Forum

Author   Comment  
Harpsfarm

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my best friend of 8 1/2 yrs Monday 1/6 very suddenly. On Saturday, Frank seemed perfectly fine. Nothing unusual. On Sunday, I could tell he wasn't acting himself, and by Sunday evening, was vomiting. I rushed him to the Vet first thing Monday morning. He as running a high fever, and Dr. said he had Pancreatitis. Frank was given some fever reducer, and an antibiotic, and said if didn't show improvement in a few days, to bring him back, and they would put him on an IV.

After getting my best friend home, as the day went on, he seemed to be doing a little better, was drinking without getting sick. By 6:10 that evening, I noticed he was starting to have tremors. My husband and I sat with him, and they kept getting worse. I couldn't stop crying, as I knew it was time. All I could do was tell my baby that it was okay, and that I loved my cuddlebug. By 6:20, my best friend was gone.

I adopted Frank when he was about 4yrs old, and the last 8 1/2 yrs I had the best companion.

My heart hurts so much, I can't stop crying. I only wish I could have saved him, and kept him out of pain. I no longer have my best friend, and daily snuggles. I can't concentrate on anything anymore, and my other dog is lost without his friend and playmate. If only the pain would go away.Frank1.1.jpg  Frank2.2.jpg  Frank4.4.jpg  Frank5.5.jpg 

Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #2 

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you are going through a really rough time right now, but please know that you are in my thoughts.

Frank really was a handsome boy and I am sure that he knew that he was love. He looks so happy in the pictures. 

RIP Frank, run free sweet boy.

Jan_H

Reply with quote  #3 
Cherie,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome Frank. It is normal to cry and feel pain. Animals seem to touch a part of our hearts that others do not and when we lose them it is heartbreaking. Clearly Frank was very much loved and had a wonderful life with you. In time I hope happy memories help ease your pain.

My condolences,
Jan
Mslinda

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi its Linda, I read your story about your beautiful dog. I lost my German shepherd Comet 12/2319. I took comet to my vet 11/22/19 to have a lipoma removed from his neck. My gut feeling was telling me dont do it. But, it looked so bad on him. So, he pulled through the surgery. Did fine the first week after. Next week, his eating started slowing down. I took him back to the vet. He would gag every now and then as if something was stuck in his throat. Week three, eating kept declining. Found a new more equipped vet, they held his mouth closed and you could hear all of the fluid in his lungs. I held him in my arms to comfort him as the vet prepared to remove the fluid. Comet jumped down from me onto the floor collapsed. I yelled for help. He went into cardiac arrest and died 12/23/19 @ 9:50 a.m. Earlier that morning, I heard him whinning as if he knew he was in trouble. He walked towards me , he looked so sad because I know he knew that was our last day together. I have never screamed and cried so hard since the death of my brother Timothy Andy mom. This pain, this pain is so unbearable and it never goes away. My home is so quiet without comet, I hate coming home because he is no longer there to bark as I walk in and the excitement to see me is gone for good. I miss my dog so much. My heart pains for the loss of your dog. He was so beautiful. Beautiful doggy. I'm so sorry for your loss but I know the pain too well. I had comet for 13 years from 3 months to 13 years. He was in perfect health. He had only been sick one time in his whole life. He didn't act or look his age. No grey hair and no joint problems. Just a healthy dog and now he is gone. I wish someone can tell me how to stop this pain.
God bless you. I will say a prayer for God to give you strength.
Linda
Gmr

Reply with quote  #5 
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful baby. It's been just a little over 2 mths for me and coming here has helped me alot and alot of praying for strength. I don't know how I made it this far. It is so very hard when we lose our furbabies.
Mslinda

Reply with quote  #6 
Yes, it is. I rescue and place homeless dogs. If I can't find a really good home, then I keep them. I bought a vacant lot next to my home and I had walk in kennels built with beds for each dog. I've lost a many dogs and it did hurt but this pain at the death of my sweet comet is just awful. I'm trying so hard to keep it together in front of my family but sometimes I just cant help but cry. I look at his pictures every day and night. I just wish I could undo all of our pain and make everyone happy again. RIP comet doggy.
Harpsfarm

Reply with quote  #7 

Thank you all for the kind words. My heart is still so heavily with grief. The pain is unbearable since losing my sweet baby. The tears seem like they never stop. It has been just over a week, and feels like it was yesterday. I can't seem to find any joy in anything anymore. Trying to go on day by day, and when you go outside, it seems no one understands the pain. I am planning on setting up a memorial for my sweet Frank by having a hand drawn framed photo of him. 

I cry when I see my other dog not himself. He's not playful like he used to, and has almost stopped eating. I love him to pieces, and it helps, but he isn't my Frank. I hate seeing him hurt as well. It seems now no amount of time will ease the pain.

