squares Show full post »
Buddy_Mama
Squares, I have no doubt that your Gregor did visit you in that dream - and the fact that he looked peaceful and content was a sign that he's OK now, and he wanted you to know that. I hope you're doing a bit better each day in this journey of grief we're all on. Hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 1 0
squares
Thank you for the kind words again, Buddy_Mama.

We're coming up on two months since Gregor left us.  I still think about him every day, and sometimes I still cry.  Every night, he would come and sit on my lap and we'd spend time together, and he would stay forever if I let him.  There's just nothing that can replace that time we spent together.  My two remaining cats are both under two years old, and while I love them dearly, they can never be Gregor.  He was a one-of-a-kind cat.  I miss him so much.
Quote 1 0
squares
Yesterday was the two-month mark.  Gregor, I still think about you every day and wish you were here with us.  I hope you're with your brothers on the other side, having a great time and knowing how much you're all still loved over here.  
Quote 0 0
squares
I can't believe Gregor has been gone for over three months now.  I still think about him every day and miss him every night.  Our house isn't the same without him, and sometimes I still catch myself expecting to see him in his usual spots.  We love him so much and always will.  
Quote 0 0
squares
I had a nice dream about Gregor last night, or maybe it was a visitation.  It felt so real, I wasn't sure that it didn't really happen when I woke up.  In the dream, I got up out of bed and went down the hallway to our living room.  I saw a cat sitting on the floor.  I thought it was my cat who's still alive, but when I got closer, I realized it was Gregor.  It freaked me out, but I felt so happy to see him.  I had some cat treats in my hand, and I got down on the floor to give him some.  He seemed happy and peaceful.  He was okay.  I tried to pet him, but my hand went right through him and he disappeared.  I felt sad, and then I woke up.  But as I thought about the dream throughout the day, I felt that he was just saying hi and letting me know he's feeling better where he is.  I miss him so much.   
Quote 0 0
Orange_Cat
Oh so sweet of him to say hello!  I think if a cat or any loved one  was to visit from the afterlife, it would have to be at a time when our guard is down and we are more able to take it in and allow ourselves to experience it.   While dreaming is the perfect time!   Ive had similar experience and personally think these things are real, and I also think at the same time that even if its not real, even if its my mind creating it, its still a gift and a step toward healing, no need to question it.
Quote 1 0
squares
Thank you, Orange_Cat.  I've had dreams about deceased relatives that I am sure were real, and I believe this one was, too.  It was so comforting that he came to let me know he's still around and feeling okay.  I had so much guilt about his illness and death back in March and April.  It felt good this morning to know that he's at peace and he's still good old Gregor.  I cry every time I think of him.  I don't know if I ever had a deeper bond with an animal, and I've loved all of my animals dearly.  I hope he comes to visit me again.  And I hope everyone gets a visit like that from their pets when they need it.
Quote 0 0