Bebot
It’s been a week now since I’ve lost my boy Looper. He’s our Bichon Frise. I can’t stop crying, my heart is so heavy, can’t believe he’s gone. For more than 13 years, he was such a loving and sweet dog. He’s our first dog and he’s our child. Me and my husband are a wreck. Our world right now is dark, I miss him so so much... My feelings are overflow with sadness. I get up in the middle of the night crying thinking about him. It is so hard, I’m not really sure how to handle this feeling. I still have this denial feeling that he’s gone. Please help! Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom

I’m so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel.  I lost my beloved dog Pecan unexpectedly 8 weeks ago. She was only 9 with no previous health issues.  She was happy all day until things changed at 6:30pm on Thursday and she passed away 8 hours after that.  She was my soulmate and was with me through good and bad for 9 years 24/7. Losing her has been the hardest experience of my lift.  Just like you my kids and I used to wake up and look for her, scream and cry all night for the first week or so.  I still cry everyday but I have some easier days in between.  I feel guilty because I keep thinking maybe I could have done more to save her.  We don’t know the cause of death.  They said either heart attack, stroke or aneurysm.  It’s just like a wave.  I feel better for a few hours or a day then the sadness and the guilt hits me harder than ever.  I miss her and can’t believe I will never see her beautiful face again.  Please be kind to yourself and give yourself time to heal. Time heals.  I also believe that our beloved pets are alway with us in spirit and love never ends.  I am praying for you.  Please excuse the grammar and the spelling mistakes.  

Take care, 

Sp
Quote 0 0
Bebot
Thank you so much for your support, although I know your grieving also, and it means a lot to  me. I’m so sorry for your loss.We gonna go thru this together. It just so hard right now and I’m really trying to be strong. Please take care of your self as well,Our babies is running free now. Thank you again for your response and support.
Quote 0 0
badgerblythe
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved babies, Looper and Pecan. I saw your message and was drawn to it, because it is exactly how I feel right now. I just had to say goodbye to my dog, Lily, who was my best friend and soulmate. We just returned from the vet a couple hours ago. It feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest, and I honestly can't imagine feeling better. I already miss her so much and feel like a piece of me is gone. I have guilt about putting to to sleep, even though we knew it was the best thing for her (she had been struggling with a very aggressive cancer and a painful tumor that entered her spinal cord-- not treatable). For the past few days she had been looking at me with big sad eyes, as if asking me to do something.... I got her so much help, but she never seemed to feel completely pain free, and I realized I was not letting her go because it was too painful for me. She looked so peaceful after she was gone, but almost like she could just get up again and come home with us. It is hurting me so much to think about her and how much she was hurting. I just want my healthy happy girl back-- and I don't know how I"m going to accept that she's gone. My heart aches. 
BB
Quote 0 0
sadiesgrammy
To all of you who are grieving, like my daughter and I, it is painful but we were blessed to have our furry kids in our life.   I just posted this picture of our Sadie who we lost 3 weeks ago.  She was fine the night before and in the morning I found her with labored breathing.  By the time we got her to the emergency vet, she expired not too long after that.  Our hearts are ripped apart.  She was only 9.  The doctor found a lot of fluid around her heart along with blood and felt it may have been a very aggressive tumor that burst thus flooding her.  There was nothing she could do to save our little girl.  She died peacefully before we had to make that awful decision.  I cry every day.  This is our first dog and it is gut-wrenching.   I have had to put cats down but this is different.  She was my buddy.   My heart will never be the same.   

We all gave our furry kids love, more than they would have had if they were in a shelter or not a good home.   We have to hold that thought in our hearts to help us get through each day.
Quote 2 0
Bebot
Thank you for your thoughts. I am sorry for the loss of your baby Lily and Sadie. We are all in this together, broken hearts. For Lily, dont feel bad that you put her to sleep, thats what she wants , she doesnt have to suffer anymore. For Sadie, i can say the same thing, no more having a hard time breathing. Our fur kids is running free now. It is good to know that theres a lot of us who really love our fur babies so much. I miss my boy so much, he sleep with us every night and last night around 1:30 i found my self trying to reach to pet him , then i realized he’s not there. We are all in this together, Take care both of you.

Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Bebot,
I am so sorry you lost your baby Looper. I know how devastating it is. It's been four months and 1 week since my baby boy, Cody, went to the rainbow bridge. He was a bichon also and we shared a special bond that I never experienced with any of my other pets. Bichons are so sweet, even tempered and loving. All they need to be happy is to be with their people. He was my little white shadow following me everywhere. He used to lay on my shoulder and I would pet his soft fur. It was such a calming feeling. He was always there for me through thick and thin. I miss him so very much and although my life will go on it will never be the same.  Just remember that we gave our babies a good home and love. That's all anyone can hope for in this life. There are so many animals out there that never get to experience that for this world can be a cruel place. Keep posting here and it will help. It is a slow process, one I am still going through, but I hope someday I can remember my boy with a smile on my face for what I had rather than tears for what I lost.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 1 0
Bebot
Hello Julie, Thank you for your support. Looper been with us for 13 years, i adopted him when he was 1 year old. He was such a sweet loving dog, i never had a problem with him, he was so disciplined that , never had an accident inside our house. He waited for us doesnt matter how long were gone. We gave him massage every morning and he was looking forward to that every morning and if you forgot, he will wave his paws to remind us. He was always with us anywhere we go including long trips. I miss him so much.... i feel somebody just rip my heart apart. I love him so much like my child. My boy is with us no matter what. He help us with our down moments, make us laughed and smiled. Lots of great memories with him that I cherish. I have this mix emotion if my grieving, i cried all the time, guilt, mad at my self, blame my self. All of this feeling playing my head. I will love him forever. He was my boy. Thank you for your support and kind words. Take care.
Quote 0 0
cgoursau
I'm sorry you lost your sweet Bichon , Looper. I just lost my 17 year old Bichon two days ago. Bichon are sweet, loving dogs, their love will always be in our hearts, my heart is torn also,it's hard to stop crying, feeling quilty. Sending you good thoughts, remember the good times🙏
cathleen Goursau
Quote 0 0
Bebot
Im sorry to hear about your bichon. Wow 17 years, i wish my Looper lasted that long. On the end he developed a heart problem, his heart got enlarged 3 times than normal. Cant believe my baby is gone. Be brave as well, this is not easy for us, but remember were not alone. Take care.
Quote 1 0
Bebot
To Codysmum,
im so sorry for your lost. Thank you so much for your support. Im still on denial and shock, that hes not with us anymore. Hes our first dog and i didnt realize that you could feel this kind of pain when youve lost your precious pet. I love him so much and hes always in my heart. Thank you again for your care and support, and take care as well.
Quote 0 0