Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 96     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
MyBella

Reply with quote  #76 
Halloween is my absolutely favorite Holiday, if it is even considered a Holiday, but I LOVE it the most. When I took the kids trick or treating, I got dressed up, loved doing it, they thought it was cool at first but as they got older I think they were a little embarrassed ......oh well. We always ended the night with fireworks, me and my sons would have a "blast" going down to Chinatown and picking out and buying the fireworks, we always ended up going back a few times, making sure we hadn't missed any or making sure we had extras for New Years. As my sons got older, they did their own thing so that only left me and Bella and Vera of course. Bella wasn't afraid of the fireworks, I was always surprised how nothing fazed or scared her, she just went with the flow. Vera would dress her up, Bella hated it and I knew she hated it as Bella couldn't get out of the costume fast enough, I never pushed her to dress up mostly because I didn't want her to get mad at me as I knew she hated it. But Bella did tolerate some of my Halloween nonsense even though I know she wasn't too happy about being involved in my schemes, she would do it for me. I loved how she made a certain face when she was "put off" with me, she would let me know by her expressions and body language how she felt, it made me laugh that we had such an understanding of each other. Two souls talking to each other without ever saying a word, that best describes mine and Bella's relationship, she knew how to get her message across and I somehow knew what it was she was telling me. Vera and I and Bella of course, would still go walking through the neighborhood on Halloween, just so we could see the houses and we had a community "friendship garden" behind our house that the community always decorated, there was punch, palm readers etc. It was a fun thing to go to and everyone loved seeing Bella there, it's funny how everyone and I mean everyone knew Bella's name, but didn't know or remember mine, it never bothered me, just showed me how much she was so loved and adored.
Bella made going anywhere easy, she was so laid back and so compliant, I just loved that I was able to share so much with her. The two of us were truly made for each other, we loved each others company so much and we did absolutely everything together, even if she wasn't too thrilled, she tolerated my silliness. Below are a couple of photos showing Bella's patience with me.

I Love you Bella, you made life so much fun, so many adventures we shared, I could not have asked for a better friend to share them with. I miss you little girl, thank you for putting up with my silly ideas and being so patient with me, you truly are the best thing to happen to me.
Love your Daddy forever
xoxoxoxoxo

Here are two photos of Bella posing with her "Halloween Bella" I used a squash for the body and a small pumpkin for the head. Bella is showing her patience with me here, she has a "I can't believe he is doing this to me " look, and a  "take the photo already and let me be" attitude. I absolutely LOVED that she had no problem telling me off in her way, it made our relationship so much fun and made me laugh so many times. Bella is 15 years old here.

Bella Halloween 2.JPG 

Bella halloween.JPG 

Beesmom123

Reply with quote  #77 
Don, 
Thank-you and thank dear sweet Bella..you always make me smile and Bella's adventures are endless. It makes one wish we could have been at the party!!

honestly , you should write a book, you already have the pictures to go along with it

Best to you and Vera,
Diana

Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesmom123
Don, 
Thank-you and thank dear sweet Bella..you always make me smile and Bella's adventures are endless. It makes one wish we could have been at the party!!

honestly , you should write a book, you already have the pictures to go along with it

Best to you and Vera,
Diana

Hi Diana, I love that Bella still makes others smile, she did it all her life and it is so enduring to see her do it now.
Vera has mentioned the same thing, about writing a book, I think I would love to do that, I am so happy that others enjoy Bella and her adventures. She truly was and still is such a remarkable little girl, I so miss her, she truly made me a better person.

How are you doing, have you found any photos of Liam to post yet, can't wait to see him.

Thanks for all your wonderful words Diana, they are so appreciated and you help me in so many ways with your support.

Thank you,
Your Friend, Don

Graceful

Reply with quote  #79 
Hi Bella,

I thought I'd send you a little note tonight.  Even though you did all the heavy lifting (we females tend to do that, don't we?!) throughout your life, I love the way you let your Daddy think he was doing some of it.  You are so cool, so clever, and so astute.  Heh, takes one to know one, huh, Bella? :)

Here is a little something for you.  I hope you like it:

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared."  (Buddha)

This, to me, is the essence of how to live, and you and your Daddy did it in spades.   You and he shared your life, you shared your happiness, and in doing so, your light grew stronger and stronger, brighter and brighter, and in the course of your lifetime, countless candles were lit b/c of you.  Just think, they are still being lit; look at me, I feel your light right now, as I write this.

You and your Dad shared your life, your fun and your happiness, and that's what we are here to do, Bella, and that is what I was always taught to do, too.  

