Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 96      1   2   3   4   Next   »
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #1 
I am not emotionally ready to write Bella's story just yet, I have started a few times only to find it too difficult to continue. She passed away on April 15th 2015, Bella was a 3 lb. almost 18 year old Chihuahua, she was was my constant companion who helped me immensely with day to day activities. It was because of Bella that I started to take art lessons almost a year ago now and I also learned how to do animation, I even did a little animation movie revolving around Bella as my first project, Bella was truly my inspiration in my painting and my movie, without her I know I would never have been able to achieve what I have done so far.
This is an interview that my animation teacher did of me and Bella for a documentary that he made, I thought he did such a wonderful job in showing my love for my little girl. I hope you enjoy it.


0
ahartofilis

Registered:
Posts: 1,315
Reply with quote  #2 
Hello Don and Vera,  I am so sorry for the loss of your adorable Bella. I really enjoyed seeing her in this video. I can see that she was a well loved companion. I also think that your art work is very good. What a beautiful tribute to your girl.
 I understand how very much you miss her. It's amazing how such a little precious soul can impact our lives. It seems that Bella contributed greatly to your life and healing process. I currently work with folks that have T.B.I.'s  I know how beneficial it can be to have the companionship of a furbaby.
  You did a wonderful job with the video. It seems that you captured Bella's wonderful personality in your artwork. I hope that you find comfort, peace, and healing here in the days ahead. Again, I am very sorry for your loss...........take care..........Sincerely, Andrea.
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for your heart felt words about Bella, they are so greatly appreciated at a time like this. I think it it so awesome that you work with people with brain injuries, what a wonderful person you are. Bella came into my life after my injury and even though Bella was never officially trained, she knew exactly how to help me, how...I will never know, but she knew and help me she did. Bella made the difference in my being able to face day to day activities, as having her with me helped keep me calm in confusing and sometimes very frustrating situations. She truly made a big difference for me each and every day, for that I will always be extremely grateful to her.
Thank you again for all your generously kind words Andrea, they truly are comforting and it is so wonderful to hear about your work.

Don & Vera 
0
AliceM

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 178
Reply with quote  #4 
Don and Vera, what a beautiful girl your Bella is. The video is so touching and your love for her shines throughout.  My loss is almost 2 months old now and I have to say the days do get easier.  You never forget them but the pain does diminish somewhat. I want to do a tribute to my Cali with her picture framed along with the Rainbow Bridge card that was enclosed with a sympathy card from her vet but am not yet feeling strong enough to do it. Your artwork is amazing and I know it has to be so therapeutic on so many levels.  I hope your heart begins to heal soon and that one day i the future, we can all read Bella' story.
Alice
0
Graceful

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #5 
Don,
The video brought tears to my eyes; it is outstanding, that's all there is to it.   It is so poignant to hear your words, and to see how you captured Bella's spirit in so many unique paintings.

I especially loved the scene where you are painting in the foreground, with Bella sitting on a blanket in the background.   You seem like two bookends who belonged together.   I hope the paintings give you some comfort in your time of mourning.   My kitty, Twirlie passed to eternity almost 4 months ago, and I have loads of adorable photographs, but have not been able to create an album just yet.   It's so great that you have your paintings, and made that stride when you had the chance.   It's so important to take the bull by the horns (and you painted a bullfighter, so you know) in life, and take those steps, especially when they are creative.

You certainly have a lovely and loving spirit, that is apparent in the video.   Your life with Bella sounds extraordinary.   Thank you for giving us a chance to see a glimpse of it by posting the video.  It was absolutely beautiful. 

In friendship,
Grace xo

__________________

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

0
Gertie

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #6 
 
We Know You Are With Us. A Poem From You:
I Haven't Left At All
I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs 
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh; 
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow 
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know; 
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall 
I want to help you understand I haven't left at all.
On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief 
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief. 
When you take our walking path I've seen you turn around 
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.
At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side 
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie. 
You said it's just your heart playing tricks upon your mind 
But rest assured I'm really there, my spirit's left behind.
I know your heart is hurting; it's like an open sore 
You think my life has ended and you won't see me anymore. 
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It's really the eternal beginning that waits for us all 
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await 
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven's gate.



Don, Please know Bella is near, watching over you. I found this poem I think if Bella could talk to you, this is what she would say.

The pain will ease with time, the memories and love last forever.


Photograp
0
ahartofilis

Registered:
Posts: 1,315
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for your heart felt words about Bella, they are so greatly appreciated at a time like this. I think it it so awesome that you work with people with brain injuries, what a wonderful person you are. Bella came into my life after my injury and even though Bella was never officially trained, she knew exactly how to help me, how...I will never know, but she knew and help me she did. Bella made the difference in my being able to face day to day activities, as having her with me helped keep me calm in confusing and sometimes very frustrating situations. She truly made a big difference for me each and every day, for that I will always be extremely grateful to her.
Thank you again for all your generously kind words Andrea, they truly are comforting and it is so wonderful to hear about your work.

