Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 96      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
MyBella

Reply with quote  #16 
Bella absolutely LOVED going to the football field, my sons (twins) played football from pee wee to high school and they also coached and continue to coach today. I would say to Bella, "come on, the boys have football today" and she would get so excited, spin around in a circle and head for the door. She never ever strayed onto the field of play, it was like she knew from day one. Bella just loved to run around while they practiced or if they were playing in a game, she would actually stay right beside me and watch them from the sideline.
One time the boys were coaching, (for those that don't know, a football field is 100 yards plus the 2 end zones) It had rained quite a bit prior to this game and the grass was wet and long, it came up to my ankle, so on Bella it was way up past her chest, just under her chin, she looked like a lion in the tall grass. Bella and I are walking along up top of the field, to get to the football field you had to walk down a 40 yard slope and then another 40 or so yards until you got to the actually football field. Now Bella is my first and only dog, so I am still learning her behavior at this time, she is 6 years old at this time. She is doing her thing, walking along up top and then she starts sniffing the air, she then goes down the slope, stopping every once in a while to sniff the air, keeps walking along and goes to the far side of the football field, all the while sniffing the air. I am watching her still not too sure what she is up to. She walks along the sideline behind the benches, staying away from the playing surface and continues to walk until about the 45 yard line, she walks under the benches and then stops and stands there.....right behind my sons, I am floored, I can't believe that out of the more than 50 players and plus all the other coaches and spectators that this tiny little dog was able to sniff them out. I remember at the time after I watched all this unfold, thinking, "I either have the world's smartest dog or my sons really, really need showers."
Bella always amazed me with how smart she was, she truly made me smile and laugh each and every day, Thank you Bella for all the laughs and great times we shared together, I love you little girl.
Love forever, your Daddy.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Bella having a great time at football. Age 6 or 7

Picture 032.jpg 
ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #17 
Hello Don, I love your stories about Bella. Dogs do have an excellent sense of smell. I am sure that she got a good whiff of your boys which led her right to them.  Bella is such a cute dog. I can understand your affection for her. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you, Vera, and Bella.
   I know how very difficult the first few weeks are without them. My heart goes out to you. I have had many feelings similar to yours. It is normal Don, for the love we had for them, is the depth of grief we will feel. You are doing the best that you can.  Please take care of yourself.......................Sincerely, Andrea.
bobbysworld

Reply with quote  #18 
Don, thank you so much for sharing that video of you and beautiful Bella. Your story is truly inspiring and more proof of how amazing and life changing these babies can be when we let them into our hearts. On the downside of course is the immense pain felt when we lose them. But all of us who have had a special someone like Bella, like my Bobby, we are lucky to have had them for what seems like such a brief time. I am terribly sorry she is no longer with you but grateful she was there for you in your time of need. She was sent to you for a very important reason. She was very lucky to have you as well to give her such love. That video was honestly just amazing so again, thank you. Sending prayers to you and Vera.

P.S. the Aztec Princess was my favorite!!

-Brittany
Beesmom123

Reply with quote  #19 
Don
Thank you for sharing your stories of Bella. I am so very sorry for your loss
I just watched your video and was very moved by all the love between you two that is so very evident. It was a joy to see your artwork too , it is very good
I wish I had some talent in that area but alas I'm not even good at stick figures, really need a ruler :)

What a sweet darling your Bella is , it's understandable how much she is missed by you and Vera

Many wishes of peace and healing
Diana

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartofilis
Hello Don, I love your stories about Bella. Dogs do have an excellent sense of smell. I am sure that she got a good whiff of your boys which led her right to them.  Bella is such a cute dog. I can understand your affection for her. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you, Vera, and Bella.
   I know how very difficult the first few weeks are without them. My heart goes out to you. I have had many feelings similar to yours. It is normal Don, for the love we had for them, is the depth of grief we will feel. You are doing the best that you can.  Please take care of yourself.......................Sincerely, Andrea.

Hi Andrea, Thanks for your sweet words, they are so comforting at this time. It really surprised me with how Bella was able to find them, with her being so small and having such a tiny little nose,(her nose was the size of the tip of my finger) yet it never held her back, I loved seeing her thrive, and thrive she always did, it always made me smile.
Thank you again for your support Andrea, I wish you a fantastic Mother's Day.

In Friendship, Don & Vera
MyBella

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysworld
Don, thank you so much for sharing that video of you and beautiful Bella. Your story is truly inspiring and more proof of how amazing and life changing these babies can be when we let them into our hearts. On the downside of course is the immense pain felt when we lose them. But all of us who have had a special someone like Bella, like my Bobby, we are lucky to have had them for what seems like such a brief time. I am terribly sorry she is no longer with you but grateful she was there for you in your time of need. She was sent to you for a very important reason. She was very lucky to have you as well to give her such love. That video was honestly just amazing so again, thank you. Sending prayers to you and Vera. P.S. the Aztec Princess was my favorite!! -Brittany

Hi Brittany, Thank you ever so much for your wonderful comments about Bella, I am so glad you enjoyed her video. I am so sorry for your loss of Bobby, you are right, we are so lucky to have had them in our lives.
The Aztec Princess was my favorite as well, I had a lot of fun painting it, the symbols up above on the temple spell out "Bella" in Aztec and the symbols at the bottom are the Aztec symbol for Dog. I really enjoyed studying for this painting and then of course painting it. I named it "The Guardians" as the Warrior and his Black Panther in the background are the "Guardians" of Bella and her temple. One of my art teachers loved it so much she bought it, I honestly couldn't believe it when she approached me to buy it, I was so honored.
Thank you again Brittany for your wonderful sweet words, they are so appreciated at this time.

