Forum

Author   Comment  
georgysmummy

Reply with quote  #1 
hello everyone,
i have never done anything like this before, but i dont know what to do. im hoping i may find some support and comfort. my heart is broken into a million places. we lost our gentle giant george on monday, 4 days ago. i cant bear it. our boxer was the most unique, vunerable, funny, sensetive man.our baby and our best friend.
we were out on the fields and he had a heart attack, aged 7 years old. his sister hatty, wont eat, walk , sleep....its awful.
the pain i am feeling is to much to bear. i cant believe he isnt here, the void is too too much.....im in pieces
georgys heartbroken mummy x
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear GeorgysMummy,

I am so sorry to hear about your shocking, sudden loss.  My heart goes out to you now as you struggle to find a toe hold on the path to healing.  I hope that, in time, you will find tremendous comfort knowing that George was having a wonderful time right up to the last seconds of his life.  What a blessing that is for him!  I imagine he just kept running to the Rainbow Bridge.  From there, he will watch over you and your family forever.  You will feel him close to you as long as he lives.  He is snuggled in that part of your heart that was his from the instant you met, and nothing can ever change that. 

This is the best place I know of to turn after saying goodbye to our best friends.  I've been a volunteer here for almost 6 years now, and I've seen so many beautiful friendships grow here, it's amazing.  My husband and I are going through the painful process of caring for our 16 & 1/2 year old kitty who has CRF and has also been experiencing either seizures or strokes recently. It's breaking our hearts.  During the past week, I have received phone calls and e-mails from so many dear RainbowsBridge friends from around the world.  It has renewed my strength when I needed it, and has brought me great comfort.  I know you will also find new friends here who truly understand the scope of your loss.

Poor Hatty will need a lot of love and encouragement over the coming days, but she will be likely to recover much sooner than you will.  The two of you will comfort each other during this sad time.  Watch Hatty for signs that Georgy is getting through to her.  I believe ~ no, I know ~ that our surviving animals can communicate with their angel friends. 

Take care of yourself now. Make sure you eat healthy foods, and get the rest you need.  There will be rivers of tears (or, "Love drops," as a dear friend calls them) in the coming days and weeks, but remember this:  All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts.

You, Hatty, and your sweet Angel Georgy are all in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxoxo

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Goobiesbf

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm so sorry for your loss.  George meant so much to you and to loose him so suddenly and unexpectedly at such a young age is a shock. The first days are excruciating.  So many things in our lives are attached to the babies, friends and protectors that are no longer with us.  One minute they're everywhere with us and the next minute they're gone and can't be found.  We long for them.  We want them back so much that it hurts.  We want them back so our lives can be normal again.  It's a very difficult time.

As each day passes the pain lessens but the memories remain.  Some of your more special and meaningful thoughts of George will continue to be painful longer than others but little by little most of your memories of him will become warm, almost comforting, instead of heart-wrenching.

And poor Hatty.  Include her in your grieving.  She's feeling as lost and lonely as you are maybe even more because she can't understand what's happened to George.  If she continues to not eat or play - she sounds depressed, a trip to her vet may be needed.

As difficult as it is to hear and to understand, there's no short-cut through the grief.  Your grief over George's passing is as deep as your love for him was high.  He knew and still knows that you love him very much.
AmandaW01

Reply with quote  #4 
((((((((((((((((((((Massive hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) oh sweetheart, I'm here because 5 weeks ago today I lost my boxer Brock and the pain was just incredible. He was killed in the road, so sudden, so tragic, he was 3 years old, and I know exactly what you're going through. Boxers are mad, completely barmy, but the love they give and their sheer joy for live and bouncing fills the whole house, they leave and the space is just enormous.  I'm so so sorry to hear about poor Georgy, what an awful shock for you, but what a wonderful way for a boxer boy to go - bouncing, running around, having fun, the thing they do best :-) The only thing that has got me through this is knowing that my darling Brock never got old, never suffered, never had to stop bouncing, and that he's bouncing still! I'm sure that seeing Georgy arrive at the bridge he bounced up to him and they are now charging around and having the most wonderful time while they wait for us to join them. 

Poor darling Hatty, my little Molly was also in pieces for a while, she pined so terribly we ended up rehoming another little girl - a french mastiff this time, so like brock in so many ways, but also different (she bounces but not to such a great extent). The day she arrived was the first time Molly smiled in a long time. Give Hatty tons of love, she'll be hurting and confused and needs to know that her family are there and won't disappear too poor baby.  She will get over this, and so will you, but it takes time, its so hard. I still cry, I look at his picture and my heart breaks, in 1.5 hours it'll be 'the time' and every Friday I end up crying my heart out, but each week it gets that little easier. 

Georgy knew how much you loved him, you gave him a wonderful life and he went so happy doing what he loved best with the people he loved most in the world. His loss will break you heart, but I promise you that in time your heart will mend, so will Hatty's and it will be ok, but give yourself the time and the space you need to grieve for him and remember your darling boy xxxx
georgysmummy

Reply with quote  #5 
I cant tell you how much your words have helped me. You are kind, understanding, loving people.
Im not having a good day today, so I cant really write too much. I promise over the weekend I will write to you all. Just dont have the strenght tonight.
I feel for you all, we are all going through it, or have been.
Amanda, my heart is with yours.....I will be in touch, I think we can help each other just by chatting. Thankyou so much for taking the time to write to me x
Is anyone on Facebook?
I have done a tribute to George, this is the link. It would be nice to all be friends on their and share our laughter, pain and memories xxx

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3744159&id=550598130#!/group.php?gid=338566848403&ref=nf
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.