MikeinIdaho
She was a sweet, beautiful Golden Retriever. She was 9 years, 11 months old, just shy of 10 years in November. She was so happy on Saturday, playing and enjoying herself. Sunday morning she threw up. I didn't think it was anything since she sometimes chews a Frisbee and accidentally swallows small pieces. I saw her getting worse, took her the emergency vet. Within 30 minutes, she was dying. I had the vet give her the gift of euthanasia. Her spleen ruptured from a tumor which is a dreadful curse for Golden Retrievers. I miss her so much. It hurts so much. She's in the middle of this picture.
Quote 1 0
MikeNC
Such a beautiful dog. I feel your pain. My dog Jasper was 13 and developed a cancerous tumor in his bladder. Nothing could be done, but we were able to keep him with us for two weeks before letting him go. He passed away while in my lap. That was September 10th and I have cried every day since then as I move around the house. I have been retired for 7 years and he was my constant companion while my wife continued to work. He slept right by me every night and followed me from room to room.
I am new to this forum today. I hope it helps us both move forward. Your picture shows other dogs, I hope they keep you busy and help you heal faster.
MikeNC
Mike Freeman
Quote 0 0
MikeinIdaho
I have one more Golden Retriever, his name is Gunner. These are amazing, peaceful, loving dogs. I will remember Gracie with a collage of picture's hanging on my wall. She was cremated on Saturday October 13, 2018. I'll have both her and her brother Stuey side by side in their own memorial urns. Stuey died back in August of 2009 at only nine months old.
Quote 0 0