I'll let you go now, Bella; are you watching the US Open?  Me, too!!   Who is your fave?  :)
Take care of your Daddy, and keep lighting candles.
From across the miles, but close in heart,
Grace and Twirlie

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

MyBella

Reply with quote  #80 
While watching the U.S. Open this past Sunday, it reminded me of how my sons and I would go golfing and take Bella with us. I used to be a member at a local club here, due to tendinitis in my thumbs I had to give up golf as it is too difficult to grip the club. We would go out late in the afternoon when there wasn't anyone out playing, we would take a power cart and out we would go.

Bella loved chasing us behind the cart, she would run like the wind, it was so cute to see, but man could she run, she was really fast for such little legs. I would stop and then get out to hit, I would tell Bella "get in the cart" and she would jump in, wait until I hit and then jump out. I was always so amazed at how she just knew what she was supposed to do. She would then wait until we started driving off and then she would chase after us, it always made us laugh to see her go. Each time we stopped to hit, back in the cart she went until that person was done hitting.
What always surprised me was how she would always face the person who was hitting and she would watch their practice swings and then when they hit the ball, she would crane her little neck out of the cart to watch the ball, I always had to wonder if she was just imitating us or if she truly was tracking and watching the flight of the ball. 
She would run for 4 or 5 holes and then ride the rest of the holes in the cart. There was one hole she always had to get out for, she just loved to stir up trouble with the geese on this hole, they were five times her size, but that didn't bother her, she just went after them but they didn't always back down, so it was funny to watch. She always ate a nice steak with green vegetables (she loved green veggies) after our golf and slept like a baby the whole night, I know she just loved being out there, I can still see her running behind that cart, so fast, having the time of her life with her three boys. Bella was so easy going and so well behaved no matter where we went, she just knew how things were and how to behave in each situation, I loved that I could share all my passions and hobbies with her.

You made life so much fun little girl, I truly loved how you never backed down from those geese, no matter how many of them there were, I always ended up getting you as I was afraid they may gang up on you but you were never worried. I have never seen such bravery in such a little girl, you always made me laugh Bell, I love that you knew how to make me laugh, thank you Bella for always making everything we did so much more exciting and so much more enjoyable.
I love you Bella, Love forever, your Daddy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Here is Bella having a nap on the couch with her favorite "fellow", she is 16 years old here.
photo.JPG 

Manjack

Reply with quote  #81 
I agree with the others. You should write a book. You have so many great stories of Bella's escapades and you write so well. Plus those adorable pictures. You write in a way that makes it easy for the reader to visualize the events and that is a gift. I am a retired teacher and I know how difficult it is to develop these skills when it is not a natural ability.
As your 10 weeks approaches I hope that your healing continues. Your memories of Bella bring us chuckles but also admiration for a life well-lived.
ForDomino

Reply with quote  #82 
Hi Don,
I am terribly sorry about your loss and the pain you are feeling. Bella was a beautiful friend. I would like to thank you for expressing yourself and sharing your video. My dog, Domino, passed away on Saturday. It was sudden and I too am not able to discuss his story. I have been deeply depressed, unable to find any motivation to do anything. After I read your post and saw your video, you gave me hope. Today was the first time I have felt even an ounce of inspiration. I am a college student studying art, specifically painting. I have many drawings and illustrations of Domino. I am so angry at myself for not making more or making a painting. I want to paint portraits of him, but right now I can't bring myself to it. He was always by my side through every part of the day. I loved painting and drawing with him because I could just look at him and he would wag his tail. I can't paint or do anything right now because I just feel alone and I am missing that warmth he always carried around.
However, you brought me the closest I have felt to being motivated to create art for his tribute. Seeing your paintings truly inspired me. Your paintings are full of life and it is clear how your feelings for Bella is reflected in your paintings. I admire you for your work. Thank you. I hope these days get easier for you, please keep painting. You have so much talent inside of you. I hope Bella and Domino meet in heaven.
Hang in there with us,
Rachel
MyBella

Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjack
I agree with the others. You should write a book. You have so many great stories of Bella's escapades and you write so well. Plus those adorable pictures. You write in a way that makes it easy for the reader to visualize the events and that is a gift. I am a retired teacher and I know how difficult it is to develop these skills when it is not a natural ability. As your 10 weeks approaches I hope that your healing continues. Your memories of Bella bring us chuckles but also admiration for a life well-lived.

Thank you for your wonderful words Manjack, I would love to write a book about Bella,I need to find out how to go about doing so. She did indeed have so many adventures, she made life fun and she lived it to the fullest all the while keeping me laughing along the way.

Thank you for your kind words about her 10 weeks.

Talk to you soon,In Friendship, Don
Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #84 
I like Bella and the Geese! It truly warms my heart reading about her. Of course it also wets the eyes....and I never even got to meet her. The power of the written word.