Stay in touch, Sincerely, Don & Vera

Here is the painting of Bella as an Aztec Princess: "The Guardians"

The Guardians.jpg 

MyBella

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesmom123
Don Thank you for sharing your stories of Bella. I am so very sorry for your loss I just watched your video and was very moved by all the love between you two that is so very evident. It was a joy to see your artwork too , it is very good I wish I had some talent in that area but alas I'm not even good at stick figures, really need a ruler :) What a sweet darling your Bella is , it's understandable how much she is missed by you and Vera Many wishes of peace and healing Diana

Thank you for your touching words Diana, it is so appreciated at this time. I am so glad you enjoyed the video, yes, my love for Bella really does shine through in it. I thought my animation teacher did such a wonderful job in capturing my love for her.
Like you, I couldn't draw either, but have always wanted to do a painting of Bella. I have no idea where it comes from, I never knew I could paint, so I am the most surprised in how well things turned out.
Bella truly was and still is today, my inspiration, I will always be ever so grateful in how she helped me.
Thank you again Diane for such wonderful comments, stay in touch.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Graceful

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Bella absolutely LOVED going to the football field, my sons (twins) played football from pee wee to high school and they also coached and continue to coach today. I would say to Bella, "come on, the boys have football today" and she would get so excited, spin around in a circle and head for the door. She never ever strayed onto the field of play, it was like she knew from day one. Bella just loved to run around while they practiced or if they were playing in a game, she would actually stay right beside me and watch them from the sideline.

I can't believe that out of the more than 50 players and plus all the other coaches and spectators that this tiny little dog was able to sniff them out. I remember at the time after I watched all this unfold, thinking, "I either have the world's smartest dog or my sons really, really need showers."
Bella always amazed me with how smart she was, she truly made me smile and laugh each and every day.

Now, listen to me, Don, as this needs to be said:  Bella was off the charts smart.  I have first-hand knowledge of this breed of dog, and as much as we loved her, KoKo could not have competed with Bella at this level.   (Note:  As far as spinning around in a circle, however, I have my Twirl, named after his capacity to twirl like nobody's business, so let's just leave it at that).  Yes, I am very competitive ... but I also love to kid, in case you can't tell)  :)

I would have been aghast seeing this little champ of a dog find your sons at a game as she did ... that is truly remarkable.   What's key, however, is that she is simply on her own plan.  

In all truth, though, many of us do anthropomorphize our pets just a wee bit (!) at times, and it is very important to realize that the two strongest senses in dogs are their sense of smell and hearing.   I can't remember how many hundreds it is, but it's hundreds of times more keen than with humans.   Still, for a little thing like Bella to be out in a crowd like that, at a game ... that's crazy, totally cra-a-a-zy.   Also adorable.

Awesome story -- cracked me right up.  Boggles the mind, your little Bella. 

In friendship (and with a heart-felt smile),
Grace and Twirl  xo

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

bobbysworld

Reply with quote  #24 
Don, would you mind if I shared the photo of the painting with some friends? It is too amazing for me not to want to show other people. And the story behind it just makes it more spectacular. I would have wanted to buy it as well so I am not surprised one of your art teachers did! I have always been interested in ancient cultures like the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. That is so cool that you researched and incorporated those symbols into your painting. I'm sure Bella was very proud of her daddy. She will no doubt be sending you more inspiration from Heaven. Thanks again for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration.

-Brittany
MyBella

Reply with quote  #25 

Now, listen to me, Don, as this needs to be said:  Bella was off the charts smart.  I have first-hand knowledge of this breed of dog, and as much as we loved her, KoKo could not have competed with Bella at this level.   (Note:  As far as spinning around in a circle, however, I have my Twirl, named after his capacity to twirl like nobody's business, so let's just leave it at that).  Yes, I am very competitive ... but I also love to kid, in case you can't tell)  :)

I would have been aghast seeing this little champ of a dog find your sons at a game as she did ... that is truly remarkable.   What's key, however, is that she is simply on her own plan.  

In all truth, though, many of us do anthropomorphize our pets just a wee bit (!) at times, and it is very important to realize that the two strongest senses in dogs are their sense of smell and hearing.   I can't remember how many hundreds it is, but it's hundreds of times more keen than with humans.   Still, for a little thing like Bella to be out in a crowd like that, at a game ... that's crazy, totally cra-a-a-zy.   Also adorable.

