Forum

Author   Comment   Page 96 of 96     «   Prev   93   94   95   96
littleguy

Reply with quote  #1426 
don

thank you for the beautiful and kind words and thoughts you left when visiting littleguys thread it just means everything to call you a friend as you have been such a wonderful one through one of the hardest times of my life and im forever greatful for that and always will be as several people on here have taught or shown the true meaning of a friend but mostly yourself ,Jackie and dawn and it is so selfless of all of  you to give so much and reach out to others even through your own hardship and pain and with that I understand how sweet bella could love her daddy as much as she did and still does and she will truly never leave your side as your love just continues to grow with every memory and thought ,and im sure my littleguys just having the best life ever with bella, jim and molly along with so many other fur babies now ,hugs to yourself ,vera and bella today and always.

littleguys mom  

Reply with quote  #1427 
Hi Don,

Just wanted to drop by and let you know you, Vera and Bella are being thought of.  It seems that perhaps your girl is branching out into the restaurant business - as Dawn has found the "Chihuahuas" - and of course she is absolutely right - it would be the "puprietors" would serve Bella's favourites - always with a cool side dish of coconut water ready!  Hope you are doing ok...and that each day brings a Bella moment - may you forever be touched by those soft, little paws - and may you find some comfort, some ease and the warmth of Bella's devotion and love helps get you through each of those days.  
Always a special friend with a wonderful heart and soul - Don, you and Bella are indeed an inspiration to strength and the power of fur love.

Take care - Many hugs for you.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #1428 
Hi Don

Yes! I’m with you for sure my Tankie has found your little girl because she was always the protector! I hope Bella doesn’t mind a shadow, Tank will be close enough to make one but she’s very respectful of her space🐾 So Ms Bella crushed the bad stigma of Fri the 13! You go girl! And since we know the moon has a special place in my heart I’m thrilled they both had a hand, or paw in it. The Micro🐾Mega moon it is from now on. Who says we can’t call it as we wish?!
I find strength in your words, thank you. You are such a wonderful person to so many. I know your heart still aches for your little girl and their’s a void that can never be filled but you push through and step outside of yourself to be there for us. That’s true empathy.-
It still feels like I’m just winging it. Fake it till you make it? Two yrs worth of moons are knocking at my door and I wonder iif it should be two years without her or two years closer to her. They both seem like forever.
Hoping you and Vera are doing good and in the best of health and Ms Bella is still enjoying her Sunday 🍹and🍦
She’s always will you, that bond can never be broken even when it feels dark, she’s you sunshine and strength. Sending bunches of warm fuzzies your way. Always your friend, Lynn,,,,,

Reply with quote  #1429 
Hi Don,  As I was thinking of Diana today of course you have also come to my mind.  I hope you are having a healthy, happy autumn season.  Your Bella will always be special, she was such a lionhearted little girl and the joy she brought you and then all of us through your stories, she will always be remembered.  I always think of you with thankfulness for your kindness and support through these years.  Just wanted to remind you how grateful I am for your friendship.  Your friend, Marlene

Reply with quote  #1430 
Hello Don, Thank you for remembering me on this 5 year anniversary.  My memories of Shanti will always be happy ones and if there is a part that brings sadness it is only because of what an extraordinary creature he was.
You have been such an encouragement through these years and your sharing of your life with Bella have brought many smiles.  Today I am remembering one where Bella flicked water on Vera because she wanted to get into the water glass.  That is a classic and it makes me smile whenever I think of it.
Sable is just wonderful, although she refuses to do her exercise routine she does roll over to let me see what a wide belly she has managed to obtain though her strenuous efforts to eat and sleep.  And because she does show me her belly I can certainly give her a belly rub in your name.
I am hoping this finds you and Vera in good health.  My wishes for you are always for health and happiness.  You are truly a blessing to me and so many others. Your friend,  Marlene

Reply with quote  #1431 
Happy Halloween Bella,

Hope you and your friends have such a fun filled Halloween with all the treats and ice cream your little tummy can hold, Halloween hasn't been the same without you here, I miss how we would walk around the neighbourhood, seeing all the different costumes and I especially miss going to friendship garden, everyone there knew your name, and yet they couldn't remember mine, and that didn't bother me in the least, they would call me "Bella's Dad", I wore that name proudly, I loved being Bella's Dad, now I feel like a part of my identity is missing, you are that missing part Bella.
I haven't written to you on here for a while Bell, but don't ever think that you are forgotten, you run through my dreams every time I close my eyes, you are in my thoughts throughout the day, every day. I miss us, I miss doing everything with you, you made going anywhere so easy, thank you for all you did for me little girl, I always wonder if you even knew how you helped me, how you saved me and how you brought laughter back into my life, oh boy did you ever know how to make me laugh Bella, especially with your feisty attitude, oh how I loved the ways you and Mom would argue, I smile and laugh out loud thinking of those moments, you gave us so much to cherish Bella, you truly are so deeply missed little girl.
Now go run Bella, run like the wind little girl, run so fast like you love to do. Nothing made me happier than seeing you run so freely and happily on the open field, those moments I dream of.
I Love you Bella, you are and always will be my sweet, sweet little girl, for eternity Bell, that I promise.
Love Forever, your proud Daddy
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"So let the light guide your way... yeah
Hold every memory as you go
And every road you take, will always lead you home..... home"

