Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 16      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #31 
Would you like me to tell you when she finishes her book so you can get a copy?
Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #32 
My Baby Angel knows just what to say.
But Grace lived on Grace terms—
She would only say what she meant.

Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #33 
I am glad that Grace could help you.
Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #34 
Here is an illustration from Grace’s book.
She is a pretty good artist.

Attached Images
jpeg 2B0DBDC6-A825-4A4E-A18A-B961D5175E70.jpeg (851.35 KB, 3 views)

Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #35 
I have both Anna and Grace’s collars on those flickering wax candles-
I turn them on every night and think of them.

Attached Images
jpeg 511B7554-2242-4870-B9BA-EEAE00038F4B.jpeg (1.51 MB, 2 views)

Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #36 
Grace is very social.
She has already spoken to Mitookie.
He is just fine.

Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #37 
Oh-
And Grace said that you are welcome.
Talk to her anytime.

catiebee

Reply with quote  #38 
I'm sorry the grief continues to be so sharp. You sure are, you are very normal, in light of the loss you're experiencing. There's no right or wrong way to grieve and grief seems to have its own time table for each of us with each loss. Grief does have its way with us, to get us to feel and heal and move through it. But sheesh, why does it have to all hurt so much?

I would be interested to know, how did you choose the name Mitookie? I think it's delightful and wondered whether there's a story behind it.

May your heart be comforted tonight...

RileysMom

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebee
I would be interested to know, how did you choose the name Mitookie? I think it's delightful and wondered whether there's a story behind it...

I agree and have been wondering that myself. Would love to hear more about your Mitookie. :-)
Wishing good things your way and hoping for some peace in your heart.

Mollysmomforever

Reply with quote  #40 
Dear Marina, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Mitookie.  You are not alone in having trouble concentrating at work, feeling physically unwell, etc.  I just lost my Molly 2 days ago, so, I know I just have to keep moving forward and do my best to weather this storm.  I will hold her in my heart forever, just as you will do with your Mitookie.  It does help to think about them at the Rainbow Bridge.  I sincerely hope and pray that we will all see our sweet pets again someday.  In the meantime, prayers and hugs to you as you move through this difficult time. 

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #41 
Gracesmom I would love to know when Grace's book is done and the art work is absolutely beautiful.  Grace is beautiful. 

Catie and RileysMom, I had a friend years ago who was originally from Israel and spoke fluent Hebrew (and English of course).  She got Mitookie and his sister as part of a deal at a garage sale. The guy told her she could have what she wanted for free if she took the two kittens.  She had an adult Siamese cat and thought the two little ones would keep him company.  All they did was tear up her house and make the adult cat miserable.  Any time I went to her house and sat on the couch little Mitookie (whose name was Cookie at the time) would climb into my crook of my arm, tuck his little head into my elbow and purr loudly until he fell asleep. She had to find them homes and someone wanted the female (Mitookie's sister also looked like a Siamese but was more splotchy, Mitookie looked full-on Siamese).  Naturally I didn't hesitate to say I'd take the boy (even though I already had 3 cats at home).  Well, my friend's kids were still living in Israel and when she spoke to one or the other of them on the phone she would call them mitookie.  I asked her what that meant and she said it meant like "sweetie" and was a term of endearment.  It isn't spelled the same way, but from then on, I called him Mitookie, or Tookie for short.  I used to joke with my friends that he was a Jewish Siamese and they would look at me kind of suspect, until I told them the story, and that my cat understood Hebrew.  Which I can't speak, by the way.  I will always thank my dear friend for giving me such a great gift, even if she thought I was just doing her a favor.

Reply with quote  #42 
That is a dear and wonderful story about how you came to have him and to name him Mitookie! It certainly sounds like he picked you and how cool is that? I love it. Thank you so much for sharing that part of your journey with us.  And I love that--a Jewish Siamese boy, lol!  I'm so thankful for the delight he turned out to be for you. Which makes this time that much harder. *big sigh*  You're in my thoughts today.
ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #43 
Thank you Catie!  I hope you have a better day today.  Marissa would want that for you.  Bless you my friend.

Reply with quote  #44 
That is a great story! I love the name because the sound of it seems so fitting for a Jewish Siamese cat that understands Hebrew. What a beautiful blessing!

catiebee

Reply with quote  #45 
I hope you got through your day and evening okay, Marina!  Keep taking care of you!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.