Crazyferrets73
I haven’t had one loss but two in October last year my beautiful black ferret black ice died in my arms without warning this left heart broken but after weeks of not really understanding why this beautiful was taken from me I lived in the comfort that I also had his daughter who was 2 she was also a rare black ferret very cheeky funny naughty but cuddly two. Days ago I went to feed my baby’s only to find sapphire wash herself so I cuddled up on my bed with her I got her to eat and drink something and I put her in a cage next to my bed at 3am I must have gone to sleep I woke at am only to find my beautiful baby had gone to rainbow bridge I just feel so empty I keep crying I have just llayed her to rest ❤️😩
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Karen,

I am so sorry for the losses of your precious Ice and Sapphire, such wonderful names for your precious ferrets. 
I liked how you describe Sapphire's personality, she sounds like a great girl.
If you feel up to it, I would love to hear more about your Ice and Sapphire, of course I completely understand if you aren't feeling up to it at this time, whenever you are ready, there is no rush.

I am sorry you are having to go through such a loss of such valued and loved family members.
I wish peace and healing to find your broken heart.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Karen I am so sorry for your losses, it is difficult enough to deal with one, but two is just unbearable. 
Quote 0 0
Crazyferrets73
Black ice was very handsome and a 4 time grand champion ferret show winner he was with a 11 page pedigree that aside he was very laid back with an outstanding temperament he would lay iin my arms and full asleep he truly was one of a kind But it was sapphire black ice daughter I got 1st she was a birthday gift from my husband she was 7 weeks old when we went to get her we saw her mum vanilla and black ice they took our breath away vanilla is a black eyed white you see and very beautiful we got home with sapphire a few days later we found out that black ice and vanilla were up for sale you. Can guess the rest vanilla is now the only living member now I still have her and indeed 15 others but the bond I had with black ice and sapphire was very strong
I miss them so much it really hurts in my tummy like butterflies at times I keep crying I can’t sleep and finding it hard to eat and feel so low and life feels empty ❤️
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Karen,

What beautiful and sweet memories of your precious babies, thank you so much for sharing with us here.
Ice sounds like a grand champion for sure, I bet he and you were so proud of his "title", I imagine he is such a beautiful boy. Sapphire sounds like the greatest birthday gift ever, a wonderful and thoughtful gift from your husband.

Keep sharing these wonderful memories of your precious Ice and Sapphire, I enjoyed learning about them.
Sending my warmest wishes for such peace and healing to find your shattered heart.

In Friendship, Don
Quote 0 0
Crazyferrets73
I have some bittersweet news to share my wonderful husband has got me a beautiful black 6 week old baby girl we are picking her up Sunday I know she couldn’t ever replace my beautiful sapphire my head is still in bits over the loss of black ice and sapphire or be the same but it’s a new personality and a new chapter in my life I am calling her Ebony ❤️
Quote 0 0
Sil
Crazyferrets73,

I am sorry for your loss of Black Ice and Sapphire.  The pain is overwhelming and everything else feels like a struggle.  I know getting a "new" pet, might be bittersweet, but, this baby ferret will help heal your heart.  Ebony will bring new joy into your life.  (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0