Don & Vera 


Hello Don, I just wanted to reply and say Thank-You for the kind words. I enjoy what I do and it means the world to me when I am able to make a difference in someones life. You wrote that you will never know how Bella knew how to help you. I feel that she was able to get through to you because her precious soul demonstrated pure unconditional love when you may of needed it the most. It is that kind of love that can make us calm, take the confusion away, ground us, make us feel like a person. I am so happy that you allowed her to do that for you. You were surely blessed by her. In turn you learned to love her and I am sure that it has been very helpful and healing to you through the years.
  I would often tell people that I find the greatest joy from spending time with my beloved pets, the people that I work for, and my granddaughter. I have wondered why this is so. I believe that it is because this is where I have found the purest most beautiful hearts!! Bella was also blessed to have you and the love between the two of you will always live on. You can count on that Don.............take care of yourself...............Sincerely, Andrea
   
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceM
Don and Vera, what a beautiful girl your Bella is. The video is so touching and your love for her shines throughout.  My loss is almost 2 months old now and I have to say the days do get easier.  You never forget them but the pain does diminish somewhat. I want to do a tribute to my Cali with her picture framed along with the Rainbow Bridge card that was enclosed with a sympathy card from her vet but am not yet feeling strong enough to do it. Your artwork is amazing and I know it has to be so therapeutic on so many levels.  I hope your heart begins to heal soon and that one day i the future, we can all read Bella' story.
Alice


Hi Alice,
Thank you so much for your heartfelt words, they truly mean so much at this time. I am so sorry for the loss of your Cali, I think your idea for Cali's tribute is a wonderful idea and I understand completely when you say you are not feeling strong enough yet, this is a most difficult time and you can not rush the grieving process.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about my art and I am so glad you enjoyed the video of Bella, she truly was my world and she is missed tremendously.

Thank you again Alice,
Sincerely, Don & Vera
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful
Don,
The video brought tears to my eyes; it is outstanding, that's all there is to it.   It is so poignant to hear your words, and to see how you captured Bella's spirit in so many unique paintings.

I especially loved the scene where you are painting in the foreground, with Bella sitting on a blanket in the background.   You seem like two bookends who belonged together.   I hope the paintings give you some comfort in your time of mourning.   My kitty, Twirlie passed to eternity almost 4 months ago, and I have loads of adorable photographs, but have not been able to create an album just yet.   It's so great that you have your paintings, and made that stride when you had the chance.   It's so important to take the bull by the horns (and you painted a bullfighter, so you know) in life, and take those steps, especially when they are creative.

You certainly have a lovely and loving spirit, that is apparent in the video.   Your life with Bella sounds extraordinary.   Thank you for giving us a chance to see a glimpse of it by posting the video.  It was absolutely beautiful. 

In friendship,
Grace xo


Hi Grace,
Thank you ever so much for you wonderful words, they really mean so much to us as this time.
I am so sorry for the loss of your Twirlie, I know how hard it must be for you as well. I love your idea of making a photo album, as time heals your heart, you will be able to create the perfect album with your memories of Twirlie.
I am so glad you enjoyed the video of Bella, she is such a gentle soul, who made me a better person. I always enjoyed (as did everyone at art) bringing Bella to art as she was so popular with everyone there and she truly helped me in more ways than even I realize. Thank you Grace for your warm heartfelt words, I am honored to be able to share Bella's video with others.
Thanks again,
Sincerely, Don & Vera
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie
 
We Know You Are With Us. A Poem From You:
I Haven't Left At All
I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs 
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh; 
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow 
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know; 
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall 
I want to help you understand I haven't left at all.
On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief 
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief. 
When you take our walking path I've seen you turn around 
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.
At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side 
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie. 
You said it's just your heart playing tricks upon your mind 
But rest assured I'm really there, my spirit's left behind.
I know your heart is hurting; it's like an open sore 
You think my life has ended and you won't see me anymore. 
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It's really the eternal beginning that waits for us all 
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await 
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven's gate.



Don, Please know Bella is near, watching over you. I found this poem I think if Bella could talk to you, this is what she would say.

The pain will ease with time, the memories and love last forever.


