Shadowlab03 Show full post »
Shadowlab03
Abbie's Mom,

Wow, the license plate thing is something. I somehow notice black labs a lot these days and they seem to be everywhere but I have to believe that Abby was communicating with that plate. I haven't had any signs myself except a feeling that Shadow is near me and once I thought I felt something touch my leg. I've been coming on this site less and less, really only to comfort some of the new people who have recently lost their pets, as I was comforted by others. I find that I have to step back and try to do "normal" things and get back to my life. I still cry 2-3 times a day and except that is probably the way it will be for a long while.

I have been thinking about getting another dog too. I have had other pets in my life besides Shadow but he was "the one" that will always be my special love. I know I am a dog person and I need that wonderful connection. I can never replace Shadow, he was my once in a lifetime pet but maybe I can find some joy with a new furry friend.

I appreciate you sharing the "Abyz" incident, it confirms my belief that our buddies are watching out for us. I am so glad that Shadow is no longer in pain and at peace at the RB. I hope he and Abby are romping in the green grass and having a ball.

Take care and many (((HUGS)))
Shadow's Mom

I will carry you in my heart forever.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Oh wow! That licence plate number ABYZ MOM is just absolutely amazing! See? They -or something (God??) whatever -is communicating with us. That is not coincidence, but does mean something.

It's better than my weird car event...the other day I saw a licence plate which said :
DOG DRT

LOL I was laughing out loud (just a weird thing but funny anyway....NOT my Misty communicating with me, let me add!)

By the way, Shadow is such a beautiful Soul. That face.....
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Shadowlab03
Today is 6 months since I lost my sweet, sweet boy Shadow and the pain is still so very deep. I get through most days on the surface but deep down inside my heart is still broken. I miss him more than words can say.
I have since gotten a new lab, he is a handful and helps me keep my mind off my great loss but he will never be the soul mate my Shadow was.
I miss you Shadow and wait for the day we can again be together. All my love forever and ever.

Shadow with yellow rose 1a.jpg 
Shadow's Mom

Quote 0 0
danzey
Shadow's Mom...........It's nice to see you back (if just for a day).  I think I told you this before, but Shadow looks like my Blacky, (Not a too original name, but he actually belonged to a cousin before coming to me so he came with the name).  I still can't (or won't) look at pictures, so seeing Shadow works for me.  The picture you posted; he has the slightest smile, can you see it).  I miss hugging Blacky.  Being a big dog, I would hug him as hard as I wanted and he never cried that it was too hard.  Congrates on your new baby.  Kiss him on one cheek for Shadow, and would you please kiss him on the other cheek for Blacky...........danzey
Quote 0 0
Shadowlab03
Thanks Danzey for the kind words. I will give Tug a big kiss for Blacky & Shadow. I hope they are having a good time on the other side.
Shadow's Mom

Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Shadowlab03 wrote:

Shadow with yellow rose 1a.jpg 

Your Shadow is such a beautiful boy. I hadn't seen him photos before as my 9-1/2 year old Golden Retriever, Murphy, went to the Rainbow Bridge after Shadow on June 18, 3 months ago today. It all happened so fast. I imagine Shadow was waiting to greet Murphy when he arrived. Thank you so much for sharing his photos. I love to see who Murphy is playing with. My heart grieves right along with you for these incredibly special boys who are the loves of our lives.

Murphy put the thought in my head of getting another Golden Retriever puppy early this year before Murph ever got sick. I got a beautiful little boy named Spencer in March. He'll be 8 months old on Sunday. I've still been so lonely without Murphy who was with me 24/7 (I work from home and Spencer goes to puppy daycare) so I contacted Spencer's breeder and I'm getting Spencer's aunt (his mother's sister) in January. It will be so wonderful to have an adult home with me and sleeping with me again. Neither of them will ever replace Murphy as yours won't replace Shadow, but as you say it helps keep our mind off the most tremendous loss.

Wishing you many wonderful memories of your precious Shadow,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Shadow's mom,
I know exactly what you are saying when you say that your heart is still broken and the pain is still so deep, even after 6 months without your dear boy.  I think that pain remains forever, but we become better at coping with it.  
It has been nearly 6 months for me also, and like you, I still tear up regularly and cry often. My heart aches to have my Bella back and I can't believe how much I miss her. Shadow and Bella have left a huge hole in our families...nobody will ever fill that hole.  I know I wouldn't want it to be filled.  It is Bella's place in our hearts and it will remain hers forever. 
I am glad to hear that you have welcomed Tug into your family (I saw his name on another post you made).  You are right, he will never replace Shadow, but he will bring back some love and joy.  We also have welcomed not 1, but 2 new members into our family.  We love them dearly, but our hearts still hurt because Bella (and your Shadow) are no longer by our sides.
I am thinking of you and sweet Shadow...may he run and play with a heart full of happiness, because that is what he deserves now.

Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Shadowlab03
Thanks Bella's Mum,
The 6th month mark has been a tough one. I somehow thought I would be ok by now but I miss him now just as much. My new boy Tug is the total opposite of Shadow and I guess that's good in a way because I can't really compare them. I wish you the best with your new "family" and I hope that Bella & Shadow are romping in the light and waiting for us.

Take care and my thoughts are with you.  God Bless. 
Shadow's Mom

Quote 0 0
Shadowlab03
Murphy's Mom 0831,
Thanks for the kind words and I'm so sorry for the loss of your Murphy. I'm glad to see you have another wonderful friend too. I could never see going through my days without a buddy and although Tug will never replace my Shadow he makes me laugh and reminds me how special these wonderful animals can be. I wish you the best with Spencer and I hope you both share a long and loving relationship.

Thanks again and may God Bless.
Shadow's Mom

Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Shadowlab03 wrote:
Murphy's Mom 0831,
Thanks for the kind words and I'm so sorry for the loss of your Murphy. I'm glad to see you have another wonderful friend too. I could never see going through my days without a buddy and although Tug will never replace my Shadow he makes me laugh and reminds me how special these wonderful animals can be. I wish you the best with Spencer and I hope you both share a long and loving relationship.

Thanks again and may God Bless.

Thank you Shadow's Mom. I'd never be able to go through life without a loving companion pooch either. Spencer has settled down the last few days and has become very lovable and enjoyable (finally...I hope it lasts). I love looking at Shadow's pictures. He is SO beautiful. I've always loved Labs and Goldens. Their Retriever eyes are the windows to our souls.

I wish you a wonderfully long and blessed relationship with your Tug. I'd love to see pictures of him too. Shadow is watching over you both and guiding Tug to be a dear friend to you.

Hugs,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0