Forum

Author   Comment   Page 15 of 16     «   Prev   12   13   14   15   16   Next
Purzel

Reply with quote  #211 
Sweet Marina,

Thank you so much for coming to my thread and leaving such kind message which once again made me smile and lifted my heart. I am very glad that looking at Max’s photos gives you a smile and even tho I miss him very much still, his pictures make me smile as well and fill my heart with joy.

I have to apologize also because I did oversee your last post here. I am very glad you had a lovely birthday with good friends and good food.

But.... my oh my.... I hear you are out of Spree??? How could that have happened? So first let me send a very large box of virtual Spree your way! I love virtual Spree ... it never puts on weight, lol.

So glad to hear you took Winston but also a bit sad it doesn’t work out the way you thought it would with Moses. But dont worry.... time is the thing. I do believe that Winston might have to adjust to so many things.... losing his deceased owner and his siblings.... adjusting to a new home and..... making friends with Moses. You know, that is alot of stuff to cope with, right? By the end of the year we will get to see a lovely pic of Moses and Winston as best buddies. Just wait and see.

Well, dear friend, it is clear that Mitookie was your soul mate and I do not believe one encounters that very often in life. In fact I look at us as blessed people. You will forever miss your special boy but that does by far not mean that Winston will not creep into your heart slowly as time goes. One wonderful thing about life is that we can always love again.

Hm... you said you have blown your diet.... and yes, Marina....I am so so so surprised about that. Never thought that..... two scoop sundae, marshmallow, strawberry sauce and tons of Spree could ever be of any harm.....

I confess to you that I am now on a diet as well, lol. Let’s see how far I get.

I send lots of hugs and the new Diet-Spree

[hundi]

Purzel

Reply with quote  #212 
Sweet Marina,

Knocking at your door again to report about my diet. I found this new chocolate with hazel nuts .... and it tastes ever soooo good.....

I hope things are starting to turn out well with Winston and Moses and that you have a peaceful time with less work and more time to yourself.

Many hugs

[hundi]

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #213 
Wow, where does the time go?  It's been a long time since I've posted.  Been going through some really difficult times.  I've got some new health issues that I hope don't become bigger issues.  This coming Wednesday I get blood drawn to see if my lab values look better than they have been.  It's a long story.  If labs don't improve, my doc is talking bone marrow biopsy and that really scares me.  I'm going to think positive though, but could use some prayers. 
On another very sad note, Winston the Tonkinese didn't work out for me.  I fell in love with him and I had to give him to the lady that runs a rescue and told me about him in the first place.  He was never going to get along with Moses.  I tried everything.  They got into two very awful fights that I had to break up.  In the process of doing so, I got bit on the arm and an artery got punctured.  Blood everywhere.  Being that I'm immunocompromised, I got put on antibiotics right away (even though the cats are vaccinated).  I just couldn't deal with the stress.  The heartache of giving Winston back left me in despair.  The good news is that he is already re-adopted by a lovely retired couple with no other pets.  He is going to be very happy.  I had to leave him all day when I went to work and those breeds need constant attention. 

It all worked out, but it has been so very hard on me.  I'm not going to try and adopt again for a little while.  I need my nerves to settle and my health to rebound.  Underlying all of this drama, my heart still aches to have Mitookie back.  Maybe even more now than before. 

Many hugs, Spree (although I've been too sad to even buy Spree), tissues, love, and me!

Marina

Reply with quote  #214 
Oh Marina, dear friend

Soooo good to hear from you even tho the news are not really what we wanted to hear. I am so sorry to read of your health issues and immediately had to reply to you to say you are of course in my prayers on a daily basis from now on until they say it is nothing but a cold...

I am also sorry you had to give Winston away but you did decide right under the given circumstances and the right decision proved to be even more right for Winston who has found a new and lovely home so quickly. Alone this should make you feel better and ... you have Moses at your side.

Still I can very well imagine how hard that must have been for you and I hug you dearly. I think it is very wise to concentrate on being extra caring to yourself and take it easy for a while. Stress is never good for healing.

Sweet Marina, I know you still miss Mitookie – and now with all those issues even more.

Thank you for leaving such a sweet message on my thread and nope, no weather change, cold in the nights, hot during the days and no rain in sight. Germany, the little sister of Sahara desert...

I send lovely soft “Marina-tissues”, a good healthy tea, a super soft blanket and pillow, soothing music and Spree (Diet Spree of course from what I read in your post to me, lol).

