Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 16      1   2   3   4   Next   »
ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my beautiful Siamese boy Mitookie on Saturday, January 27, 2018.  I am devastated.  It has already been a week yet I can't stop breaking down.  I had him for 16 years and as I read posts from many of you, I recognize myself in what you write:  Am I normal?  Should it hurt this much?  People are going to think I'm crazy?  I'm feeling all of these things too.  I am at work right now and can't concentrate.  When I have more time I will go into what happened to Mitookie but he had been ill.  I just didn't expect him to go the way he did and I honestly think it didn't have to be this way.  I reached out to his vet numerous times but the things I told him fell on deaf ears.  Which makes this even harder.  I am so sorry for all of you feeling the pain of loss right now.  It actually physically hurts.  God Bless you all. 

Marina 

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Marina, I`m so sorry for your loss of Mitookie - and yes, you are completely normal. When we lose our best little friends, it is heartbreaking and at first it is so difficult to even comprehend just what has happened.   I was exactly the same when we lost our 17 year old little dog just over 2 years ago - couldn`t eat or sleep, it was just awful and I know my husband was so worried about me at that time.  It does slowly get better, and eventually you will find yourself in a more peaceful place - we just love them so very much.  This forum probably saved my sanity - so many wonderful people who all understand how we feel, so I am so glad you have found it too.    Once again, I`m so sorry.  Take care,

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #3 
Sometimes when you lose something 
you value, you have to grieve. 

It is natural to feel shock, denial, 
loneliness, sadness, guilt, anger, depression, 
hope, acceptance and growth.

I know that it hurts, and it feels 
like the pain will never end. 
It will.

I know that it does not feel 
very comfortable. 
It is just a process that you have 
to go through to accept your loss. 

I know that you feel like the hole in 
your heart will never heal. 
It will. 

You will get through this hard time. 

Be patient with yourself. 

Don’t be afraid to cry. 

You might feel afraid of the future 
because change is always hard. 

Everything has its time and place. 

You will always have the memories in your heart. 

You will get through this dark time. 

I am on your side. 

And remember. 

I am here if you ever need to talk. 

Love, 

Grace

Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #4 
bothcatscrop copy.jpg  Grace

ForMitookie_03

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you so much for the beautiful words of encouragement.  I will take them and hold them close to my heart.  I really needed to hear them. 

Reply with quote  #6 
Grace is such a beautiful kitty.  She is majestic.

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you.
I imagine her right now-
Princess Grace in her palace sipping salmon martinis with her sister Anna as her butler...

Sal

Reply with quote  #8 
I am right there with you. We lost Pretty last Saturday 2/3. i can't stop crying

I am so sorry for your loss

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Sal, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I cried myself to sleep last night.  I cried so long and so hard that when I finally had to get up and get ready for work, my eyes were swollen and I had one really horrible headache.  I still have it.  I didn't sleep well, waking up several times during the night.  I am struggling so badly.  I know it takes time, but right now I can't see past this incredible pain. 

Reply with quote  #10 
Has anyone else felt physically sick from the grief?  I have an unrelenting headache and my joints hurt like they haven't in a couple of years.  I suffer from connective tissue disease which is an autoimmune disorder and it has been so well controlled that I was working out again and feeling great.  Then this.  I feel physically ill.  My heart hurts, but now it seems my body is responding to the grief in a negative way. 

Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you for the compliment on how pretty Grace is.
Princess Grace is quite aware of her beauty-
And she is still ruling everyone with Grace rules.
No doubt about it.
Thank you.
Anna was beautiful also-
Anna worshipped her sister.
That is why Grace made Anna the butler.

xoostation

Reply with quote  #12 
It really does physically hurt. 
My Trey passed away the same day. I feel like I'm going insane. I quit my job abruptly. I can't eat. Sleep is crazy. Today was really bad. Will I ever feel normal again???? 
Gracesmom

Reply with quote  #13 
Yes.
RileysMom

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Marina,

I’m very sorry for your loss and I understand your feelings very much. Yes, I feel physically sick from my grief. It has really worn me down physically. At times I feel physically sick, lightheaded and nauseous thinking about everything that happened with my girl. I don’t know how to describe the pain my heart feels adequately, but it is very much a physical feeling as much as it is an emotional one.

I’m sorry for the pain you are feeling. It does hurt so deeply. Feeling that our loved one died unjustly makes it that much harder. It is difficult when the people who are supposed to help us, vets, doctors, etc., just don’t or are unable to. Whether or not they did their best for our pet, just not having the answers in time feels so cruel. I’m sorry you’re having to deal with anything that may be like that.

Know that you’re not alone. I too can’t sleep or eat and have tears streaming down my face constantly. Please hang in there and I hope you find some peace soon.

Naazmk

Reply with quote  #15 
Dear Marina am so sorry for your loss and i can feel the pain you are going through, here i am mourning for my 7months old cat and i can only imagine what you had to go through the lost of your Mitookie which you had for 16 yrs, may god give you the strength to get through it and dont worry about the people just cry out if you want to, you love your baby thats all it matters
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.