I made this Halloween "doppelganger" of Bella using a squash and a little pumpkin for the head. As you can see, Bella is not impressed at all and even refused to look at me so I could get a photo, but she eventually and reluctantly looks my way, Bella has that "take the picture already......I can't believe you think that looks like me" look on her face, she never, ever failed to make me laugh, a special talent for such a sweet little girl.
Bella is 16 years old here and weighed just over 3 pounds.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Halloween, may your babies find the most wonderful ways to let you know they are forever close, listen to your heart, the heart just seems to knows.

Bella Halloween 2.JPG IMG_0818.JPG  IMG_0816.JPG 
Bella in her hoodie, she is 17 years old here, her tongue hung out after her first stroke years earlier, she miraculously recovered and went on to live a full life of fun and adventures for another 4 years, I would put $5 in her pocket so she always had her own spending money for puppy treats, making sure to replace that $5 after she spent it.

IMG_7165.JPG

Links to our website and YouTube channel where I tell the funny stories of Bella and her adventures while I paint, plus the CBC documentary about me and Bella, titled "Bella and Don"

shantismom

Reply with quote  #1432 
Don, I love these pictures, she was a feisty little girl for sure.  Always loved, forever missed our babies.  Marlene

Reply with quote  #1433 
Don, I always love those Halloween pictures of Bella, they bring smiles to my heart. Such a good girl to stand there and wait for those pictures. I do think of her often, and what she did for you and how her life and love has lifted so many people here on the forum and around the world. What a blessing to have her in our life. There are three little words you mentioned in your post that carries so much love and meaning, you said 'I miss us'. These little souls complete us, they make us whole, they bring so much joy. I know what you mean when you said that. I so miss the 'us'. Thank you for sharing these pictures and the stories. I'm sure our little girls will be looking in on us this Halloween, after all, they are the sweetest blessings we ever had.

YOur friends, Charlie and Deborah

Reply with quote  #1434 

‘Every road you take, will always lead you home.....home’
i love this verse in your song to your ’little girl’ Bella❣️

She’s such a little bundle of attitude looking at the doppelganger! 

Don it really is amazing how well she recovered from the stroke and I’m sure your love and devotion to her made it possible. Along with all the tenacity wrapped up in her barely 3 pound body! 

The ache, the endless pit in the stomach, the daily, hourly, minute by minute feeling of loss,,,,,
remembering with a smile or chuckle, laced with tears.  Than we wake up and do it again knowing if we had known our future back than, if we were given the choice, we would choose them, again and again we would take this pain all over again. Just to be with them. 

your little girl may run like the wind though the fields she loves, but she’ll always turn around and “every road she takes, will always lead her back to you, Don”
your friend always, Lynn

Reply with quote  #1435 
Hi Don, I love Bella`s Halloween photo`s - you can read her mind as she looks on in bemusement at her doppleganger!!      Halloween is one of those special times we shared with our best little friends - as you know Jim adored chocolate treats ( doggy only ones), so we would have a bucket of sweets for all the little neighbourhood wizards and witches, and a box of "Jim only" treats, but he always tried his very best to nosey into the childrens bucket too.....        I`m going to echo what Charlie picked up on in your post, when you wrote "I miss us" - those 3 little words just sum up everything really.....   That wonderful relationship we shared with our furry friends is so hard to explain to "non animal people", but to those of us lucky enough to have had that special bond, there is such a sense of loss when we lose them that it is almost beyond words... 

Thank you so much for sharing Bellas story with us, and believe me Don - Bella knows she will never be forgotten!  She was and remains an inspiration to you, and she remains your best "Little girl" always...       Give my very best to Vera, and have a wonderful weekend!

Your friend,  Jackie x

Reply with quote  #1436 
Hi Don,  Halloween always reminds me now of your doppelgänger pumpkin and little Bella.  Love, love, love the photos and of course the unimpressed look on her face.  I can imagine you laughing as you snap the photos.  Thank you so much for sharing your precious girl with us.  I know we will forever “Miss us” with each of our little loves.

Big hugs to you three from us three,

Randy, Dawn and Molly

Reply with quote  #1437 
Don, I just want to share with you something that happened this Halloween.  Halloween was always a favorite with Shanti, he would climb up to the top of his Kitty Condo and watch the children come and go.  This year after the trick or treating was over Sable came out and climbed up to the top of the Kitty Condo, she never does this.  The last time was probably when she was a kitten and chasing Shanti.  Then Friday she climbed up there 4 or 5 times.
She has not done it since but it was just so strange that on Halloween she would climb up.  I thought you would like to hear about this.  Your friend, Marlene

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.