Many many hugs, prayers, good thoughts and me

[hundi]

catiebee

Reply with quote  #215 
Marina, oh my!

My heart dropped when I read your post. What a difficult, stressful time for you! I'm so, so sorry.

Health stuff can feel just terrifying no matter how much reassurance doctors and nurses give. I dearly hope these new issues do not turn out to be serious in nature. Watching and waiting is tough emotionally--I will be praying, friend! Please update us when you can. 

That's sooooo tough, that you understandably became attached to Winston but the two boys couldn't settle down and become friends. Or at least co-exist as non-enemies!   I hate that you had to break up bad fights and were injured! Gracious, what an ordeal. these last few weeks have been for you!

I hope you are doing okay now where you were bitten. :(

I can see how going through everything you have would fan into flame your longing for Mitookie. To want your life back like it was without all the feline drama, all the stress and this new heartbreak. I'm just so sorry, sweet Marina!

It makes complete sense not to risk trying to add another kitty for a bit.  I hope your workload isn't crazy-bad also. I remember that you were expecting it to be.

May your heart find peace and be restored. Wishing you much-much comfort on every level and hoping with you for very good news on your health. And yes, prayers here for you! Sending hugs and love!

Purzel

Reply with quote  #216 
Marina, Marina, dear friend,

I look at your thread in disbelief. 20 (in words: Twenty) days passed. It was even hard to find your thread in the forum! I did already post to you in my thread but now that I post in yours.... yours will be number one for a little while, yessss!

How is your health? Are the blood values ok? Are you ok? You work so hard from what I understood, far more than you should. I hope you find very good ways to relax over the weekend with heaps of my newly invented Diet Spree.

You are in my thoughts ever so often, dear friend. How is your little garden? Did everything grow well? How is good ole Moses?

I hope things are going well for you despite all the work and my good thoughts are with you.

Many hugs

[hundi]

catiebee

Reply with quote  #217 
Hi Marina, 

I've been wondering a great deal these last few weeks how you are doing. I dearly hope you've had some good news with your test results. 

I hope, too, that you have not been totally inundated at work as you once expected you might be this fall. Struggling physically while trying to do the work of two people sounds like a recipe for exhaustion and I so hope that's not the way things shook out. 

I just hated that the little Tonkinese didn't work out and I hope you and Moses are holding your own together. Sending prayer and care and keeping you near in heart. Hugs to you, Marina!

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #218 
Greetings Friends,

Silvia and Catie....my faithful forum friends.  You two mean so much to me.  You have kept me going whether you realize it or not.  I'm sorry I've been so busy.  My health is still a bit fragile but I haven't had to have that bone marrow biopsy, thank goodness.  My labs improved only very slightly but we backed up off of my immunosuppressant drug just a bit to see if that would help.  The problem is that ever since the dose was lowered, by whole body is in pain and I am so exhausted.  Working so much doesn't help at all.  I'm going to ask if I can increase that medication just a little so that maybe I can move around better and feel like doing something.  I have been working so much.  I had to go the California for a conference for a week, then came back and worked three 11 hour days the first week back, than last week worked until 9 pm last Thursday night.  I am going to ask for a part-time helper.  I have someone in mind, but she can't start until January.  I guess I'll have to hang on by my fingernails until then.  I knew the work schedule was going to get crazy, but geez, I feel like I'm drowning.  It has made me very depressed and anytime I feel sad, I really start to miss my Mitookie.  The weather has finally cooled off and that makes me miss him even more.  He was such a cuddler.  Moses loves me and lets me hold on to him, but he prefers sleeping down on my legs. 

Catie, I feel like I live in Seattle.  No rain all summer and boom, it seems like it hasn't stopped since September 1st.  And yes, we got the drop in temperatures beginning yesterday.  I love the cold.  The rain I can do without. 

Silvia, my elephant ears just went crazy.  They look beautiful, but now they are all going to die off again.  I have to take a picture and post it for you before they turn yellow and fade into winter. 

I hope all is well with the two of you.  When I get on the forum and read new posts from those that have just lost their pets, it is soooo heartbreaking.  We all remember those first weeks and how awful they were.  The season of firsts continues for us with the holidays right around the corner.  Gosh, where does the time go?  Sometimes it stands still, but more often than not, it is moving at lightning speed and I'm not ready to move that fast. 

