Forum

Author   Comment   Page 11 of 11     «   Prev   8   9   10   11
Peteyd

Reply with quote  #151 
137 days. Nearly 5 months. Almost half a year. It seems like yesterday we were playing in the back yard with the ball. Elvis carried a tennis ball with him everywhere. His favorite toy. I could buy him expensive toys, complex and interesting toys. He loved that ball more than any of them. I miss you Elvis. I think about you every day. All the time. People tell me to move on. How’s? I would give anything to spend a little more time with you. I am still waiting for a sign from you. I try to remain open in my heart and in my mind. I love you so much Elvis. You were my best buddy. I still feel lost on Saturday. I have not been to the park. I have not been to the lake. I have not gone to any of the places we went. It would be to hard. I’m sitting inside. Winter in New York. I think of spring and my heart just gets heavy again. I’m grateful that I had eleven years and I feel cheated that it was only eleven. I miss you Elvis. I love and miss you more than ever buddy. ❤️🐾

Reply with quote  #152 
Thinking about you Pete. On my trip I thought about Millie a lot. It just won't go away, that eternal ache. Elvis won't leave you. That void will always be there in some capacity. Mine has gotten much, much smaller, but I've accepted that it just won't go away completely. I hope that one day you'll be able to go back to all those wonderful places where you and Elvis spent all that great time together and smile thinking about all those great memories. Hoping you'll be able to see Elvis in your dreams one day.

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy

Reply with quote  #153 
Peteyd,
I have followed your journey with Elvis from the start. It is likly the hardest journey you will ever take.
My friend said to me as I was grieving the passing of my cat Henry that when you think about it I'm sure there are more people who have had pets than people who haven't. And those people millions and millions of them have lost them also.
I was able to take a small margin of comfort in this because I realized just how alone I was not. You are not alone in your pain, you have everyone who knows how you feel and they all want you to feel better... So much better. Your precious boy is gone.. but I'm sure he's peaceful , content and happy and wishing the very same for you. Everyone I've spoken to since my Henry has told me theyve been through it..they know how painful and gut wrenching it is. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops ..'how dare all you people just go on with your lives when my Henry is gone!' But.. they shouted it right back at me.
I guess the only real tangible thing I had left was the caring and support from other people..even strangers.
All I wanted was Henry back . I longed for him so badly that I couldn't breathe. I was willing myself to die.

But friends , family and this forum have helped immensley. Henry would not want me to be like this and they've helped me realize that too.

Elvis had a wonderful buddy in you. It's just not fair that our babies can't live as long as us but he wants to see you happy.
He needs to see you happy.

Many hugs
Carol
BrodysMama

Reply with quote  #154 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteyd
I am so lost, I feel l8ke I can’t go on without him. My life feels empty. I can not accept this. I want him back. It is too much to bear. I can’t imagine my life without him. What is the point. I am not eating. Everyone thinks I’m crazy. I miss him so much, I can’t stop crying. Wailing from deep down like I never have before. It is the darkest time I have ever experienced. I’m not equipped. He is all I think about. I’m begging for some kind of relief. Please God if you are there please help me. I spiral downward so quickly. I can’t do this much longer. It’s too much to bear. My Elvis. I never loved anything so much. It’s too much. It’s just too much . Please God if you are there please hear me. I am begging for some kind of relief from this . I can’t take this pain , my heart is just so heavy and the sadness sucks the life from me. I still loose my breathe. When will I get some relief from this. Will I ever. I miss you Elvis. I am parked in front of the river where we used to walk. I loved taking you here. It is close to the house so sometimes I would go in my pajamas. We would come early on Saturday mornings and sometimes very late at night. I loved coming here and letting you out of the car to sniff around. We would walk together. I loved coming here. We came in a foot of snow and the trail was non existent, but we managed. We came in the heat of the summer and the bugs were just awful but we managed. We came here in the fall when the leaves were turning and it was so beautiful. The weather was perfect. A little cool, you loved that. Me too. Our favorite time of year. We would walk and I would speak to,you and you would listen. Sometimes you would get excited at something I said and you would jump up and lick me in the face. You knew what I was talking about. You understood me. I would laugh and get such a kick out of our communication. It was perfect. We understood each other perfectly. I am here right now Elvis. I am at the river parked in the car looking at the river. I got out and walked a bit, but it wasn’t the same. I tried so hard to imagine you with me, but it hurt. It hurt so bad, it stole my breathe. My heart ached so I went back to the car. I’m here Elvis. I’m sitting in the car, remembering our time here and wishing I could have one more walk here. Just one more moment together, God I miss you so much Elvis. I’m here and you are not. I’m lost without you Elvis. Mom an I are fighting and things are not good. We both miss you. I am suffering without you. You were my best friend Elvis. I loved our time together more than anything. I’m lost without you. God if you exist please help me. Elvis you were the best thing that ever happened to me. I wish you were here with me right now . I love you Elvis. Love-Love.
BrodysMama

Reply with quote  #155 
im so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.  I read your words and its as if you are in my heart speaking the words for me.  I can so identify with all your emotions. We lost our precious boy, Brody yesterday morning and the pain is literally taking my breath away. Cancer sucks.. I know you understand..
Peteyd

Reply with quote  #156 
I do understand, and I am sorry. So sorry. There is nothing at all that I can say that will make you feel better. I wish that there were. This process is just that. A process. It is different for everyone and can be challenging to say the least. I am here for you. If you’d like to message me , feel free. I can only tell you what I did to get through some of the toughest times. It is still hard sometimes. I like to think I’m healing, but some days I’m not so sure. I’m so sorry that you Brody is gone. Remember him and keep him in your heart. He is there, deep down inside your soul. He’s there. Always.

Pete🐾❤️

Reply with quote  #157 
Quote:
I do understand, and I am sorry. So sorry. There is nothing at all that I can say that will make you feel better. I wish that there were. This process is just that. A process. It is different for everyone and can be challenging to say the least. I am here for you. If you’d like to message me , feel free. I can only tell you what I did to get through some of the toughest times. It is still hard sometimes. I like to think I’m healing, but some days I’m not so sure. I’m so sorry that you Brody is gone. Remember him and keep him in your heart. He is there, deep down inside your soul. He’s there. Always.

Pete🐾❤️
BrodysMama

Reply with quote  #158 
That unconditional love and deep connection that we developed over the years with our soul dogs makes it so hard to live without them now. I also am struggling with some guilt feelings over the management of his last two days with vets. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there are things I certainly would have done differently if I could do it over. Sigh. 😔
I ordered a book from Amazon that many others had recommended to me. It’s called, “Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates.” Just started reading it and already it has provided some much needed healing. I highly recommend it to anyone that has lost their pet. My boy’s presence was so huge. There definitely is a big space in the air without him here. Hugs to all of you who are missing your fur babies. I understand your pain and I’m here for you. 💔🙏🏼🐾
BrodysMama

Reply with quote  #159 
Quote:

Pete🐾❤️

Pete,
Here's the post I wrote about my boy..(photos)...
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/what-we-had-should-never-have-ended-10026556?pid=1307224538#post1307224538
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.