but My Kitty was quite happy to sleep in there on the couch or one of the single chairs.

My Sweet Kitty in the lounge on one of the single chairs 
26 february 2013 056.JPG 

Another on top of her igloo on the couch. When she got too hot she would climb on top of it and then I would have a heck of a time making it stand upright again!
3 dec 2011 005.JPG 

Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
Love the pictures you posted!  Your Sweet Kitty is beautiful - I know you miss her so much.  Hope you are able to find some peace somewhere down this long road of grief. 

Hugs ...
Betty
Quote 0 0
Thea
Thank you very much, Betty.  

As long as I can keep myself busy then I don't have time to sit and think.

Coming here to Rainbow Bridge and reading other posts also helps me because I know that the grief we all feel is shared among all of us. 

Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Dear Thea, you are so talented in crochet and your pictures of your kitty in her different beds are so beautiful. Sorry for your loss, I lost my 2 yr old Frosty 21 days ago and it is raw and painful. Keep taking it easy and be gracious to yourself. We have 3 parrots, 2 Amazons Jubee n Autumn AND 1 Senegal Kobee. They are 16, 16 and 3 yrs old. I wished dogs n cats lived as long as parrots, which have 40-70 yr for bigger breeds. WeePatches, you are so hilarious! Yes I think all the petsmart or petco birds are probably geriatric birds...haha... Hugs! Here are my 3 amigos...
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
Thea
Hi Sophie,
Thank you for your kind words. I too, am very sorry for the loss of your precious Frosty.

I love the photo of your three amigos. They look quite happy in amongst the flowers. Yes, that would be so awesome if our fur babies could live as long as our feathered babies. 
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Hugs Thea....Thinking of you! Pls share pix of your birdies when u have a chance.....it helps distract us. My three birds miss Frafra too!!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0