Much love, tea, soup, tissues, blankets, hot cocoa, and Spree,

Marina

Reply with quote  #219 
Oh, Marina! Yowza wowza!  Your workload sounds hideous and totally unfair to you. I so hope they'll bring someone on to carry some of this load. January is too far out.  Please don't burn yourself out, especially in light of your health issues. And I realize, even while I type this, that there may not be one darned thing you can do to improve things right away. I just hate that you're having to cope with such stress, strain and exhaustion.  And so much pain. :(  I so hope there is a treatment that will bring you relief.

And yeah. I know how the grief goes on and on. And gets fanned into flame when life gets hard. You've had a long rough patch here and it would mean the world to have your comforting boy to cuddle with--my heart is with you. I think having the weather turn has been really hard on most of us with losses. Sending you hugs and mugs across the miles. First to warm your heart, and something tasty and soothing to warm you in this cold snap. Tea, coffee, hot choc, warm cider...

It's really good to hear from you. I'd been concerned and hoping for a little update. 😉 I'm so glad you posted. 

We always are grateful for rain, being so drought-prone here, but seriously, does it have to go the entire summer with no precip and then barrage us for weeks on end? I hope all this is filling up the lakes. 

I was gonna stop at Discount Tire yesterday till I saw the line--about 20 cars long. I phoned and the guy there said, "Yep, it dropped 40 degrees, so everyone is here because their tire pressure light came on. Happens every year. Probably no one's tire pressure is actually low."  I'll go some other day, if the light stays on.

Time does blaze by, yet it sometimes feels like it just creeps on so slowly. I can't believe the holidays are nearly here.

You're so frequently in my thoughts, friend. Prayers for your health continue! 

Purzel

Reply with quote  #220 
Sweet Marina,

You also mean so much to me, dear friend! Time flies, and what a long time we’ve been walking this road together, the year is nearly gone – today I made my first appointment for 2019, lol.

Glad to hear that you did not have to undergo the marrow biopsy and I very much hope that your health will better as time goes. Anyways, I do believe that too much work does not really strengthen your immune system. Stress is no good and I very much hope you can find some well deserved rest.

So good to hear that you are going to ask  for a part time helper and that you already have someone in mind. You have been working so much for such a long  period of time that an honest and clearing conversation with the boss will surely surprise you in a positive way. My best wishes go out to you.

Good to read the elephant ears went crazy and yep, take a pic and post it before they go to sleep.

I can imagine how much you miss Mitookie now, your true soul mate. When you say he was such a cuddler it reminds of my beloved Max, my one and only, he was such a cuddler as well and I miss that so much that no words could ever describe. Maybe –apart from all the stress and overloads of work- it might also be the time of year that does bear some kind of melancholy. Everything goes away, goes to sleep – birds fly away, nature seems to come to a halt. It might remind us even more of the loss we have to bear now. I dont know – to me it sometimes seems like this.

You are so right in saying that it is soooo heartbreaking to read the new posts in here and I confess I have not found the strength to reply for quite some time so it is good to know there are so many beautiful people in here so noone is ever left alone.

Thank you so much for visiting me on my thread and your kind and comforting words to me. I confess, I am already scared of the Xmas season so so near – I don’t know how I will cope, my oh my! Just imagine, dear friend, the year is nearly gone, it somehow passed me and I have no clue if I really did participate, lol.

To you, sweet Marina, much love as well and heaps of goodies and .... the new Diet Spree.... and me

Big fat hugs

[hundi]

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #221 
Dearest Catie and Silvia,