Jim

Reply with quote  #85 
Don, LOVED to hear about Bella's adventures with the geese and golfing!

Today I had my own encounter, except this was with a wild turkey..the darn thing kept trying to eat grass seed that I had recently spread to fill in an area of the yard..neighbors must have thought I was loco..chasing after a turkey..at one point I thought it had left the area,  then I started hearing this loud clucking sound..looked up in an oak and there was the turkey on a branch about 8 feet above my head..then it suddenly flew off...they are surprisingly fast flyers!

Hope you're doing okay tonight  :)

Take Care
Diana

Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo106
I like Bella and the Geese! It truly warms my heart reading about her. Of course it also wets the eyes....and I never even got to meet her. The power of the written word.

Jim

Hi Jim, Great to hear from you, thank you for your wonderful words about Bella, it is so appreciated.

And thank you for bumping all of us ahead, so nice of you to think of me and watching out for all of us.

Take care Jim, great to hear from you, stay in touch.

Sincerely, Don
MyBella

Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesmom123
Don, LOVED to hear about Bella's adventures with the geese and golfing!

Today I had my own encounter, except this was with a wild turkey..the darn thing kept trying to eat grass seed that I had recently spread to fill in an area of the yard..neighbors must have thought I was loco..chasing after a turkey..at one point I thought it had left the area,  then I started hearing this loud clucking sound..looked up in an oak and there was the turkey on a branch about 8 feet above my head..then it suddenly flew off...they are surprisingly fast flyers!

Hope you're doing okay tonight  :)

Take Care
Diana

Oh Diana, what a funny sight that had to be, you chasing a wild turkey around the yard.....far too funny. How did it get into the tree??? And then it flew off?? I thought Les Nessman of WKRP taught us that Turkeys can't fly?? (for those that may not understand this "joke" YouTube "Les Nessman/WKRP/turkey")
Your story made me laugh out loud, thank you for sharing it with me, I really, really enjoyed it.

I am so happy you enjoy Bella's adventures, she had so many, I never realized it until I started looking at her photos just how much we did together, I am now so glad I took as many photos as I did.
Thank you for your support Diana, it truly is so appreciated, talk to you soon.

In Friendship, Don
ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #88 
Don, I can just imagine the scene with Bella and the geese. We have a big wild Canadian geese population here in the Northeast as well. They can be pretty fearless and aggressive at times. My girl Coco would often want to chase them down when we went to the local state park. Yet Bella surely is in a league of her own. I can also imagine her little legs running as fast as they could after the golf cart. She was just so happy!
   You gave her a wonderful life. For that the light will always shine brightly from her, to you!  They don't forget Don. I truly do believe that they take all of the love, energy, light, with them. Every now and then, they find a way to grace us with it again!........................Thinking of you and Bella today................Sincerely, Andrea.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartofilis
Don, I can just imagine the scene with Bella and the geese. We have a big wild Canadian geese population here in the Northeast as well. They can be pretty fearless and aggressive at times. My girl Coco would often want to chase them down when we went to the local state park. Yet Bella surely is in a league of her own. I can also imagine her little legs running as fast as they could after the golf cart. She was just so happy!
   You gave her a wonderful life. For that the light will always shine brightly from her, to you!  They don't forget Don. I truly do believe that they take all of the love, energy, light, with them. Every now and then, they find a way to grace us with it again!........................Thinking of you and Bella today................Sincerely, Andrea.

Hi Andrea, thank you for your encouraging comments. I do find that some days I seem to sense an energy close by, I also know I have felt it in bed, I sometimes wonder if I'm losing my mind or hoping for too much, but I do know it does comfort me.

Thank you for your continued support Andrea, it truly is appreciated.

Your friend, Don
Graceful

Reply with quote  #90 

Hola!   (Don, that's really for Bella, sorry)  :D  Such a kidder.  

Wanted to tell you a little something that happened a few days ago that I've been meaning to relay.  

One of my fitness classes was cancelled, so a few of us decided to use the fitness classroom anyhow, and do our own workouts there, as a group, so we'd have our shared energy (which is real nice). One of my friends took out her own playlist, and we were off and running.

Toward the end of the playlist and as we were wrapping up to leave, Iz's "Over the Rainbow / Wonderful World" began playing.   It's not a song on our regular instructor's playlist, so it really took me by surprise.  I kept going, but my eyes watered because I remembered that you and I both mentioned our mutual fondness for that song; I thought of Bella and you, and me and Twirl.

A very nice connection that pushed all the right buttons;  kind of cosmic, you know?

We do make impressions on one another here, no question.  May your day have a little kick of cosmic power, too.  

From across the miles (and wishing I was located where it was HOT for heaven's sake), but close in heart,
Grace and Twirl 

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.