Tony_Svoboda
Hi
I just learnt that my sweet Jerry has passed away in his sleep. He was 15 years old. I wasn't aware of any illness he had and I'm confused. Also, I'm half a world away from him for work and can't believe that I couldn't be there for him when he died. I can't even believe that he is dead and don't know what to do. I have nothing here of him exept for one framed picture. He meant the world to me (the love of my life) and now I'm told that he is gone. I can't even burry him because I'm too far away to do that. This is all so devastating. He had a wonderful life and was loved beyond compare. I wish he was here with me, he always helped me cope with difficult situation and I helped him. We were there for each other and I can barely remember a time before him. I miss him so much..my angel :'(
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Tony, I am so sorry for your loss. Can you tell us a little bit more about your angel? Cat, dog, etc.
Quote 0 0
Tony_Svoboda
Jerry was a tall dsh cat. I had found him when he was a tiny kitten and took him in because he was very sick and needed treatment his "owner" refused to give him (I didn't steal him, the "owner" didn't even want him) he remained fearful of humans his entire life (no one but me and my family ever saw him). He was very agile and smart and snuggly (slept on my lap every day). I miss him so much
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Wow. What a handsome little kitty Jerry was. The fact that he lived to be 15 is a testament of your love for a kitten who never might have been given a chance.

These fur babies' souls inhabit our hearts and never leave. That is why it hurts like hell when we lose them.

Please know that you are not alone in your grief. I lost two of my seniors within less than five months. One over my birthday in August. The other succumbed to cancer over Christmas and died on New Year's day night.

I only tell you this because I feel your pain. You have come to the right place. 

Tonight, I pay tribute to a little cat named Jerry. He impacted your being, and the loss of him has rocked your world. 

I wish you peace at this very hard time in your life.

Take care.

Patty
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Jerry sure was a good looking guy. I just had to put my little manx tabby down , there isn't anything worse I know of, to lose a good friend.  I'm glad to hear you had some good years together, even though we never get to keep them forever, it would be great if we could. There are a lot of really supportive people here, you are not alone.

Ive been moping around for weeks now, but I know I can stop by here and find some others going through the sadness and grief of losing a pet.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Gosh, Tony, that is so hard, being away from him and losing him. I'm so sorry for your loss and for not being able to be present when he passed. He was gorgeous. I hope it will help you to write here, to be heard and understood. Pets are incredibly precious family members and the heartbreak is real and long lasting. Sincere condolences to you over Jerry!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0