Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 96     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
MyBella

Reply with quote  #61 
Thank you Manjack and Diana. I am so glad Bella still makes others smile, everywhere we went, people smiled to see this tiny little girl walking on her own, (I rarely used a leash with her, she walked right beside me), Bella carried herself with such pride and confidence, strangers always asked to pet, hold or photograph her and Bella always showed such patience with them. What always surprised me the most, was how strangers (full grown adults, regardless of age) always felt compelled to kiss her, while I loved giving Bella kisses and did so regularly throughout the day, I would never kiss a dog I didn't know, but yet they did, it always surprised me. An Amazing little girl, and I am so proud of her.

I miss kissing this little face.
IMG_0512.JPG 

ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Hi Grace, You know, I never did look in Bella's wallet to see if she in fact had a driver's license, Bella always loved jumping into my seat when I would get up, car, couch, wherever, she loved to steal my seat or maybe she was just saving it for me.

I'm so glad Bella's adventure gave you a good laugh, especially while you are under the weather, I hope you get better soon.

Take care Grace, thanks for all your support and your wonderful words.
Your Friend, Don

Here is Bella, comfortably in the driver's seat of the van we had, she is 5 years old here.

Bella in Driver's seat.JPG 
Bella age 7.JPG 
Hello Don, I so love this picture of Bella. She is like the perfect looking sweetheart. I am thinking of you and Bella today. Also, I just wanted to mention to you that I wrote a poem for Coco on her 6 month anniversary. You many enjoy it. Its under a new thread Don," 6 month's today My Sweet Girl Coco"    
  Every time you speak of Bella it always amazes me that she had such a great personality and disposition. Yet I think that you brought out the best in her too Don. She was to you, what you were to her!!!......................Please take care..............Sincerely, Andrea.
Graceful

Reply with quote  #63 
Hi Don!

I finally feel not just "better", but back where I should be, thank you for the well wishes.   Had been going to bed so early that I was waking up in the middle of the night rarin' to go; I knew that was a good sign (and no, I didn't get up by mistake and go to work at 3 a.m.)

I've always been of the mind that our pets love to steal our seats, not save them for us.  There is no way Bella wants to relinquish the driver's seat, don't kid yourself.  :)  I never used to take someone's seat to save it, either, so I expect no less mischief from a pet, especially little Miss Bella, or Mr. Twirlie, both very head-strong (and mischievous) individuals  :)

I know the mid-week slump is difficult, so I thought I would send you a pic of the little badges from the museum to lift your spirits.   I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.   I have been wearing the badges and for something so small, it's kind of awesome to feel a warm glow of light from them.   Anyhow, hope to send you the pic soon. 

From across the miles, always your friends,
Grace and Twirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Hi Grace, You know, I never did look in Bella's wallet to see if she in fact had a driver's license, Bella always loved jumping into my seat when I would get up, car, couch, wherever, she loved to steal my seat or maybe she was just saving it for me.

I'm so glad Bella's adventure gave you a good laugh, especially while you are under the weather, I hope you get better soon.

Take care Grace, thanks for all your support and your wonderful words.
Your Friend, Don

Here is Bella, comfortably in the driver's seat of the van we had, she is 5 years old here. 

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Graceful

Reply with quote  #64 
Oh, you know, Don, about that lovely afternoon, in calm waters, with the kayak, Vera, and Bella ... 

Okay, I see the word kayak, and that alone gets my heart thumping because this means the kayak will be put into a body of water, and to me, a kayak, water (no matter how calm) and one false move, means someone is going to be taking a dip, whether they like it or not !!

Bravo, Vera, for taking that uninvited dip / spill into the water and valiantly handling it like a champ!   Now, I wonder what happened the next time you went out and Vera said "OH, I'll take Bella in MY kayak this time ..."  

(Meanwhile, I would not have believed Bella would be so comfy and "at home" in a kayak without having seen those photos that you posted.   Yes, she is an amazing little girl!)   G.

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

MyBella

Reply with quote  #65 
Oh I know Grace, I had only bought the Kayaks the previous day prior to the photos, the photos were taken of Bella's first time out in it, I wasn't sure if Bella would like being out in them, but sure enough, she loved it and looked so comfortable out there. As for Vera taking Bella in her Kayak, well....she became a spectator after her incident, she never came out with us again after that day.
But Bella and I had many adventures out in the water, we actually got to see a Fin whale (it is the second largest whale after the Blue whale) pass by during migration one time, what a Majestic creature, so peaceful and awe inspiring to see such a huge creature silently swim by. That was the furthest I had gone out in the ocean with Bella in the Kayak, being that we have a large killer whale (Orcas) population in our waters, I never felt comfortable being too far out in a "topsy turvy" Kayak. Seeing Bella play with the seals in the cove was enough for me.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the badges you got from the museum, so wonderful that you did such a heartfelt thing for Twirlie (I love that name) and Bella, they will always be remembered.