Photograp

Thank you for such a beautiful poem, it really touched us and it is perfectly fitting at this time.
Thank you for your kind words, I believe this is exactly what Bella would say to me, she had such a beautiful soul and kind heart. I know in time, the pain will lessen, the hardest part are these first few weeks, I am always looking for her expecting her to be there, the emptiness is shattering.
Thank you again for your sweet poem and words, they are greatly appreciated at this time.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #11 

I was renovating the 1/2 bathroom and it is giving me some trouble, older house things don't match with today's products,so I have to make a lot of modifications to things. I'm not a carpenter or plumber but am somewhat handy but I got so frustrated with this bathroom that I quit on it a few times and finally, FINALLY I was able to figure it all out and everything came together and I finished the bathroom, I think it looks GREAT and I am proud of myself. So I sit down on the couch and Bella is there in her spot,(this is a few weeks before she passed and she is now blind). I tell her how I finally finished the bathroom and I think it looks pretty good, but maybe it needs her inspection, well she sits up, goes down her puppy steps from the couch (remember she is blind now, Vet said maybe she can see shadows) walks through the living room, through the dining room turns right into the kitchen, (by now I am curious as to what she is up to, so I follow her). She walks and turns left into the laundry area (I call Vera to come see this) and then she turns right and goes right to the bathroom and stops, looks inside and then goes inside the bathroom and walks around a bit, then comes out and goes back to the couch. Man did we laugh,Bella always did things like this, she made me laugh each and every day, I found her to be so smart and man was she such a good listener. We had to be careful what we would say around her as she seriously understood us, I found myself spelling things out to Vera so Bella wouldn't know what I was talking about. She was so funny and I loved every second we were together.
I really miss her sense of humor, she truly kept me going each and every day.
I love you Bella, thanks for all the laughs and love you gave me.
Love forever, your Daddy
xoxoxoxo

0
Graceful

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBella
Man did we laugh,Bella always did things like this, she made me laugh each and every day, I found her to be so smart and man was she such a good listener. We had to be careful what we would say around her as she seriously understood us, I found myself spelling things out to Vera so Bella wouldn't know what I was talking about. She was so funny and I loved every second we were together.
I really miss her sense of humor, she truly kept me going each and every day.
I love you Bella, thanks for all the laughs and love you gave me.
Love forever, your Daddy
xoxoxoxo


Hi Don,
Now you see, this is concisely why I come here, for posts like this.   I love the celebrations of the sweet little lives that we shared with our pets, and the ability to describe a scene such as this one not only cracked me up, but it makes it all the more clear why you shared such a close and loving bond with that little girl, Bella.   It really is astounding that a tiny, itty-bitty dog like Bella could have such a big personality.  
I used to crack up on a daily basis, too, with my Twirlie.   There were some very naughty things that he did in addition to the purely hilarious things, but I had to laugh over them regardless  (behind his back, of course).   If I accidentally stepped on his tail or tripped over him, he'd run for a second, but the second I said, "I'm sorry, honey!" he would turn right around, twirl, and then lie  on his back for me to rub his tummy.  He never held a grudge.

It is so clear why you loved "every second" of your time together.   And, um, congratulations on a job well-done on your bathroom; what a relief to know that Bella didn't turn you in for any code violations.  :)

In friendship, and with fond regards to you and Vera.
Grace and Twirl

__________________

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Grace, I am so happy to have a place to be able to share Bella's stories, she was such a fun loving girl who literally stole my heart and I am so glad she did. As for code violations, I seem to remember she requested prime rib for dinner that night.....must have been a payoff.
You were lucky with Twirlie, I never knew a cat that didn't hold a grudge, so cute that he would surrender to a belly rub. It sure is nice that we had such wonderful companions who knew how to make us laugh, we are so blessed to have had them in our lives. I thought I would share Bella one story at a time rather than try telling her life story all at once, easier on me and especially for those that may want to read them.
Thank you Grace for your wonderful words, stay in touch.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
0
Jimbo106

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,287
Reply with quote  #14 
Dear Don and Vera;  I'm sorry for your loss, it's easy to see how much of your hearts belong to her. The first video with her curled up in her blanket is so adorable. She was a star in Mexican hat dance! I admire your talent, I am able to draw stick figures....poorly.

I also broke my girl's story up over many installments....and it's still in progress. It's hard to sum up on one page how much of our memories belong to them.  They tend to come out in their own time. Some out of longing and some out happiness. I was thrilled when I finally got a picture of a rainbow I could call Jamie's. I look forward to learning more about Bella.

Jim

__________________
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/JAMIE008/Resident.htm
0
MyBella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,396
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Jim,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, yes Bella is a star and always has been in my eyes, I thoroughly enjoyed learning art and animation with my little girl, she truly is my inspiration.
I am so glad you enjoyed the videos, they are something I now will be able to treasure for life.
I am so sorry for the loss of your Jamie, I will be sure to check out her memorial. A memorial is something I also want to do for Bella but have yet to be able to emotionally get to it, but I will.
Thank you again for your wonderful words, it is so appreciated at this time.
Sincerely, Don & Vera
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.