LilliRose50
My heart is empty. My sweet old girl Dane is gone to eternity.
I never thought it has been so hard. I called the vet home that night so she quietly passed with her head on my lap laying on her favorite blanket. 
I did bury her in between the garden and the backyard that btw was her favorite place to walk and sniff around..

She was 11 years old Harlequin Great Dane girl. She lived fully a princess life at home with everything she needed. She was my life!!! I have her since she was a tiny adorable pup

She had mobility and fragile knees rhumatism/arthritis issues getting worst than ever, she started to have no appetite, she was fallin on her hind (back legs cross and cannot get up crying) she needs me to help her back on her feet and could`nt hold herself *pee-poo* while sleeping.

I got from the vet meds to help her out ..it worked not that bad for at least 6 months but my vet said ..nothing can be done + anymore

I always feel inside a bit guilty ..but what could I do more ... 
I know 11 years old is not bad for a Great Dane but I would`ve love to have her forever

My life is so empty without her...I cry everyday on and off
I made at home a little Memorial with one of her pic and candles makes me feel a bit good, but still grieving it`s so hard!
I would`ve love to go with her!

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
LilliRose, I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. I know what a difficult time it is to go through this terrible pain. We all wish we could have our babies forever, but forever would probably still not be long enough for us. We always wish we could do more for them but there are limits to what we as humans can do for them. You loved her and she knows that. You cared for her so much you were able to keep her healthy enough to spend another 6 months with her. When you feel ready I would love to see pictures of your girl. Meanwhile keep posting here where everyone understands your pain and will write words of comfort to help you on this long journey with grief.
Quote 1 0
LilliRose50
Thanks for the support!

Marlen I just red the story of Bailey & Max they Rest in Peace
This is a such sad story! I know the feeling and how empty we feel when we loose a furry friend. It`s like the pain will never end!

My Condolences Marlen!!!  :(

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Thank you LilliRose. Coming to this forum has helped me tremendously.
Quote 1 0
LilliRose50
I think to go to jeweller and make a silver dog tag and long silver chain for myself ungraved name of my girl Dane with *dates birth - gone and a paw ..it might help me 

You know I`ll keep my dog winter coat, her bedding, her leather leashes and collars her brush and shedding blade...sometimes I lay down on her bed and get her smell and I cry but I think it helps me ..I don`t know.   

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Doing those things help us feel closer to them and that always helps. The tears help also.
Quote 0 0