Marleyboo
Its been 28 hours since the vet phoned to say Marley mt 6 month kitten had been brought in after a road accident.  She told me unfortunately he had passed on, those words just didnt seem real. Why was he down at road, he hardlly goes out. Why didnt i call him in earlier. God im so mad at myself, in fact i now feel mad at everyone. I dont think i can cry anymore, my head is pounding and the pain in my chest is killing me. All i keep telling myself is why, why didnt i go look, why didnt he stay in. Why didnt the car stop. Its all what ifs its killing me. I asked if i could see him but was told probably best not too as his head injuries were so bad and that is killing me too thinking of what happened to him. I went to the site and there was loads of blood which nearly made me sick but i had to see for myself, i dont know why. The pain is just unbearable its like my heart is being ripped apart. He was only a baby, why did i ever let him out. I feel so so bad but he loved it outside. I will never forget my little sleek, slender Marleyboo.  He didnt get a chance at life but in that little bit he did have he was so so loved and he brought such joy to me.
Forever Marleyboo
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
(((((HUGS)))))) please don't blame urself.. u loved him or u wouldn't be here on this forum.
Please let us help u w ur pain

http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html

love, Stacie
Quote 0 0
Marleyboo
Thankyou Stacie

Im struggling so much right now. Its only been just over a day now and i cant stop crying. Now my other kitten Monty, Marleys brother has gone strange. After that night when i got the call he was on the bed. But since then he wont eat or drink and kept vomiting. He went vets yesterday to be checked and they said he had a hard feel to his stomach so went for xrays and bloods and had his throat and mouth checked. It all showed ok but he has only eaten about a spoonful of food since although his vomiting has stopped. He just isnt the same kitten, he still wants to play but dosnt meow like he used to. He still sits with me and purrs but its like im losing Monty too. Im actually starting to wonder whether he actually saw Marley get hit and ran home upstairs, as he was on bed when call came in. Maybe he ran home, its only behind my house and on bed in time it took for car to stop and pick Marley up and go to vet which is 2 min drive and then for them to call me. Im going out of my mind, im grieving Marley and i cant help Monty.
Quote 0 0
L0st
Quote:
He was only a baby, why did i ever let him out. I feel so so bad but he loved it outside.

That is exactly how I feel, since our young cat was run over about 3 weeks ago. We don't let our other cat out any more and, if we ever can bring ourselves to get more cats one day, they will all be indoor cats. A lesson we've learned the hard way and at the expense of an innocent, beautiful life :-(

I'm very sorry for your loss - this is the worst feeling, I know.
Quote 0 0
treecee53
I'm so sorry for your loss, but know he is always in your heart
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
little Monty is grieving his sister... I would talk to ur vet and see if she thinks a new friend might help. ik its,too soon in ur heart but it might be what saves montys broken heart. When my cat sammy died years ago, wiley became very depressed and wouldn't eat or play just acted depressed. I wasnt ready for another cat I missed sammy but I was so worried about Wiley... I adopted a black cat, Abbeyboo, and in time wiley accepted his new friend and was back to normal.
Just a thought... im praying for u and Monty

(((hugs)))
Stacie
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
HUGS. Ask God to help you with the pain. That's how i have gotten thru for five weeks now.
Quote 0 0
mashimashixp
Marleyboo wrote:
Its been 28 hours since the vet phoned to say Marley mt 6 month kitten had been brought in after a road accident.  She told me unfortunately he had passed on, those words just didnt seem real. Why was he down at road, he hardlly goes out. Why didnt i call him in earlier. God im so mad at myself, in fact i now feel mad at everyone. I dont think i can cry anymore, my head is pounding and the pain in my chest is killing me. All i keep telling myself is why, why didnt i go look, why didnt he stay in. Why didnt the car stop. Its all what ifs its killing me. I asked if i could see him but was told probably best not too as his head injuries were so bad and that is killing me too thinking of what happened to him. I went to the site and there was loads of blood which nearly made me sick but i had to see for myself, i dont know why. The pain is just unbearable its like my heart is being ripped apart. He was only a baby, why did i ever let him out. I feel so so bad but he loved it outside. I will never forget my little sleek, slender Marleyboo.  He didnt get a chance at life but in that little bit he did have he was so so loved and he brought such joy to me.
Forever Marleyboo

I am where you are and I feel the same guilt and the same pain and the same injustice...they were just babies and it happened so suddenly.
I also have a lot of whys and what ifs...
I am so sorry you're going through this pain, too.  I know what you're going through.  I am right there with you.  I didn't think my body and mind could feel so much pain.  I am so sorry.
Quote 0 0
BradsMum
I too know your pain.  As I posted on Mashimashixp's thread, I am wracked with guilt and grieving and have cried everyday (usually several times a day) for the past 26 days that my beautiful Brad has been missing.  I should not have taken him to my daughter's home in the country, especially since she has dogs and he's never liked dogs very much.  I have beat myself up over this at least 10,000 times. Sometimes I feel almost paralyzed  by the thoughts of him alone and frightened and possibly attacked by predators.  At the same time as I pray he will not suffer, I am beginning to be able to say thank you that his sister did not run off with him.  I still have her and for that I am eternally grateful.  I hold her and cry into her soft furry neck for our dear Brad.  I have read that others have said they were never particularly religious until losing their four legged friend and I think this is the situation with me too.  Take care all who are in so much pain and know that you are in the thoughts of so many of us who are on the same sad journey.
[image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  [image]  l
Quote 0 0