ZooBird
I lost my 15-year old Allie just last week and my heart is breaking.

Mom and I adopted Allie almost 15 years ago and even that time was not long enough. They found her on the streets when she was just 4 months old and I knew right then and there that she was my kind of dog -- a fighter with attitude.

She knew when my blood sugars were dropping and would bark for help -- never formally trained, just something she picked up. And she was so good at it! I owe my life to her.

She was the most stubborn little thing (a shih poo) but she could make you laugh as she defied you, just because of that stubborn look on her face. I love her so much and miss her with all my heart. 

She was diagnosed with aggressive cutaneous lymphoma just last December and she's gone already. We tried everything, but the cancer finally beat her. On her last day, I held her in my arms as the vet administered the sedative and within minutes she took a last breath and died in my arms. 

I wish I could have done more to save her, but it was not meant to be. She will be with me forever until we meet again, along with all my other babies -- Coco, Tami, Lady, Roxy and Abby. 
Linda Reiter
Quote 0 0
Sandy_T
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Allie. I can see how much you loved her in your words. It will get easier. I lost my kitty Punky in 2012 and my dog Joejoe in 2013. I still cry at times but at least now I can remember the happy times without the tears.
Grief can be hard but it does heal the soul in time.
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
My baby joined the others recently so know how you feel. Still raw for me so I relate. Hang in there.
Quote 0 0