jossen13
I feel so sick and guilty that I just couldn't watch the vet put my poorsick kitty down. I wasn't expecting the worst when I took her in and the shock just threw me. I told him I didn't think I could stand to see her die. Now I am so full of regret and guilt, even though I know she is now pain free. Thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I am so sorry. When my sweet Roary cat died I was not with him. He died on an operating table at the vet hospital. I had left while he was in surgery. I was told it would take hours. They called and said he was full of cancer (unexpected) and they asked if they could put him down. I said yes. I was too far away to get back in time and I didn’t want him woken up and being in pain (they had opened up his chest) so he was alone with the vet and not his mommy when he died. I have been wracked with guilt over what I did and didn’t do just like you. I’m so sorry. I couldn’t stand being on the crowded noisy waiting room. I was physically a and emotionally exhausted as he had been sick for a week and I had been everywhere trying to get help.
If you are having her cremated most of the places that do this will allow you to see her again before she is cremated. You can request a viewing. If the vet has not had her transported to a crematory you can request to see her again too and tell her how you feel if you think that might help. This is what I did. I don’t know if it helped or not. But I just needed to see him again.
AR
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Dear Jocelyn,
I believe that our beautiful friends know when it is time to leave; even if we don’t or are just not ready.
They look at death differently as a transition so while you would have liked to be with her I don’t think she was afraid; she was ready. You gave her the most important thing while she was here with you; you gave her your heart. She was a happy girl because of you.
When we mourn we are filled with so much guilt and so many regrets. It is all a part of this terrible journey called grief. It’s good that you posted here on this wonderful forum where others will be able to understand and support you. Sending hugs and a wish for peace,
MJ
Quote 0 0
DogMom86
Don’t feel bad about not being there when your kitty got her wings. That’s a personal decision. We often don’t know how sick our fur kids are and I think, they might not either until the final days or hours. Animals live in the moment and don’t dwell on death. Your cat knows how much you loved her, 17 years worth. You helped her get her wings. She is now pain free and her spirit is still with you. Blessings and hugs.
Mija, Chihuahua: 2004-2019
16 years
London, Golden Retriever: 2005-2020
15 years

Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, Kawaii and Pepita the Chihuahua

Quote 0 0
jossen13
Thank you all for your kind words and support. It does help to have people who know just how you feel. I appreciate you all
Quote 0 0
jossen13
Does anyone know if our loves are waiting for us? Will we be able to see them when we go?
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
jossen13,
I definitely believe that our loves are waiting for us.
Yoir kitty was very sick and as MJ said she was ready to pass on. That’s because she knows it is just passing on to the next realm and as DogMom said her spirit is close by.
Please believe it. You’ll see her again when the time is right!
Blessings! 🌹
Sharon
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I ask myself this all of the time. I certainly hope so but don’t really know. I wish I did
AR
Quote 0 0
chilover
Hello everyone.

I don't know whether or not this will help, or if any of you are aware of the book "Goodbye pet and see you in heaven" by Bel Mooney! It is a beautiful and enchanting book about the author who rescues a little dog called 'Bonnie', and after it passes she receives signs from it and experiences a few other different things, one of them being how her 2nd dog stood "stock still" and started shaking after it went to the spot where her beloved 'Bonnie's' bed had once taken place in her room. I was astounded when I read it! There are quite a few other things in the book and she explained that beforehand she had always been quite cynical about these things until she herself had experienced them.

Sending comfort to you all

Hugs
Angelina
Quote 0 0