Kathleen110416
Cosmoos.jpg 
 My beautiful and loving Wheaten Terrier dog Cosmo  passed away on Friday, November 4, 2016 at 14 + years. When he was 13 + in March of 2016 he developed cysts on his eyelids and the Vet said he was strong enough to have them removed. I agreed because they know better than I do. The operation was a success until a week later Cosmo started to dehydrate with vomit and diarrhea. We took him back to the Vet and they hospitalized him. Long story short, once he came home it happened again and was hospitalized.  His head was twitching and he was losing control of his back legs. It also appeared  as if he didn't know where he was going on our daily walks. They didn't know what was wrong with my Cosmo. I took him back to his original Vet who knew him since he was born. She immediately  diagnosed him as have a brain tumor. The brain tumor could not be verified because that would involve anesthesia which she felt caused his dehydration from the operation. My Vet kept my Cosmo alive with prednisone and anti-seizure medication. My Vet saved Cosmo for  8 more months until I noticed he wasn't breathing well, wheezing  and sounded like he was struggling for air (Vet suspected Larpar),  going blind, couldn't hear me like he used to, couldn't go up the stairs without  stumbling, stumbling on our walks, walking in circles as if lost,  and just laying around. He struggled to stand and to sit so he just crashed onto the floor to lay. He was restless at night and when the slight moaning started I brought him back to the Vet. On Friday, November 4, 2016 my Vet informed me that it was "Cosmo's time" - I was shocked and stupid. I agreed to  euthanization. I did not want my Cosmo to suffer anymore, but the experience was horrible. When I brought Cosmo into the room, he immediately panicked and started scratching at the door to get out. He was frantic and banged his head on the examining table. When the Vet tried giving him the needle to open his veins she somehow missed and Cosmo cried out in pain. Finally the injection was given and the Vet told me to walk him around outside in the sunshine and when he starts to lose his balance (which should be in 10 minutes) to bring him back in . Well it only took 3 minutes and he was collapsing  and falling over.  I rushed him back into the office almost dragging him. We laid him on the table and she injected him with the final medication and  he was gone. I am heartbroken. I tried to give my dog some dignity in dying which he deserved only to be tortured with the horrible thought of how he left us....scared and panicked. He didn't deserve it. He deserved a peaceful  death. He was a wonderful and loving dog.  I am haunted by his last minutes and pray everyday since that he forgives me.

Kathleen McCormick
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777

Dear Kathleen

So,so sorry that you have
lost your beloved Cosmo.

So,sorry for the way that
you have lost him too!

Today,I had to put my
sweet and beloved Cat
Maya to sleep so I can
surely identify with 
your pain and heavy 
heart.

Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear Kathleen,
So sorry you have lost your precious Cosmo.
When we had our boy Spike put to sleep over 8 months ago it wasn't as straightforward as I'd thought it would be. He's veins kept collapsing and he struggled as we tried to keep him calm as the vet tried 3 or 4 veins. I don't think she was the most experienced of vets.
I think no matter how the procedure goes that old devil called guilt will make us see things very negatively.
Cosmo is at peace now,as is Spike.
Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Bellarosa
Kathleen110416 wrote:
Cosmoos.jpg 
 My beautiful and loving Wheaten Terrier dog Cosmo  passed away on Friday, November 4, 2016 at 14 + years. When he was 13 + in March of 2016 he developed cysts on his eyelids and the Vet said he was strong enough to have them removed. I agreed because they know better than I do. The operation was a success until a week later Cosmo started to dehydrate with vomit and diarrhea. We took him back to the Vet and they hospitalized him. Long story short, once he came home it happened again and was hospitalized.  His head was twitching and he was losing control of his back legs. It also appeared  as if he didn't know where he was going on our daily walks. They didn't know what was wrong with my Cosmo. I took him back to his original Vet who knew him since he was born. She immediately  diagnosed him as have a brain tumor. The brain tumor could not be verified because that would involve anesthesia which she felt caused his dehydration from the operation. My Vet kept my Cosmo alive with prednisone and anti-seizure medication. My Vet saved Cosmo for  8 more months until I noticed he wasn't breathing well, wheezing  and sounded like he was struggling for air (Vet suspected Larpar),  going blind, couldn't hear me like he used to, couldn't go up the stairs without  stumbling, stumbling on our walks, walking in circles as if lost,  and just laying around. He struggled to stand and to sit so he just crashed onto the floor to lay. He was restless at night and when the slight moaning started I brought him back to the Vet. On Friday, November 4, 2016 my Vet informed me that it was "Cosmo's time" - I was shocked and stupid. I agreed to  euthanization. I did not want my Cosmo to suffer anymore, but the experience was horrible. When I brought Cosmo into the room, he immediately panicked and started scratching at the door to get out. He was frantic and banged his head on the examining table. When the Vet tried giving him the needle to open his veins she somehow missed and Cosmo cried out in pain. Finally the injection was given and the Vet told me to walk him around outside in the sunshine and when he starts to lose his balance (which should be in 10 minutes) to bring him back in . Well it only took 3 minutes and he was collapsing  and falling over.  I rushed him back into the office almost dragging him. We laid him on the table and she injected him with the final medication and  he was gone. I am heartbroken. I tried to give my dog some dignity in dying which he deserved only to be tortured with the horrible thought of how he left us....scared and panicked. He didn't deserve it. He deserved a peaceful  death. He was a wonderful and loving dog.  I am haunted by his last minutes and pray everyday since that he forgives me.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Bellarosa
Of course he forgives you but there is nothing to forgive. He hasnt. stopped loving you what you did was loving now he can run and playvwith beautiful dog Bella
Jan
Quote 0 0