Awesome story -- cracked me right up.  Boggles the mind, your little Bella. 

In friendship (and with a heart-felt smile),
Grace and Twirl  xo

Hi Grace, Nobody in their right mind would have a spinning challenge against someone named Twirl and if they did....well I would feel sorry for them. I love that name.Thanks for your kind words Grace, I love sharing Bella's stories.

This wasn't the only time I experienced Bella's keen sense of smell. 6 years ago we went to my long time friend for a party, well late into the night or wee hours of the morning someone (probably me) decided we needed to drink vodka paralyzers, like we used to back in the day....waayyy back in the day. For those that don't know,this drink is made with equal parts vodka and Kahlua then adding equal parts milk and coke or pepsi, it is quite tasty. Well we drank quite a few of them. The next day I was not feeling well at all, my gut was killing me. As I got older I knew milk bothered me so I stopped drinking it, so I figured this pain was just the reaction to all the milk. It felt like I had a big gas bubble in my gut and all I needed was a nice big toot to feel better. While I laid in bed, Bella would come in and smell my stomach area and then she would start to scratch at it, I would tell her no and pull her up to my head area where she liked to lay, but back she went to my stomach, started sniffing and scratching at it, while I was confused as to why she was doing this, I would just pull her away again. This went on for 2 days, I was moaning in agony and Vera kept telling me, let's go to the walk-in and get you checked out. I'm stubborn, thinking it's just the milk, once I toot I will feel better. I am sweating and I am so hot, again I'm thinking this is because of all the alcohol we drank. By the 3rd afternoon, I am in so much pain and by now Bella is frantically scratching and almost digging at my stomach, she is actually hurting me with her nails. Vera says look, even she is telling you something is wrong...ok...let's go to the hospital, well the nurse takes my temperature, kind of looks confused, she walks away and comes back, Vera asks what's wrong? The nurse says the thermometer must be broken, she has a different one and takes my temp again, she now is alarmed, as my temp is 106, she says you are so lucky another degree and you would be in some serious trouble, turns out my appendix had burst, that is what the pain was and what Bella was smelling in my stomach, she was obviously worried and was telling me. When I came home I laid down in bed and the first thing Bella does is goes to my stomach, smells it and then walks away, obviously she didn't smell anything any more.
If not for her I would have stayed home longer and who knows what would have happened.
You always amazed me Bella, you looked out for Daddy and saved me in so many ways, thank you little girl for being the angel you are.
Love forever, your Daddy
xoxoxoxoxoxo
MyBella

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysworld
Don, would you mind if I shared the photo of the painting with some friends? It is too amazing for me not to want to show other people. And the story behind it just makes it more spectacular. I would have wanted to buy it as well so I am not surprised one of your art teachers did! I have always been interested in ancient cultures like the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. That is so cool that you researched and incorporated those symbols into your painting. I'm sure Bella was very proud of her daddy. She will no doubt be sending you more inspiration from Heaven. Thanks again for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration. -Brittany

Hi Brittany, Wow!!!! I would be absolutely honored if you wanted to share this painting with others, I am so touched that you do, thank you.
I also have an interest in the ancient Aztec and Maya cultures, they just seem to speak to me, not sure why, but I love reading about them and find it so fascinating, hence the reason I did Bella as an Aztec Princess. It only seems right that Bella, a Chihuahua of Mexican heritage would end up with me.
Thank you Brittany for your wonderful words, I am so truly honored.

Bella posing with her paintings in an art show last year, she is 16 years old:

photo.JPG              photo.JPG 

bobbysworld

Reply with quote  #27 
Don, thank you so much for sharing the photos!! I got your email, sorry I wasn't able to get on here again yesterday. I have a very good friend that I know will appreciate the paintings and the story of you and your Bella. My mom has a tea cup Chihuahua that our neighbor gave us years ago because she was moving to an apartment and they didn't allow dogs. Her name is Christmas but I call her Tootie. I don't share a bond with her like Bobby and I had, but she has a very special place in my heart. They really are remarkable dogs. The first time I met her it was only her and I in the house and she was scared. I went over to introduce myself and she bit me on the nose! I thought oh boy I do not like this dog. But she turned out to be a very sweet girl with a big heart. Again, thank you for the photos. I'm very excited to share them! Sending warm thoughts to you and Vera, and of course Bella.

-Brittany
loveucharlie

Reply with quote  #28 
What a beautiful little doggie, and such a lovely name 'Bella'

I am so so sorry for your loss. 

Even though all our beautiful pets are gone they will never be forgotten, 

They are alive in our hearts and souls and they will always live on through our memories.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Reply with quote  #29 
Thank you Lisa for your kind words about Bella, they are so appreciated at this time.
I am so sorry about your Charlie, he was far too young. He will always be in your heart and forever close to you. Thank you again for your words.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
Manjack

Reply with quote  #30 
Don
Have you heard of The Mia Foundation? As Bella was a chihuahua I thought you might be interested in their work. The video of little Mia made me cry long before we lost our pet but she was truly an inspiration.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.