ForMitookie_03 Show full post »
Purzel
Lovely Marina,

I hope your days are better by now and you do not have to work that much anymore. Thank you so much for leaving a lovely note on Max's thread - I had to smile when you described the weather there and put a temperature of 80 degrees. I knew then and there it was Fahrenheit, lol (convert 80 into Celsius....). We are in spring with flowers out and birds singing and here my garden is calling me each and every day for the yearly battle.

I understand very well the overwhelming nature of a UGA as it is sneaking up on me also every now and then. I guess we will miss our beloved ones forever and moments like this will just happen - we love them so much, how can we not miss them? I talk to Max on a daily basis which gives me comfort.

How is your little garden doing? Is everything starting to grow? How is sweet Moses?

We have not talked about Spree in a long time and how much I would love to have dinner with you with all kinds of goodies on our table.

Big fat hugs

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Dear Marina,

I so hope the long, exhausting onslaught at your workplace has let up! We are knocking at the door of April, so I hope nothing else has been added to the massive responsibilities you've been shouldering for eons. And I hope the HOA isn't absorbing every molecule of your remaining time. Are you gone from the board for good now?   What a hard, fatiguing year it's been for you. Plus the physical ordeal!  Are things improving with the medical issues? My heart has ached for you and all you've been going through. 

I'm also hoping there haven't been any more monster UGAs to leap out of a drawer or closet or goodness knows where. I know how those can knock a person to their knees, though. 

Thank you for your friendship here--I hope you know you've been a real blessing!

I hope this spring you'll be able to get out and dig in the dirt, visit with your son and some friends, or do whatever nurtures your soul. And that you'll be able to take care of yourself, not solely work on different entities' huge to-do lists. 

Hoping to hear of some ease coming your way. Hugs and more hugs!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Dearest Marina,

How are you? Time flies and we are already into spring - I try to imagine your little garden to be a jungle by now, lol. And I hope you didn't open any drawers.

I send many fresh hugs your way

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Purzel
Marina, dearest

Thank you so much for your kind and loving words on Max's thread. It is May and everything turned green, it is like a miracle every time and I can't get enough of seeing and feeling spring, such a lovely season of the year. I hope you are doing well and not working too much. I hope you have time to relax and drift off into sweet memories of Mitookie with some real Spree right next to you. How is Moses doing?

Big fat hugs

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
catiebee
You are very often in my thoughts, Marina. I dearly hope life in your neck of the woods is getting easier. I'm thankful to hear your work load is at least some better. 

Thank you so much for your post on my thread a couple weeks ago. I hope to return and write again there soon, but it's certainly been awhile. 

We gratefully missed out on hail this spring, but rains are a-coming this week and I imagine some of that may be heading your way also. Seems like the lakes always need to fill back up again. 

I hope you have some time to get outside before the worst of the heat arrives. I almost count the days once the blasting furnace weather comes, till when I think it will end, lol. 

You are a brave one, soldiering on with the HOA for another year!

Big, warm hugs to you, friend! Hope Moses is doing well and that you're having some good visits with family and friends to balance all the work and stresses.

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Well, I haven't been on my own thread since I don't know when.  Time just gets away from me so easily.  I've been going through some pretty significant events lately.  I found out in March that I may not be able to keep my job.  Not because of anything I've done, but because the hospital was considering taking over the contract that they pay the medical school for my position and they wanted me to come and work for them (the hospital).  Doing so would have meant losing my retirement, time off, great benefits, having to change healthcare providers, among other things.  I finally found out early this month that my Chief Surgeon that I work for convinced the powers that be at the Hospital, to let me keep my position at the Medical School.  So thankful for that.  Then the HOA saga got ridiculously out of control.  Elections were two weeks ago and I missed getting back on the Board by one vote but I am not the least bit saddened or disappointed.  I really needed to get off of that Board.  It was like working a second job!!  My fellow Board Members and I got some major changes in place before some of us were voted off.  Changes for the better.  We hired a new and much more effective management company.  I kind of felt like my work here is done and I finally get to sit back and enjoy the benefits of all the hard work we put in.  During the last two days of my time on the Board, we had a major water main bust and the community was without water for two solid days.  I went and bought gallons upon gallons of water so the residents could continue flushing toilets and have fresh water to drink.  We have a lot of very elderly people that live here so I felt they really could use the help.  Most folks were appreciative, but others were downright rude and angry at us, like it was all our fault the main water line broke.  It couldn't be avoided.  I live in a very old community.  The water lines were bound to give out sooner or later.  It just came at a very bad time. 

Now that I know my job is secure and I have much more time without having to serve on that pesky Board, I would like to get another kitty.  I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  Every time I start looking at kitties on the adoption sites I just begin to feel incredibly sad.  Like as if I know I'm still trying to fill a space in my heart that can never be filled.  I guess I will just have to take my time and maybe I will know when the time is right.  And hopefully when I see the right kitty I will know.  For now, I just have to continue to enjoy Moses for the lovely fur baby that he is.  Unfortunately the pain of losing Mitookie is still very real and very apparent.  I found some more of the medicine I received to bring home on the very day he passed.  I felt angry all over again.  He never got to use it.  Never got to feel better.  I don't want to dwell on that day.  Not today.  Not ever.  I just want to think that my sweet boy is watching over me and waiting for when we get to cuddle again.  I can't wait to see you again Mitookie.  There will never be another you as long as I am alive. 