Mslinda

Reply with quote  #8 
You are so welcome. You know i have lost so many other dogs and it was hard too but nothing like this. Comet was so different than all of my other dogs. He was so crazy about me and I loved him too. That dog would get in front of me and take his charge stand to protect me each time I took him for a walk . He didn't play when it came to me. I cry every night at work and I look at his pictures on my phone every night. I spent so much money trying to get him well and I have no regrets. I would do it again. I feel as if I have lost one of my children. This pain never stops. I"m barely eating and sleeping. I wake up in the middle of the night crying because he is not here. My home is so empty and quiet, I cant stand coming home. He would greet me each morning with a bark of excitement and each evening he would say bye. The day he died , he was so weak but he stood up and walked to me and I gave him a big hug and asked him to sit and he did. Then I rushed him to the vet, where he collapsed and I screamed and cried for hours. My world just ended. I prayed so hard that weekend and I asked god to spare him and give me more time with my dog but, he died. I know we all have to go. But, I know when I leave this world I will see comet again and I will be so happy again. If I wasn't so afraid that my soul will go to hell for suicide, I would take something and just go to sleep for good but, I know my children will be so hurt if I left them so I stay here in pain to keep my family happy even though I am miserable and I fake my happiness each day now. I do't know what to do without Comet. He was my purpose for coming home. My children are all grown, they don't need me anymore but comet did. So now what?Linda
Harpsfarm

Reply with quote  #9 
I am the exact same. I work from home, so I was here all the time with Frank. We had our routine, even though some days seemed so crazy. What I wouldn't give to have one of those crazy days again. I am up at 3 am every morning to make sure my son makes it to work, as he always texts me when he gets there. I would let Frank and Jake outside to potty. Frank would always let me know when he wanted to come in, and would get so excited for his morning treat. He would dance around in circles, and bark with excitement (as I would try to keep him quite so he didn't wake my husband) waiting at the cupboard, for me to get there. Once I had his treats, He would sit up, waive his paws, readily awaiting his treat. I don't have that any more. Or sitting in the recliner, and Frank always knew when he saw a blanket, it meant he would be up for his snuggles. His favorite thing was to come up into my lap, and just snuggle for hugs. What I wouldn't give to have one more day to see his dance, have one of his hugs, to just be with him.
Mslinda

Reply with quote  #10 
I know what you are talking about. It sounds as if u are in my head and my heart because I feel the exact same way. I miss my Comet so much. Every where I look inside and outside there's a memory or something yo remind me of comet. I talk to comet every day, I can feel his spirit in my home. I just cant see him. I still squeak his toy and he loved his squeaky toy so much. I dont know what to do. I'm praying for strength and for the pain to go away.
Harpsfarm

Reply with quote  #11 
The pain right now not many people understand. I get it. Just wishing someone could help provide that comfort. Doesn't seem like the pain can get much worse. I know in time the pain and heartache will subside, but the memories will never go away. I tend to go outside, and look and go to all the places that Frank was laying on Sunday, because I knew something was wrong, and he wasn't feeling himself. I blame myself for not trying to do more to help him, if I only knew. Franks bed is still in his crate, exactly how it was. I so miss him just going into his bed, He would look up at me with his heartfelt little eyes, not lifting his head. I could feel the love in his eyes just beamed when he looked up at me. I would always tell him he was pathetic, such a big baby... That was our thing. Keep the memories of you and Comet close, those will be in your heart forever. 
Mslinda

Reply with quote  #12 
We can't blame ourselves and beat ourselves up because we know in our hearts how much we loved our dogs and there wasn't anyone anything, anything that we wouldn't have done for them to prolong their lives. I'm taking the death of each dog I've lost and I'm taking it as a learning experience to avoid this guilt and blaming feelings I have now from comet and each other dog I have lost. My goal now is if my new dog is not himself,  I will immediately go to a vet. I have found myself a more modern vet office, where I my old vet s office was out dated, he was old and in bad health but was a very good vet years ago but he misdiagnosed comet and it caused me my dog. He didn't properly  check him out and by the time I found this new vet ,it was too late for comet but never again ,never again. At first I was blaming myself for not taking off from work to take comet to the new vet but he seemed ok. He was eating and drinking water. Using the bathroom but it was the fluid in his lungs from his surgery that caused his heart to over work and he went into cardiac arrest.  But, I had vowed, If he had came down with cancer, i would not have kept him here to see him weak and not be vibrate because that's how he was full of life every day and that's how i remember him till this day. I'm just glad God spared me from having to make that decision.  But, i know Christmas time will never be the same for me because comet died that Monday morning before  Christmas.  Christmas,  is a reminder now when i lost my dog. Lord,  i love this dog so much. I'm loosing weight  like crazy because my appetite  is gone. But, I'm praying for strength for pet lovers who are experiencing this horrible pain. Please ,reach down deep and forgive yourself because if you had know, you would have done anything for your dog just as I would.  I keep going back to that last Saturday before comet died, and the new vet office, asked me. Do you want to bring  him in today. I said, no I'm at work.  I kept thinking and beating myself up  by saying  I should have left work  that Saturday and maybe he would still be here but then my faith in God and reality kicks in and I know each person and pet has a set birthday and a set death day in this world. So, no matter what we think we could have prevented,  God had already put his death day in place. We can't  out do God,  no man has more power thanGod. We will see our dogs again in heaven I know we will. Please be strong, and believe the day we leave this earth our pets will meet us in heaven. That's what  I'm holding onto and it eases my pain . So, I dont say bye to comet, I say I will  see you again comet and we will be together again. Start telling yourself that because I know we will  see them again. I'm going to share this story with you.2006,June. I lost my wonderful brother Timothy.  He had a little dog that he was so crazy about. A week later, when the dog realized Timothy had died. The dog grieved to death. I know he is with Timothy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.