The time just gets away from me.  It's amazing how fast time goes by, but I'm always buried in my work and barely come up for air.  I am finally getting some help in January.  Maybe things will calm down then and I can have a normal life for once.  Until then though, I will keep plugging along with my long days. 
I finally went to my rheumatologist because I was in so much pain and he of course put me on prednisone (I hate prednisone), but it definitely helps me to feel better.  I am starting a drug specifically for Lupus called Benlysta.  It's either a once-a-month infusion, or a once-a-week self injection.  I chose the injection because I just don't have time to be going into a doctor's office for infusions.  I had my first dose on Saturday.  Too soon to tell if it will help, and I'm at the tail end of my prednisone taper so time will tell if this is the magic bullet. 
I love this colder weather.  I just love it.  Silvia, you mentioned on your thread about last year being the last holiday season with our beloved pets.  I wish I had known I would not get to have another holiday season with Mitookie.  His health declined quickly in January.  I can't believe it's almost been a year without my sweet boy.  I still miss him terribly.  The rescue lady keeps sending me pictures of kitties for adoption.  She even had some Siamese kitties, but my heart is not ready to try again.  Not to mention the fact that I'm at work so much, I'm not home enough to spend the time with a new kitty that he or she would deserve and need.  It is very stressful.  I'll just keep loving on my Moses and appreciating him as I do.  I bought a new comforter, and he must really like it, because he stopped sleeping in his bed on top of the comforter, and now prefers to just sleep on the comforter.  I have to gently redirect him to his bed and he complies like a good kitty.  Not that I don't want him on it; I'm sure it will be full of cat hair soon enough.  I'm just trying to extend its newness a little longer. 
I will try to check in with you both before the Thanksgiving holiday.  In the meantime, wrap yourselves in some warm blankets with some hot tea and know that you are in my thoughts always!!

Hugs and Virtual Spree (Silvia's invention),

Marina

Reply with quote  #222 
Dear Marina, 

Mercy! I can see why time slips out of your hands these days--I hate that your workload continues to be so terribly high. January still seems like a very long way off. But knowing help is coming hopefully at least gives you a glimmer of light as you tunnel through the heaps of work. I so wish you would have relief much sooner, especially in light of your experiencing so much pain in your body!

I dearly hope the new medication will help you immensely and quickly. This is all a tall order for you to get through at one time....the monstrous amount of work, this physical suffering and the ongoing grief.  Mega hugs to you, sweet friend!

It's more than understandable that you're still missing your beloved Tookie and that you're not ready yet to take another turn with a new kitty. Hours and hours away from home paired with adjustments for you, a baby cat and Moses. I imagine that would be a huge stretch. 

I hope your new comforter will be extra warm and snuggly this winter. I'll bet it gives a great new touch to your bedroom, Moses-hairs or not. 

My goodness, do take the best care of yourself that you can. There's only one of you and we don't want you to keep burning the candle at both ends. I'm sooo sorry this is such a stressful time. Prayers for you to feel much better soon, Marina. 

Warmest of thoughts 'n' hugs to you!

Purzel

Reply with quote  #223 
Dear sweet friend Marina,

Thank you for visiting on my thread and your loving words to me. Reliving the quite long time with Max where I knew it was our final and hearing you wishing you would have known..... I do believe that you did have a time free from doupts and pregrieving that you could spend happily with Mitookie. Either way, nothing is easy about this now that we are looking back.

You are ever so often in my thoughts, dear friend, especially concerning your crazy working hours. I am glad to read that you are getting help in January but still imagine that January is as far as you can pull a good chewing gum. I hope you will manage until then and I pray that you will find some well deserved rest here and there.

Hm... the elephant ear may come back to life in spring, just wait and see. You are very right in waiting until all this working stress, the still grieving Mitookie and all that is wearing off until you consider a new citten. You do need some rest, Marina - I think this is the most important for you right now.

I had to laugh about the chocolate hummus you mentioned on my thread. At least now we know that it does exist and Melissa did not invent it. I confess I couldn’t do it as well but we have to wait for Melissa’s expertise (she seems quite healthy still....).

I send lots of hugs in this difficult time of year and ....a hot apple strudel topped with vanilla ice cream. You wait a while until the ice cream melts a bit and then.....oh yesssssssssssss.

[hundi]

Purzel

Reply with quote  #224 
Sweet Marina friend,

I hope you could rest over the Thanksgiving holidays and gain some new strength. And... I hope you liked the thought of my apple strudel and had it appear in front of your inner eye (I know we both love to eat good goodies) and I really wish we could meet in 3D and go out for a lovely dinner - my, would we have some fun...

I send many fresh hugs your way

[hundi]

AZTiger98

Reply with quote  #225 
Hi Marina,

I hope things are going better for you, healthwise, with grieving Mitookie, and with having to give Winston back.  I'm glad he's gotten adopted again, and it does sound like he will be much happier.

I know I haven't done a good job of staying up with posts and checking in on everyone - my apologies.  I'll try to do better with that.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and offer any tissues, hugs, Spree, or anything else that will help these days. 😉

Daddy to beloved fur baby Stormy
08/2003 - 05/19/18
Stormy’s Residency https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/STORM059/Resident.htm
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.