Chaplin
I had recently lost my furybaby, Chaplin at the end of January and on March 3, 2018 he was found in the woods behind our neighbor's house and his life had been taken by someone.  It was devastating which as I write the word it is an understatement.  I just cannot wrap my brain around any of this...who could do such a thing.  All I do is cry and wish I had been with him to save him and bring him home. I think about how hurt he must have been and perhaps he was trying to get home.  I don't know.  He was alone and I always had told him that he would never be alone...never because I would be with him.  And I always was except for that night when he slipped out of the gate.
He never went far except for this time.  Some of my friends and myself searched for him all night, we were in the woods and I would call out his name but would not get an answer. 
Jan Connor
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Jan - I cannot even imagine what you must be going through and I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Chaplin in such a horrific way. I wish I can say something magical to make you feel better but I do not have the words. The first step is that you have found this forum and you have come to the right place because the members of this site are the most wonderful, compassionate, knowing, and caring people you will ever hope to meet. We have all suffered the loss of our furbabies in various different ways and under various different circumstances--however the one thing we all felt in common is/was the immense grief, the sense of utter loss, deep feelings of emptiness, over-powering guilt, intense anger at an unseen enemy, staggering denial, and above all--the absolute feeling of helplessness. But there is also the warmth of companionship, the beauty of understanding, the comfort of compassion and the wisdom to seek and find healing. Like I said, I wish I could say something magical but I cannot. I can say, however, that you are not alone and we are here for you. Keep talking to us about your feelings, about your beloved Chaplin--we are here to listen and to understand. Jan-I wish you the warmest of hugs and blessings of comfort to help you through this terrible and sad ordeal.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0