moetrn1

Our beloved dog Max of 17 1/2 years was laid to rest yesterday after his arthritis rendered him unable to stand.  It was heart breaking to see him struggle to even sit.  We knew it was time and we all agreed we were going to bring him to the vet sometime this week.  I felt horrible having to choose the day that he would die and I prayed to God to give me strength to be able to do this.  As it turned out Max took a turn for the worse that night when we slept.  We woke up on Valentines Day to find him scared and laying on the cold floor of the bathroom.  We did not choose that day...God chose it for us.  We knew it was time.  We all said our goodbye's and held him and wept as he was put to sleep.   My heart hurts soooo much knowing that he is no longer here with us.  Its weird not seeing him as I woke up this morning.  Or changing his diaper every few hours.  We put diapers on him cause on some days his arthritis hurt him and he couldn't walk down the 1 step out the door.  He died on Valentines Day...my sister says its because he wanted to be with his Valentine Roxy who was his wife for 15 years and passed 1 1/2 years ago.  Do Dogs go to heaven?  I need to know that I will see him and Roxy again.  They were our world.  My heart hurts so much. 

Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pooch Max,  but I have no doubt that a loving God has deemed that all of us will be reunited with our pets in his heaven.  Please take comfort in that thought,  as many of us here are doing.  God is Love,  and promotes love not only between humans,  but  between humans and all his creations.  Your poor pooch was helped by you and knows you loved him.  My heart goes out to you.  
Quote 0 0