Tiffrazier
My 14 and a 1/2 year old boxer Oscar passed away suddenly yesterday at the bet after having surgery to remove a testicle tumor. My family is a mess I'm a mess when does this pain go away I miss him so much I brought him home and we spent the rest of the night and early this morning with him until they came to take him to be cremated. I am heartbroken A part of me died with him yesterday.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so sorry Tiffany. I know the pain is excruciating. I’m so glad you brought him home, to mourn and spend time with him before they came. Some may think it’s morbid but I cherished the time I had with my girl before they took her. The pain doesn’t just go away. When you love deeply you hurt deeply. You can’t get around it. You and your family spent almost 15 yrs creating many memories. He was a large part of your life. For most of us we are hit with grief stronger than we’ve ever felt before. For 14 1/2 years your home was filled with unconditional love. A warm exuberant greeting each time you opened the door. I know the boxer butt wiggle, makes me smile. You’ve found a home full of caring, warm people who like you have lost a piece of their heart. But you won’t be alone, someone will reach out to you when you need it, and we all need it. Be extra kind to yourself and try to think of one wonderful memory everyday and write it down, you’ll be glad you did. Keep coming here and sharing it’s a lifeline,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Tiffrazier
The pain is over whelming. The crying never stops.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
It is, it really is. The loss is epic, so is the pain and grief. It wraps you up and squeezes so tight it’s hard to breathe. And the tears are endless, they really are. You’re going to find the slightest thing will bring them on, and it’s not the kind of sweet or cute tears, it’s the full blown ugly tears, the scream in the shower tears, or sob in your pillow face down tears. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I can only tell you that this is the rawest, when it’s a mix of surreal and heart shattering images of the final hrs. You’re not alone,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry, Tiff. The early pain is truly unbearable. My heart goes out to you and to your family over the heart-rending loss and how much it hurts.

Everyone here gets it, understands, aches along with you. 

I hope writing here and being heard will be some help. Cry your tears, express your outrage, every rotten feeling that will surface. Grief is astonishing in its intensity, the storms of it will let you catch your breath, then start up again. And it lasts longer than most of us envisioned. 

Take good care of you while you're feeling so raw. Hugs and wishing you much comfort.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0