Thanks Grace, talk to you soon.

Your Friends, Don & Vera
MyBella

Reply with quote  #66 
Bella outlived all her "friends", by quite a few years, the reason I put friends in "quotation marks" is because other dogs were deathly afraid of Bella, and her "friends" were no exception. I would take Bella for walks and other dogs could not get out of her way fast enough, I never understood it, but man was it funny. We would be walking down the street and other dogs would be coming from the other way and the look on their face the second they saw Bella, (all 3 lbs of her) it was sheer panic!!! Their eyes got big with terror, they froze for a second, they started to tremble from fear, you could almost see the cartoon bubble of panic as they looked for an escape and then they would run the other way, pulling their owner with them, the owners never knew what was happening, I have seen dog walkers being pulled in all directions by the pack they are walking all because Bella was walking down that street. The size of the dog didn't matter, they all ran the other way from her, except puppies, puppies loved Bella and she allowed them to sniff her (something she NEVER let other dogs do) and she treated them with such kindness and respect.
I was always worried after her friends all passed on, I tried to make her new friends but she wasn't interested, her Doctor told me, "as long as she has you, you are all she needs" he then added "she probably doesn't even think she is a dog" which made me chuckle as I thought the same thing, I never saw her as a dog, but as my friend.

Dragon was the exception, Dragon was my best friend's dog. I knew Dragon long before I had Bella, the first time I took Bella over to their place, Dragon was afraid, but after a few visits Dragon became less afraid but still a bit apprehensive of her and kept her distance from Bella. When Bella was hit by a car she needed eye drops in her one eye every hour on the hour, so we took her when we visited my friend, we placed Bella in her bed on the deck with us outside. Dragon saw the bed (a wicker half basket type of thing) and saw Bella inside, Dragon took a couple of sniffs at Bella and obviously knew something was wrong, as Dragon then laid beside Bella's bed for the whole night and kept getting up only to sniff and check on her and then would lay down beside the bed again, it was the most heartwarming thing I had witnessed, they became very good friends from that day on. Dragon's owners and I talk about this all the time, it is such a warm memory of how our girls became friends.

I took Dragon with us a few times to the football field, Bella and Dragon would run around together. Dragon is a lot bigger than Bella, all her friends were big dogs, Bella didn't have any small dog friends, Dragon is about 60 lbs. I kept a bell on Bella's collar, mostly so we would hear her around the house and not step on her, as she was very tiny, so the bell helped a lot with the "tink tink" sound when she walked.

I would walk ahead at the field, and then call the two girls, "Bella.... Dragon....come on" and they would come running. I always laughed as I would be walking, turn, call them, then turn and continue to walk...... I could hear the thundering gallops of Dragon coming up behind me, growing louder as she got closer, "ga'thump, ga'thump, GA'THUMP.....growing louder and louder as she ran right past me and then a few seconds behind Dragon would come the soft, tiny, "tink, tink, tink" of Bella running behind Dragon, it always made me laugh, the complete opposite sounds of the two of them. They grew to love each other, and it was a very sad day when Dragon passed, she was the last of Bella's friends, Bella went on to live for another 5 years without another dog friend, while I tried to find her one, she really wasn't interested.

This is a painting I did of Dragon, I gave it to Dragon's Mom for her birthday last year, she and my friend, both were very surprised and very pleased,(and yes tears were shed in Dragon's honor), Dragon hangs on their dining room wall. This was my very first non Bella painting and I was very pleased in how it turned out as I had only been painting for less than 4 months at the time I painted "Dragon", I painted it from a photo, adding a dragon to the background, both the painting and photo of Dragon are posted below.

Hope you enjoy it.

Dragon.jpgIMGP0160.JPG   

Beesmom123

Reply with quote  #67 
Hi Don, I love the stories about Bella's friends, and she surely is a force of nature, it's all in the 'attitude' as they say not the size  :)

The portrait of Dragon is beautiful and an extremely good likeness!
You have a gift and are very fortunate to have had your inspiration in the form of a wonderful one of a kind pup!!

Hope you're doing well this evening and Vera too
Take Care,
Diana

Reply with quote  #68 
Don, that is such a beautiful painting and likeness of Bella's friend Dragon. You have incredible talent. I enjoyed the stories of Dragon and Bella as well. It made me think that Bella is sure to have Coco as a friend at the bridge now!! The way you described how Dragon and Bella would come running, how adorable. That's how Coco would sound coming from anywhere, loud, with a big dog sound, just like Dragon. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!....................Sincerely, Andrea.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesmom123
Hi Don, I love the stories about Bella's friends, and she surely is a force of nature, it's all in the 'attitude' as they say not the size  :)

The portrait of Dragon is beautiful and an extremely good likeness!
You have a gift and are very fortunate to have had your inspiration in the form of a wonderful one of a kind pup!!

