kitkat1994
Does anyone grief ever get worse at night ? mine seems to since my aunts dog passed away this past weekend. I never even got to say goodbye I am heart broken last night I was so sad that I couldn't stop crying . My boyfriend had to lay down where I was  and comfort me its just so difficult. I haven't experienced grief since my cat died I knew my aunt's dog for 15 years I was nine years old when they got her which was in 2003 i am so sad i just miss her a lot she is always on my mind. R.I.P Luscious gone but never forgotten  I miss you  
shine your light down on me
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Kitkat...yes night time is a hard time, i know that for sure, even in the mornings when i first wake up that too is a difficult time.

I am sorry for the loss of your Aunt's dog, what was the doggies name? This is all fresh, new and raw and it takes awhile before we feel better. The road of grieving is a long road with many ups and downs. I do know the first few months are by far the hardest.

Keep coming back and posting it helps alot and takes away that alone feeling.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Like Cam said, the nights and mornings are the worse. My China slept with me every night, so it was a shock for so long every time I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, the FIRST thought in my mind was that she is gone. It took a long time before I could get past that, and even now, I struggle. It's only because of how much we loved them and how they gave us their love totally every day. Blessings to you and I'm glad you came here to this forum.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
kitkat1994
The dogs name was luscious she was fifteen just turned fifteen this month. she was the most amazing dog ever so sweet so welled behaved but they found out she had a tumor because she wasn't acting right I miss her a lot  
Quote 0 0
kitkat1994
Chinadoll wrote:
Like Cam said, the nights and mornings are the worse. My China slept with me every night, so it was a shock for so long every time I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, the FIRST thought in my mind was that she is gone. It took a long time before I could get past that, and even now, I struggle. It's only because of how much we loved them and how they gave us their love totally every day. Blessings to you and I'm glad you came here to this forum.

yeah it will take probably a while for me to be okay again i knew her for fifteen years so its tough 
Quote 0 0
springacres
Oh, mine absolutely got worse at night, especially for Tigger.  Night time was his "cuddle time" and God forbid you were doing something that didn't involve sitting down with your lap free by 9 p.m., because he would pester until he found someone with an empty lap.  (Even a reasonably empty lap would do, especially if it was my mother's.)  The first couple of months after, I kept thinking I heard his collar jingle or his little insistent "yow"-ing.

Even now, just writing about it brings back the memories.

For now, though, just remember that though Luscious may be gone from this world in a physical sense, she will always be in your heart.  If the grief becomes too overwhelming, maybe see if you can find a stuffed dog that resembles her and hug it close whenever you miss her too much.  And if anyone tells you that's childish or silly, ignore them.  It's no more childish or silly to need to hug a stuffed animal than it is to collect Beanie Boos.  
Callie - my dog daughter
Tigger & Katrina - my angel kitties
Quote 0 0
kitkat1994
springacres wrote:
Oh, mine absolutely got worse at night, especially for Tigger.  Night time was his "cuddle time" and God forbid you were doing something that didn't involve sitting down with your lap free by 9 p.m., because he would pester until he found someone with an empty lap.  (Even a reasonably empty lap would do, especially if it was my mother's.)  The first couple of months after, I kept thinking I heard his collar jingle or his little insistent "yow"-ing.

Even now, just writing about it brings back the memories.

For now, though, just remember that though Luscious may be gone from this world in a physical sense, she will always be in your heart.  If the grief becomes too overwhelming, maybe see if you can find a stuffed dog that resembles her and hug it close whenever you miss her too much.  And if anyone tells you that's childish or silly, ignore them.  It's no more childish or silly to need to hug a stuffed animal than it is to collect Beanie Boos.  

yeah my consular said that its normal to grieve over a loss 
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
Mine was at night time  like so many of the others.  For many years, I was working from home and at 10 PM, Carmen would start pacing and then barking.  I had no clue she could tell time but obviously she could.  If, heaven forbid, I ignored her, the barking became louder and she would jump up on my leg and start walking to the bedroom, insisting that I follow her - which of course I would.  So 10 PM Central time is my witching period.  It always will be.  Lord I miss that little girl.
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0