Forum

Author   Comment  
chinasmom

Reply with quote  #1 

It has been 3 days now and i still hope it is all a dream and i will wake up and it will be like before.  I think the hardest thing for me to get past is the fact that i made the wrong decision.  At China's passing, i phoned in to the vet to see about cremation. I called the Pet cemetery and all i got was there voice mail. I then phoned a former vet before we moved to see if he knew any in the Thibodaux area and they too didn't answer.  I waited and waited but with much commotion here and help of other, my husband started to dig.  He noticed it would be to hard to dig as there were may tree roots to pass through, so we phoned a friend with a backhoe to help out.  I figured by the time he gets here maybe someone will call me back about cremation.  Again they never did until the next day.  So with out having a place to house her(freezer) we buried our beloved China in the back yard.  There was no time to build a coffin so we had her wrapped in a blanket.  I'm just so sadden by the  fact that if we move she will be left here alone with out us and the kids running about her.  Is it inhumane or whats the word, injustice? to dig her up and bring her with us if we do ever move??  I know this may sound morbid but that is what i believe saddens me the most.  If she were cremated she would be able to follow us everywhere.  If someone could help me ease the pain I'm having with this issue please write back.  thanks to you all in advance who has taken the time out to read my story and has visited my baby's residence.  China, Napoleonville la.  OXOX.

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear China,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences at this tragic time.  If this is any help at all, I had to go through something quite similar about 20 years ago.  Our beloved Sparky, who would never leave the yard, apparently chased a deer down to a highway and was hit.  We didn't find her till the next day, it was very warm, and time was of the essence.  There was no time or tools to build a proper coffin, so I did what you had to do....wrapped her in her blanket and buried her in the back yard up in Gettysburg, PA.  When we moved to West Virginia in 1992, I did consider attempting to bring her home with us, but for various reasons decided to not disturb her rest.  In the last 17 + years, we have 4 more beloved babies buried in the back yard here (unfortunately there will be more in the future).  It's a nice little spot with concrete grave markers and all.  In honor and memory of Sparky, we decided to name the area "Sparky Park", I think it was the best we could do.

I hope this is at least a little bit of help to you...  I do pray you and your family Peace and Comfort.

Sincerely,

TomT

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear China's Mom,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and the second-guessing you're going through now.

Three days is nothing at all.  It's still so soon after your loss, and it really does take time to adjust to life without our furries by our sides.

I understand that you regret not waiting to have China cremated, and I understand why, but there are other things you can do to memorialize her that will bring you comfort.

China has no use for her body now. She soars young and free among the angels, a part of the great love energy of the cosmos forever.  She will always live within your hearts, within whispering distance.  That is the part of her that matters now. 

As time passes and your healing begins, see if you can find a figurine or something that reminds you of China. I have no doubt that she will guide you to the right thing at just the right moment.  Maybe it will be a figurine, maybe it will be a grouping of pictures of her, or it could be something as unexpected as a cookie jar or sugar bowl that reminds you of her.  You just never know until you see it. 

Make a scrapbook, or memorial file on your computer where you can keep stories of the time you shared with her, pictures, and even letters of sympathy and posts from this forum.  Remember that the more you write about her, the sooner the smiles will come, and the closer you will feel her spirit. 

As you write them, please share those stories with us here.  We love getting to know the Bridge Angels by reading what their people write about them.

You, your husband, and your beautiful Angel China are all in my thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #4 
China's Mom,
I am truly sorry for your loss. It was a Friday, 09-04-09, when I had to put my sweet baby girl, Jasmine, a 13 yr old Peekapoo, down from the side effects of ProIn. It was a very emotional time for all of us-like walking in a fog. I was so upset knowing I was losing Jasmine that day, I could not or would not think about what we were going to do 'afterwards'. I feel comfortable with the knowledge that she is now a Rainbow Bridge Baby. We buried her in the flower garden where she loved to play. We have an engraved headstone we made from slate from the garden. Even if I ever have to move, Jasmine will live in my heart forever. Her sweet face has been permanently etched in my mind. I can't tell you yet that time will ease the pain. I'm still mourning Jasmine, and feel today I will always shed tears when I think of her, when we try to talk about her.
Rest assured, you made the best decision you could for your China. She is now with the Fur angels-free from pain and suffering. Free to run, play, eat with all of her new friends at The Rainbow Bridge.
Her memories are in your heart.
My thoughts and prayers are for you and China today. 

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
jen_075

Reply with quote  #5 
Chinasmom,

I actually think its lovely you could bury your China in your backyard- I would have done the same except all we have is concrete.And at this time, money is a big issue for me, so I could not do a private cremation for Jake. I brought his body to the vet, in a box, and they were very kind there and will send me a lock of his fur & a pawprint- I feel guilty, but as somebody mentioned, China has no use for her body, I agree with that.

She is an Angel now- the body just is a temporary place for our spirits. But you treated her body with the utmost dignity, IMO. You did the best you could, and treated her very lovingly.

I do understand how you feel- I keep hearing from people that it takes a long time. Its only been 2 days for me, so we are in the same boat.

I cry when I need to, and do something else to keep myself occupied when I feel a bit stronger.

I am sorry you feel so awful, but know you are truly NOT alone in this! This was a major loss and you must be good to yourself, and keep putting your thoughts out there as you need to.

Sending lots of hugs and wishing you comfort,

Jen xo

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.