Hope you're doing well this evening and Vera too
Take Care,
Diana

So true Diana, while Bella was small in stature, she carried herself so big. I never really understood how they say dogs don't see size, but whenever we would visit my friend, Dragon's mom loved to hold Bella in her lap, Dragon would see this and then she would climb up and try to sit in her Mom's lap, it was so cute to see as Dragon was a bigger dog and didn't fit in her lap.

Thanks for your wonderful comments Diana, I am so happy to share these stories and great memories.

In Friendship, Don
MyBella

Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartofilis
Don, that is such a beautiful painting and likeness of Bella's friend Dragon. You have incredible talent. I enjoyed the stories of Dragon and Bella as well. It made me think that Bella is sure to have Coco as a friend at the bridge now!! The way you described how Dragon and Bella would come running, how adorable. That's how Coco would sound coming from anywhere, loud, with a big dog sound, just like Dragon. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!....................Sincerely, Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks you so much for such wonderful words, I truly appreciate it Andrea.

I am so happy you enjoy Bella's stories, I love sharing them. As I look through all the photos and movies I have of Bella I realize she truly did live a great life, she was so easy to take with me and being able to share and do everything together only enhanced my life as well, such a beautiful girl and such a gentle soul. I truly miss having her around.

I can see Coco, Dragon and Bella running the fields, two thundering powerful gallops echoing as the "tink tink,tink" of Bella following close behind. I love that image.

Thank you Andrea for all your support, it truly is so appreciated and you help me in so many ways with doing so, thank you.

In Friendship, Don
Manjack

Reply with quote  #71 
Yeah! Another Bella story! I think it is hilarious that other dogs were afraid of Bella, such a threat at 3 pounds.
I was quite moved to read about Dragon and how she laid by Bella's bed and their subsequent friendship.
Once again I have to comment on your talents, both the painting and your ability to write. THe painting is extraordinary and the likeness is startling.
Your Bella stories are heartwarming, funny and her personality shines through.
It sounds as if both Dragon and Bella lived charmed lives filled with love, humour and companionship.
Thank you so much for sharing the stories and the art. You made me smile this morning.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjack
Yeah! Another Bella story! I think it is hilarious that other dogs were afraid of Bella, such a threat at 3 pounds. I was quite moved to read about Dragon and how she laid by Bella's bed and their subsequent friendship. Once again I have to comment on your talents, both the painting and your ability to write. The painting is extraordinary and the likeness is startling. Your Bella stories are heartwarming, funny and her personality shines through. It sounds as if both Dragon and Bella lived charmed lives filled with love, humour and companionship. Thank you so much for sharing the stories and the art. You made me smile this morning.

Hi Manjack,
This is what Bella did and it is Bella still doing what she always did, making people smile.

Thank you so much for your wonderful heart touching comments, they are so truly appreciated. I am so happy to share Bella's life adventures, she truly made my life so much fun.
I know Oreo had his own moments with bigger dogs, so I knew you would get a kick out of Bella's story about how dogs couldn't get away from her fast enough, it was a sight to see, so funny.

Thank you again for your support, it means so much to me and helps me even more, thank you.

Your Friend, Don
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #73 
Thanks so much for posting on Dali's thread.  I have been reading your posts and smiling at the stories of your beautiful Bella.  Such a cutie!!!  and so tiny!  Your stories show your love for Bella and the impact Bella made on your life.  They truly are unconditional love and happiness and it is so hard to be without them.  Your poem and your picture of Bella are so comforting and adorable!  Thanks...  hugs to you and Bella from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

MyBella

Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalidog
Thanks so much for posting on Dali's thread.  I have been reading your posts and smiling at the stories of your beautiful Bella.  Such a cutie!!!  and so tiny!  Your stories show your love for Bella and the impact Bella made on your life.  They truly are unconditional love and happiness and it is so hard to be without them.  Your poem and your picture of Bella are so comforting and adorable!  Thanks...  hugs to you and Bella from me and Dali

Hi Dali's Mom,

Thank you for your wonderful words, I am so glad you enjoy Bella's stories, she sure knows how to make us smile doesn't she.

Yes, it is hard to be without them, as I know you miss your Dali as well, such beautiful girls that we were so fortunate to have in our lives.

Thanks again for your kind words,
Sincerely, Don & Vera
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #75 
Thanks so much Bella's mom and Dad..  I appreciate your post on Dali's thread.  When our angels leave us, they leave us different people.  Although I fed Wally before Dali left, feeding her has become such a priority for me now.  I also keep dog and cat food in my car at all times in case I see an animal in need.  I always loved animals, but seem to see how much they need us now (as well as how much we need them). 

I hope you are doing okay.  I love your stories and pictures of your Bella and yes, they always make me smile.  It is amazing how much they affect our lives.  I know how much you miss your Bella and how hard it is to be without them.  We were so lucky to have them for the time we did, and I know we will be with them again.  Take care...  hugs to you and Bella from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.