Well, time to go read some more, or maybe keep surfing adoption sites to see if a kitty catches my eye and interest.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Dearest Marina,

How good to hear from you once again and especially the good news that after all you can keep your position at the Medical School. I can imagine what a relief this must have been for you. And finally you are off the HOA with a good solution for everybody. It must be a good feeling that you have accomplished so much for the Board but now you have more time for yourself. Time you definitely deserve.

I understand very well the emotions that live inside of you considering the new kitty and the still ongoing grief for sweet Mitookie. We both know that Mitookie can never be replaced and will always have his throne inside your heart but I am also very sure that the day come and you will feel that this special little kitty is the one for you and so it will be. Something new, a new chapter in your life, dear friend.

Thank you so much for your lovely post on Max’s thread – I really did enjoy to see the dog’s and cat’s city, lol. Spring is here, ever so lovely and Max is of course always with me.

Have a lovely spring time and enjoy your new freedom with less work and more time to yourself.

Big fat hugs – and...... Spree and me

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Purzel
Dearest Marina,

I come here to honor sweet Mitookie. Two years passed and it's his second angelversary. I wonder where time went. I also wish to thank you for your visit on Max's thread - so lovely to hear from you and your lovely little garden. I am so sorry to hear about your not so good health condition and hope everything is much better by now. I also hope you can work from home more which would indeed be good to keep stress level down. I can't believe you've banned Spree from the house (so I hide some in the little garden of yours beneath the elephant ear, lol).

I hope that only good and joyful memories of your "highness" Mitookie are with you today on that special day. I still remember that wonderful photo of him where he resides like a king, so beautiful. I think of you ever so often and wish all the best for you.

2yearMitookie.jpg 

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Dearest Silvia,

You are such a lovely friend.  Thank you for remembering Mitookie's 2 year angelversary.  And for the beautiful flower.  While the day is indeed a sad one, I have much to be thankful for.  For the accrual of new friends like yourself that I have met along my grieving process, and for the gift of time, that has allowed me to heal from the raw pain of Mitookie no longer being in my life.  Physically in my life; because I feel that he will always be a part of my life, and forever in my heart.  I think of him often and still tell him goodnight when Moses and I go to bed.  I know he would be with me if he could be. I still watch my videos of him all the time. It may sound crazy, but I contacted an animal communicator in September.  I really do believe she connected with Mitookie, simply because of some of the things she said that she could not have known.  I wanted to make sure that Mitookie knew that I tried so hard to make him better and that he wasn't upset that I brought my son's cat to live with us for awhile.  She assured me that he understood and that while he didn't understand what was happening to his body, that he was tired of feeling bad.  She also told me that Mitookie continues to sleep curled on top of my head at night.  I used to get so frustrated when he did that, because I always woke up with an aching neck.  Sometimes I still do; I want to believe it's because he is still there.  The encounter  with the communicator gave me some comfort.  I know I will see and hold my sweet boy again one day and that I will never be able to replace him.  He was a once in a lifetime deal.  As I know your Max was for you. 

Well, just as I was telling you that I had sworn off of the Spree, I saw a bag at Walmart on Saturday and was beyond tempted so I bought it and finished off those lovely fruity Spree last night.  And that is why I cannot buy them.  They do not last with me!!  I really must practice greater self control. 

I hope you are doing well and it was so nice to hear from you!  Take care my friend and we will chat again soon!

Hugs and Spree,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi sweet Marina,

I'm so sorry for not returning sooner, both to leave warm thoughts upon Mitookie's sad anniversary and also to thank you so much for the kind thoughts you left on my thread a couple of weeks ago. I wish we had all come to "know" each other for different reasons than the ones that drew us here, yet like you, I'm very grateful for you, Silvia, Melissa and our other forum friends. 

In a way, it's hard to believe it's been two years for most of us, but in another way, it seems like an incredibly long while since they left and the grief was set off. It makes me smile to think of Mitookie roosting at the top of your head. I wonder what on earth inspired him to choose that spot to sleep!

I bought some Spree in honor of you not long ago, the kind in the purple box. I still have a bit left and I smile to think of you when I see that box on my desk. I've neglected our dear Silvia's thread also, so I'll head over there and read the news you wrote to her shortly. Bit of craziness in my world the last few months. 

But I miss you and my eyes lit up to see you posting. I hope things are not nearly so stressful at work for you and that you're enjoying what I think is the most user-friendly weather we get in our state. Keep taking gentle care of you and of Moses. Sending a basket of hugs your way.

Catie

PS, Marina, I just stopped by Silvia and Max's thread, where I read about your flare up. I'm so sorry that last fall brought more physical suffering your way! But I'm glad your employer has allowed for more working from home. I hope that has continued to ease things in the stress department. And I dearly hope this year will bring less pain and symptoms and far more ease. You're in my thoughts!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0