Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 96      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
MyBella

Reply with quote  #31 

Hi Manjack, I thought Bella was small but Mia was so tiny. I haven't heard of this Foundation,it was a touching video, thanks for sharing the information with me.

Don

jonancy

Reply with quote  #32 
What wonderful paintings with Bella. She definitely is tiny and by reading your posts very smart! I remember that drink from way back, haven't had one in ages maybe I will again one day.

Again, I loved reading your story and seeing the paintings.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
MyBella

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonancy
What wonderful paintings with Bella. She definitely is tiny and by reading your posts very smart! I remember that drink from way back, haven't had one in ages maybe I will again one day. Again, I loved reading your story and seeing the paintings. Take care, Jonancy...Scooters mama

Hi Jonancy, Thank you for your kind words, I am so glad you enjoy Bella's stories as I love to share them, she certainly made me a better person and helped me in so many ways. I know without her help, I would never have pursued art and I am so fortunate that the art studio had no problems with me bringing Bella there, she was a huge hit with everyone there. If you do decide to have a paralyzer and end up with a tummy ache.....get to the hospital right away, don't be like me.  ;-)
Here is the last painting I did of Bella, I called it "Bella's Siesta", I know when I start going to art again I will do more of her, but I'm not ready for that step yet.
Thanks for your kind words.
Don

"Bella's Siesta"      Below is a photo of me and Bella at art, she is 16 years old here.
Bella's Siesta.JPG IMG_1333.JPG 

ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #34 
Hello Don, I so enjoy seeing photo's and your paintings of Bella. She is so incredibly adorable! You really have captured her likeness and spirit in your work.  I hope you are doing well Don...........I know that my girl Coco is showing Bella the ropes at the bridge and acting as a strong guardian for her now................take care.........Sincerely, Andrea.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartofilis
Hello Don, I so enjoy seeing photo's and your paintings of Bella. She is so incredibly adorable! You really have captured her likeness and spirit in your work.  I hope you are doing well Don...........I know that my girl Coco is showing Bella the ropes at the bridge and acting as a strong guardian for her now................take care.........Sincerely, Andrea.

Thank you Andrea for your wonderful words. I am so glad you and others enjoy Bella's photos and paintings, I really like sharing them, so it is nice to get the positive feedback.
Thank you again Andrea, talk to you soon.
Sincerely, Don
Bella posing with her "Aztec Princess painting" it was still a work in progress when this photo was taken but Bella loved to come beside me while I painted.
IMG_00001039.jpg 
jonancy

Reply with quote  #36 
How darling! Bella is so cute posing with her paintings, she almost looks bashful in the top one. What a cutie!!! I can see why she was the star in the class. Thank you for sharing your paintings and the kind words on my thread. I wish I had talent like this to paint Scooter.

Take care,

Jonancy....Scooters mama
MyBella

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonancy
How darling! Bella is so cute posing with her paintings, she almost looks bashful in the top one. What a cutie!!! I can see why she was the star in the class. Thank you for sharing your paintings and the kind words on my thread. I wish I had talent like this to paint Scooter. Take care, Jonancy....Scooters mama

Thank you Jonancy for your kind words. You know, I only learned to paint just one year ago, believe me, if I can learn to paint I think almost anyone can.
Thanks again Jonancy for your kind words.
Sincerely, Don
Manjack

Reply with quote  #38 
As it is Wednesday I have been wondering how things are going with you today. I am hoping that you can find some moments of peace on this difficult journey we are on.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #39 
Heart of a Lion:

I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.....again. We have a large deer population here in Victoria, I pulled up to drop something off, Bella is with me of course, she is 6 years old and maybe 5 lbs at this time, I left the door of the car open as I was only going to be seconds, I have been here before numerous times and there are usually a few female deer hanging around, as there were this time as well, they never bothered me. I got about 20 feet from the car and I came face to face with a huge buck, full set of antlers, I thought oh no, not again. Why not again...well about a year or so earlier (before I got Bella) in this exact same spot I was attacked by a male deer, I think he was protecting the females. He was above me as I was on a sloping sidewalk, so when he attacked I ducked and he nailed me with his chest instead of his antlers, sent me flying into the building. To this day I can't lift my arm above my shoulder without pain.
Anyways, I stopped immediately, said "whoa boy, it's alright" while I held up my hands to show him they were empty, I'm slowly backing up. I was terrified, seriously terrified as this time we were on level ground and I had no where to go. Next thing I know Bella is right smack in between us, she is standing her ground, barking up a storm at this buck. I am yelling at her, "Bella, get over here!!!". I tried to grab her, but when I moved forward the buck snorts and looks likes he's going to charge me, if he does he will run right over Bella and that will be the end of her. So I am calling Bella to come to me, she doesn't, she barks 3 or 4 times at the deer, looks over her shoulder at me, turns toward the deer barks again 3 or 4 times, looks over her shoulder at me, I'm not moving, she is standing her ground, the buck is standing his ground. Bella again barks 3 or 4 times looks over her shoulder at me, I finally figured out she is waiting for me to get to the car, so I slowly start walking backwards toward the car, Bella is still barking and checking over at me, she is not moving. I finally get to the car, she sees that I am there and then turns and runs to the car, I grab her, jump in the car and hightail it out of there.
As we are driving away, Bella is in the passenger seat on her blanket, just so calm and cool, looking straight ahead like nothing has happened. I am giving her an earful, telling her "don't you ever do that again, you stay in the car, you could have been killed....don't you ever do that again".....then the reality of it all sinks in as I'm telling her off, I pull over and grab her in my arms and start kissing her and thanking her for what she did, telling her how brave she was. The ride home she is just sitting in her spot, like nothing happened, like this is an everyday event for her.
Man I love you Bella, you were fearless, you weren't afraid of anything, nothing ever fazed you, no matter the situation. I am so proud of you little girl, you sure knew how to take care of me.
Thank you Bella, I love you sweetheart. Love forever, your Daddy xoxoxoxoxoxo
Manjack

