Alanfar
Yesterday, April 16th, our family chi-chi Fancy  passed away. She was 11 years old and passed so quick. She was great on Monday and Tuesday and then it all went downhill. She had Evans Syndrome and I am beating myself up that I should have done more. I am 54 and have had dogs most of my life but this loss is tearing me apart. The entire family is in mourning for this little baby. We found her at a Pet Smart adoption day 5 years ago and she just wrapped us around her little paws. She could no wrong, even when she did wrong. The excuse was from my oldest son that she was "just a little baby" My daughter claimed her as her own and they did everything together. She even had her own instagram. When we found out the news my daughter just wailed and wailed. Before we could make any decision on what to do, we were called to get back to the Vet ASAP as she was going fast. We got there just in time to tell her how much she was loved and how she brought so much happiness and smiles to our faces. Then she was gone. I have been up all night and day trying to process this. I think I am grieving more than when my parents passed. 
I try to look at the positive even though it is hard, We were all home when she passed due to stay at home orders. Our beach trip had been cancelled this week and we would have been away from the vet. My daughter has been home from college since the outbreak and she was here instead of hundreds of miles away.
Still, I miss my Fancy . I have cried so much and just feel hollow inside. I am glad I found this website as I know there are others that feel my pain as well.
Thanks for letting me express myself. I am feel for everyone that is mourning their fur babies. fancy10.jpg
alan farlowe
Quote 0 0
kristenharlow
I know this terrible pain, Alan. I'm so sorry about your loss. My Chihuahua Barney also died at the age of 11. He died in October of 2019. He was hit by a car and died in my arms. It was just so devastating. I still carry his blanket with me, and love him so very much. He was my best friend. I'm sending you lots of love and also strength. I promise, you will reach a point where thoughts of Fancy will bring smiles to your faces, not tears. I promise.
Quote 0 0
Alanfar
 Thank you so much for the kind words. I am doing my best to comfort my daughter as she is just beside herself with grief.
The entire family is but Fancy was her dog and my daughter was her person. She will be missed.
I am sorry to hear about Barney. There are something about Chihuahuas that just make you love them so much. We have another Chihuahua, a terrier and just got a Chi-Weenie two weeks ago .
As you say tears will be replaced with smiles it just takes some time. Thank you
alan farlowe
Quote 0 0
kristenharlow
Yes, it's true. Chihuahuas are something special.

Quote 0 0