Reply with quote  #40 
MyBella,
Another wonderful story. It is no wonder you have such admiration for your little Bella.
My little dog on the other hand was extremely timid. I am not sure if this is typical of the poodle breed or if he had bad experiences before we adopted him. Closing the fridge door would make him jump.
I am taking your advice of focusing on happier times and trying to put the last 2 weeks of Oreo's aside for now.

The only time when Oreo was brave was when he encountered a dog 4 times his size while we were out walking. He was a barker and when he saw a big dog he would turn into a ferocious little bundle of aggression. I would typically pick him up and tell him he was silly. Thinking about those encounters makes me smile.

Bella was so smart and it is obvious she had a plan to save you. It is amazing how our pets can "talk " to us.

Your life has been so enriched by having had her for all those years together.
MyBella

Reply with quote  #41 
Thank you Manjack, I am so glad you enjoy Bella's adventures, she truly was one of a kind, she always amazed me.
I am glad you are going to focus on the happier times with you and Oreo, I love that Oreo would think big when around other big dogs, I bet it was a funny sight for you to see and experience.

Bella had something in her, other dogs were so afraid of her, I mean leaf shaking fear no matter the size, they would scatter when we would go on our walks, it was so funny to see. She never had to bark or anything, they would see her and couldn't get out of her way fast enough.

Stay in touch, and thank you again for your wonderful comments about Bella.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
nancynancy

Reply with quote  #42 
Don and Vera,
What a beautiful video!! The only thing positive about the loss of our beloved family members is the wonderful people and stories I come across. (I would much prefer Bella and my Zaki to still be with us, though!) Thank you for sharing and bringing a smile to my face!
Nancy and forever Zaki

MyBella

Reply with quote  #43 
Hi Nancy,
Thank you for your wonderful words, I am so glad you enjoyed the video and was able to bring a smile to your face.
You are absolutely correct in that there are so many wonderful people here, it sure does help knowing that others are here for support.
You provided Zaki a long wonderful life, you both were so fortunate to have each other, remember, Zaki is still with you, always by your side and forever in your heart.

Thanks again Nancy for your kind words.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
MyBella

Reply with quote  #44 

I love music,all types, love to sing along to my favorite songs and Bella would love to cuddle into me when I sang to her, she had a few favorites where she would just melt into my arms as I sang to her. The problem is, I don't have one ounce of musical talent in me, only me and Bella think I have a good voice and even then I'm not sure she would really admit that.
I wrote this song today in honor of Bella, I have the tune in my head but have no idea how to translate the music onto paper. Here are the lyrics, I titled it "Search Until The End of Time" I hope you enjoy it.

Search Until The End of Time

Dedicated To Bella
                                                                           By: Don Rands

You're my life, you're my heart, you surround me with your Love
You're my hope, you're the light, you now shine from up above
And I'll find you, I'll search until the end of time

You're my little girl, you're my best friend, you always gave me Love
You're my dreams, you're my soul, I now feel you from up above
And I'll find you, I'll search until the end of time....(the end of time)

No one's ever Loved me like the way you do, (like the way you do) 
Our hearts once beat as one and now they're split in two
I feel so empty, now... that you are gone (what are we waiting for)

You're the one, I know, I always will Love
I will look, for your guidance, from the stars way up above
And you saved me, I'll search until the end of time

You gave me hope when others didn't know what to do (to do)
You helped me out of darkness, when I... didn't..... know what to do

You're my hero, you're the one, I think of all the time
Never once, did you ask, for anything in return

No one's ever Loved me like the way you do, (like the way you do)
I look to the day, when we...... will meet again (what are we waiting for)

I will never ever forget, your cute, little face
Or how we loved to cuddle, in our favorite place
You came into my life, and stole my heart
I knew you were the one..... right... from the start

You're the one, who not only, enhanced my life
You're the one, who gave me, a brand new life
And I'll find you,.......I will search for you..... until the end of time...........
Manjack

Reply with quote  #45 
It is absolutely beautiful, such a tribute to your gorgeous girl.
What a wonderful, positive way to spend your Wednesday.
Diane
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.